closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vangaurd isa

Vangaurd isa

How is yours performing over the last couple of months, mine was performing well upto 14% return.over two years
    Its now down to 4% mine is made up of various life stratagy funds

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Most of the recommendations I've seen with these funds is to just leave them be, don't even bother looking at the returns. It'll just discourage you when they dip, which they'll inevitably do at some point.

I haven't taken that advice and have checked repeatedly! But I've not cashed out because past performance over the long term (decades) suggests it'll return a decent rate. Of course, past performance isn't an indicator of future performance, but for the bigger picture passive stuff, it seems you're unlikely to lose out in the very long term.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There'll be some rocky roads ahead in the stock market but just hold tight and stay invested. It'll come good!

Mines down 9%

Master
    I am still up 2% over the last 12 months and 16% over last 2 years. UK equity income index fund has given me the best returns lately

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    All depends on what funds you are invested in. There will be ups and downs for a while.
    Personally I wouldn’t even look.

I've been with them for 2 years and as of now, the ISA is showing 23.01% growth.
    It's not something I check regularly as it's a long term investment....

Cheers,

Adam.

Craftsman
    The market is all over the shop at the moment. Vanguard seems to have lost around 1% generally since January but it made 1% since May last year.
    Investments are at least 5 years before you can really judge performance, invest and forget.
    Alternatively look at unit trusts and assess when you cream off the gain to offset against your CGT allowance if you want to take a more dynamic management role.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    The market is all over the shop at the moment. Vanguard seems to have lost around 1% generally since January but it made 1% since May last year.

Vanguard are an investment platform, not a fund so they don’t have any investment performance. Which fund (s) are you talking about? For example over the last 12 mths LS100 is up around 12%

Master
    Interesting! Didn’t know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vanguard_Group

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Vanguard are an investment platform, not a fund so they don’t have any investment performance. Which fund (s) are you talking about? For example over the last 12 mths LS100 is up around 12%
    When you invest in the platform you choose which funds or portfolios you want. It doesn’t have to be just FTSE for example. The timing around the initial investment has a big impact in short term growth. The numbers I quoted represented my investment in their platform as I happened to look at it yesterday. In fact today, the last 12 months have lost 1.63% according to my plan details.

My portfolios are:
    HSBC global strat
    L&G multi index
    Vanguard life strategy 60%
    Vanguard life strategy 80%

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    When you invest in the platform you choose which funds or portfolios you want. It doesn’t have to be just FTSE for example. The timing around the initial investment has a big impact in short term growth. The numbers I quoted represented my investment in their platform as I happened to look at it yesterday. In fact today, the last 12 months have lost 1.63% according to my plan details.

My portfolios are:
    HSBC global strat
    L&G multi index
    Vanguard life strategy 60%
    Vanguard life strategy 80%

Fair enough but without being pedantic you don’t invest in a platform, you invest in the funds on the platform. You’ve now stated what those funds are whereas before nobody had any idea what you had invested in.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Fair enough but without being pedantic you don’t invest in a platform, you invest in the funds on the platform. You’ve now stated what those funds are whereas before nobody had any idea what you had invested in.
    And they are all suffering currently and for the foreseeable I guess.