closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ming 17.09

Ming 17.09

Releasing this week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Just got the email as well. Is this a more ‘mass produced’ version of the 27.01? Without a display case back of course

Journeyman
    No thanks

Pass

Cheap and nasty looking blue. Crap strap on the burgundy.

No picture of the back unfortunately.

Might be tempted by the blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Just got the email as well. Is this a more ‘mass produced’ version of the 27.01? Without a display case back of course
    I think they are quite different (the 27.01 thinner with no lume). I managed to get a 27.01 and am awaiting delivery in late May.

Might try to get a blue one here

Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post

Just solid case back I think

Master

https://ming.watch/collections/homep...17-09-burgundy

Third picture. I imagine blue one is the same

- - - Updated - - -

Got a 27.01 coming as well but I think I’ll pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I think they are quite different (the 27.01 thinner with no lume). I managed to get a 27.01 and am awaiting delivery in late May.

Might try to get a blue one here

Craftsman
    When I saw my first Ming I thought they looked fabulous, now I find it hard to tell them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    When I saw my first Ming I thought they looked fabulous, now I find it hard to tell them apart.
    There's certainly a strong brand look.

I certainly wouldn't bother getting a number of them myself, but I guess some love the look enough to.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    I quite like the blue version, the lume looks to be a big upgrade from the earlier 17.06s

Blog Entries
    To many releases in a short space of time , I would probably have went for the blue if not waiting on the 27.02

Journeyman
    Ming has so far deployed the the 'limited release' trick to build brand awareness and boost desirability. However, with the rapid release of new models all with a pretty distinct but similar look, I wonder if this will work for very much longer. If you like the Ming look, but 'miss out' on a particular model, you now know there will be another similar one along very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    To many releases in a short space of time , I would probably have went for the blue if not waiting on the 27.02
    I prefer the 2702 over these. I always say, the pricier Mings are worth it, so much higher quality and better finished; but the 17 series offer the 'Ming look' and quality is still very good for the price.

Overall not a bad Ming entry - almost predictable as the brand continues with their brand identity. Not one for me, I can't see how it fits relative to the other 4 I have. I do agree on the number of releases, but different price segments and if demand stays strong, then power to them.

The previous owners' batch sold out in about 2 minutes (as usual) - Aug delivery, the waiting game starts again:)

Master
    General batch release today if anyone’s interested

^Thinking about ordering the blue version.

Craftsman
    I managed to grab a blue version yesterday. Best of luck for anyone going for one today.

I'd recommend adding a strap to the cart before the link for the watch goes live, go up to the payment page in their checkout process and then go back to add the watch when live. This way all your shipping details are entered already and its add the watch and straight to the payment page.

^Excellent tip, thank you so much! Just got a blue one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    I managed to grab a blue version yesterday. Best of luck for anyone going for one today.

I'd recommend adding a strap to the cart before the link for the watch goes live, go up to the payment page in their checkout process and then go back to add the watch when live. This way all your shipping details are entered already and its add the watch and straight to the payment page.
    Smart man, sounds like a good tip!

Journeyman
    Managed to pick up a blue in the 1 minute these were available. I got up at 5 am local time because the shop opened at 6 am for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfury View Post
    Managed to pick up a blue in the 1 minute these were available. I got up at 5 am local time because the shop opened at 6 am for me.
    ^Excellent tip, thank you so much! Just got a blue one myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post

well done all.. glad to know that a few of them are coming to TZ :)

Craftsman
    Well done to those who managed to grab one, will be interesting to see how many orders they commit to in tomorrows window.

On a side note that handset actually looks pretty close to something Ming shared with TZ a while back too..
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...4-New-watch!-D

Journeyman
    If I had a complaint it’s that I don’t see the point of hacking seconds if there isn’t a seconds hand

Master
    Somehow despite having both my address and payment card preloaded in my browser, I was still too slow at two minutes. There must be bots involved here, this is ridiculous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Somehow despite having both my address and payment card preloaded in my browser, I was still too slow at two minutes. There must be bots involved here, this is ridiculous.
    There’s a time limited release tomorrow. 10 minute window and it seems all orders will be guaranteed but quite a long lead time

https://ming.watch/blogs/journal/min...ch-information

Journeyman
    Assuredly some people are using bots but there are others who got lucky without them (including me). I will preface this by saying I have exceedingly good internet (i pay for gigabit fiber) so my page may have refreshed faster than other people. Thankfully the 10 minute window will allow everyone to buy one.

Has anybody made the minging joke?

I mean it's not. But.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfury View Post
    If I had a complaint it’s that I don’t see the point of hacking seconds if there isn’t a seconds hand
    All hands stop.

Is it payment in full or 50% deposit for this release?

50% for tomorrow

50% for tomorrow
    Ah ok thanks

Master
    Same for me. I'd taken Mike's advice about pre-filling in personal details and got one in the basket within a couple of seconds of it going live. Went to checkout and was put in a queue, but after a minute or so the Sold Out message popped up. 6 months wait was just about bearable, but I'm not going to bother trying today as this last batch will not be sent for a year or more, based on volume sold.

Have always fancied trying one, but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Same for me. I'd taken Mike's advice about pre-filling in personal details and got one in the basket within a couple of seconds of it going live. Went to checkout and was put in a queue, but after a minute or so the Sold Out message popped up. 6 months wait was just about bearable, but I'm not going to bother trying today as this last batch will not be sent for a year or more, based on volume sold.

Have always fancied trying one, but hey ho.
    You know, I'm not actually sure how much bot activity was going on - I think today will prove there is just a crazy amount of demand. Great for the brand, but it really is nuts.

Also to add - delivery START in March 2022 for those that order today. I.e. if lots of orders and you're later on, it could take much longer....

Master
    Different looking watch which is no bad thing in today's day and age. However the best part of 2k GBP for a 2 hander is a little steep and there are other watches that would grace my wrist before this at that price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    there are other watches that would grace my wrist before this at that price.
    But nothing that looks quite like this - that's the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Different looking watch which is no bad thing in today's day and age. However the best part of 2k GBP for a 2 hander is a little steep and there are other watches that would grace my wrist before this at that price.
    'Different looking' and then saying other watch would grace your wrist doesn't jive with me - what else would you then get?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel like the pattern on the dial would make my vision go fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I feel like the pattern on the dial would make my vision go fuzzy.
    One reason why in general I'm not a fan of guilloche-esque dials. It can be a bit much'

Managed to secure one in blue within 5 minutes.

Autofilled personal details - accidentally used my corporate email, which means im stuck with the firm for at least another 1 year!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan95 View Post
    Managed to secure one in blue within 5 minutes.

Autofilled personal details - accidentally used my corporate email, which means im stuck with the firm for at least another 1 year!
    I managed to get a blue one as well. Was actually remarkably smooth today compared with yesterday (where I basically had no chance!) - was all completed within a minute. My number is in the 3600s so it looks like they’ve sold a fair few :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
    I managed to get a blue one as well. Was actually remarkably smooth today compared with yesterday (where I basically had no chance!) - was all completed within a minute. My number is in the 3600s so it looks like they’ve sold a fair few :)
    That’s not too far back I think - I was in the 3300s (first release 2 days ago). They sold 300 more yesterday too

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    That’s not too far back I think - I was in the 3300s (first release 2 days ago). They sold 300 more yesterday too

That’s good to know. Thanks. Hopefully I will get it in March next year then.

Like it enough to buy it at price if available but not enough to wait online to order, pay a deposit and wait for an unspecified period.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
    My number is in the 3600s so it looks like they’ve sold a fair few :)

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    I'd say this will.be devastating to the flippers as this ensures they won't sell over RRP. Expect a bunch of these to be made available BNIB at list once they arrive

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'd say this will.be devastating to the flippers as this ensures they won't sell over RRP. Expect a bunch of these to be made available BNIB at list once they arrive
    Totally agree and lots of Ming releases to look forward to I suspect in the meantime!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    They seem to work hard to fish out the bots/flippers