closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hotels.com, has anyone actually managed to get a refund from them?

Hotels.com, has anyone actually managed to get a refund from them?

We have a hotel booking in Spain next week, not heard a thing from them, they do not reply to emails and don’t answer the phone, fortunately it’s not a lot of money but that’s not the point. Is anyone else trying to get their money back from them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    We have a hotel booking in Spain next week, not heard a thing from them, they do not reply to emails and don’t answer the phone, fortunately it’s not a lot of money but that’s not the point. Is anyone else trying to get their money back from them?
    Check your spam filter, I think they send an email about 3-4 days ahead and give the opportunity to rebook via the website. I missed the email and lost my chance; fortunately it was only for a few nights with work.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I had a couple of bookings with them and got fed up with the lack of communication so went directly to the hotel. One was a nice NY hotel (recommended by folks on here actually - the Walker in Greenwich) so it was a lot of money. They refunded me in full without quibble. Might be worth trying?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Often even if you get through they will just put the phone down if they cant be bothered.

They owe me for some shocking squat type accommodation from 2 months ago,they said it was my fault I should have gone by the star rating.

Food poisoning in one place, when I read deeper into the reviews it said how bad it was,they where aware but still let them trade.
    What has any of that got to do with the OP’s question? Hotels.com has absolutely nothing to do with you booking cheap accommodation and not liking it

Looking at this they don’t like giving refunds, they are not a UK company so don’t give a toss

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/trav...om.html?page=2

Master
    ^Yes that makes for pretty grim reading. I’ve always quite liked hotels.com but I guess the real test comes when things go wrong.

Maybe give the hotel a message directly. I might have got lucky with the Walker though. Your other option is, of course, a chargeback via your credit card provider. If you paid using an AMEX you’ll probably get excellent and quick support... the others less so.

Ultimately you should get your money back (or a credit at the very least). But it might take a lot of effort.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I got a refund from them for a pre-paid hotel in Manchester originally booked for last weekend... they emailed me about three weeks ago offering free refund. The £160 refund hit my credit card account about 4 days later.

Not a refund as such, but they have sent me an e-voucher to use in a Pembrokeshire b&b we had booked for a night anytime in the next 12 months. Would have preferred a refund but it's not much money so pretty happy with the outcome.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I had one refunded when this lockdown started, it was a work-related booking and while hotels.com weren’t willing to cancel the book, the hotel was and they gave the instruction to approve the cancellation. Might be worth getting in touch with the hotel itself first.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV

I've had 2 offers of a refund. In both cases the hotel cancelled. In the first case I was promised an refund in 24 hours. That didn't happen, so I got Amex on the case & the refund came through.

In the 2nd case I was promised a refund in 30 days. About 15 days later I got another email trying to retract the offer of a refund & give a voucher / credit. I wrote back & told them that was unacceptable. The response gave a phone number that doesn't work.
    I'm just waiting for the 30 days to run it's course then I'll get Amex on the case again.

I have another booking with them for a 5 day trip to Portugal mid May. No doubt that won't happen & no doubt I'll be arm wrestling with them again.

If I do ever use them again (I have probably had 40 booked nights via them in the last 3 years) I will never again pay in advance of the stay.

I know it's a difficult time for many businesses, but these buggers have our money - they don't pay the hotels until after the stay.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    What has any of that got to do with the OP’s question? Hotels.com has absolutely nothing to do with you booking cheap accommodation and not liking it
    I thought it was the same company,don’t get angry go for a walk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I thought it was the same company,don’t get angry go for a walk.
    Don’t worry Bwest76 (or DitchDigger, Soapy, whatever) - I’m not angry! Had a lovely walk already in fact

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Looking at this they don’t like giving refunds, they are not a UK company so don’t give a toss

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/trav...om.html?page=2
    That makes for pretty ropey reading for all of the bigger booking sites!
    Booking.com, expedia and hotels.com all come out as pretty poor.

Master
    I'm sure hotels.com (owned by expedia btw.) will lose a lot of business once the lockdown lifts and rightly so, I've used them a few times but will never go near them again.

Master
    We always try to book direct these days and usually get the same price as advertised via broker sites. Better to keep the margins with the hotels so they can prosper and reinvest.

Update - Spoke to AMEX yesterday & they will credit my a/c for second promised refund from Hotels.com.

The date for the stay was in the past. They didn't provide the service.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I had a couple of hotel bookings with them recently. Fortunately we went for the cancellable bookings and pay at arrival options which would've cost a bit more if we had stayed with the hotels.
    Requested for the cancellation at the end of March and got the confirmation immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I had a couple of bookings with them and got fed up with the lack of communication so went directly to the hotel. One was a nice NY hotel (recommended by folks on here actually - the Walker in Greenwich) so it was a lot of money. They refunded me in full without quibble. Might be worth trying?
    That was my recommendation - a superb hotel and I'm vary pleased to see they sorted everything out for you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That was my recommendation - a superb hotel and I'm vary pleased to see they sorted everything out for you.
    Was so looking forward to it Tony; thanks for the recommendation (I don’t think I asked specifically but spotted the thread when I was looking for somewhere).

I was very impressed with their handling of the situation when compared to hotels.com. When all of this is done and dusted we’ll try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Interesting, I wonder what they can do to a company based in Texas, I think that it should be made law that consumers know where internet selling companies are based, and in an obvious way,I'm pretty sure it would put people off.

I'm waiting for a refund from hotels.com for a cancellation I made on 6th April.

They promised to refund my payment within 30 days.

Fingers crossed...

If it doesn't appear, I'll get my credit card company on the case and wait another 8-12 weeks (Thomas Cook flight refund!!)

MW

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52498691

surely this is an automated process, how slippery can you get, its a couple of tables and a simple query, Date and cancelled...…...send money.