closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Doxa- Frog - Seestern

another person here with the faulty batch email.
    Took the tenner off and a rubber strap for the delay and stuck with the order.

It will be interesting to see how quick they turn this around.

Doxa- Frog - Seestern

So all sized for the frog and on wrist

It’s a nice thing
    Though j can’t see the date as my eyes are poo

I’ve got a seestern too to size snd try
    They clearly are out of the same factory

I think the baby blue dial looks lovely on both so may sell this and get the blue or just keep them for autumn spring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sweepinghand; 10th October 2021 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Haha, I have bought the yellow and and have been wondering whether I should have gotten the one you have!

Maranez

Tbh other than the colour of the dials they all appear pretty much the same

The seestern I have needs sizing but next to the frog it’s pretty much the same other than the dial

All the huff about the bezel on frog doesn’t worry me - i don’t even paddle since almost drowning in a freak accident a couple of years ago

So for the monies - I’d not go over about 130

Would I buy a doxa ? Maybe - but they just don’t look great value having watched the review with JOMW

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I bought an orange Tactical Frog after a WTB, as I'd always fancied a Doxa but didn't want to find I'd shelled out for something I didn't actually get on with. Having had it on the wrist for a week and been very happy with its dimensions and appearance, it's confirmed my view that I'd very much like a classic orange Doxa, so much so that I'll be ordering one from Jura next month.

I'll be putting the 'Frog on Sales Corner at the weekend. It has served its purpose and I hope it'll be appreciated by its next owner.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    one of the reasons why Rolxx doesn't eagerly try to eliminate those factories in China

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    From the same company, is this a bit too close for comfort to be a "homage"?
    Even so it's not exactly a cheapie at £565.

https://seesternwatches.com/shop/ols...p3NsO3GodKSA7Y
    Hruodland have been doing this style of watch for a year or so now for sub £200

https://wrwatches.com/collections/hr...onze-big-pilot

and various Ali shops

If you look around there are some nice 'fumee' style dials too.

Master
    For those who missed the Seestern.

Watchdives have the V2 frog available from today.

No frog text on the dial and the bezel has been sorted too.

I've often fancied an orange Doxa having read most of the old Cussler books and after seeing the praise for the Seesterns on here I wanted to see one in the flesh.

I damn well knew that when a watch pal of mine I haven't seen for a few weeks turned up at home yesterday he'd have one on.

He'd only had it three days but when I was pleasantly surprised by the build and finish quality my Mrs managed to wrestle it from him for my birthday later in the month.

He's ordering the blue one now.

Very nice pieces at an incredible price.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    What have peoples' experiences of ordering the Seestern from china ?
    I ordered a yellow dial from Ali Express on the 27th Sep. I got a card through
    the letterbox a few days ago with a customs charge of £61.61 to be paid before
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93
    Can't help but think I'm being ripped off here.

maseman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93

maseman
    I ordered mine from ailexpress- I think it was £151 - Royal Mail delivered and there was no charge

Craftsman

maseman
    If you've paid the vat on the order with AliExpress you shouldn't be being charged again. Have you tracked the order through AliExpress to make sure it's for the seestern and not something else?

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    For those who missed the Seestern.

Watchdives have the V2 frog available from today.

No frog text on the dial and the bezel has been sorted too.
    Also throw your a ten dollar voucher on entrance to site

Also there will be an 11.11 Ali express sale I’m sure

Blog Entries
    Sounds like either Ali Express or UK Border Force made a mistake.

If Ali Express prepaid the VAT then there shouldn't have ben anything else to pay on coming into the UK.

You have two options: Either (1) do not pay and it will eventually be returned and (hopefully) you'll eventually get your money back or (2) pay and then reclaim the over-payment from Border Force. To do this you'll need evidence of what the item really is and that you prepaid VAT.

The £61.61 charge seems a bit much (even taking the RM/Parcelforce fee into account). It is possible that Border Force have not only charged import VAT when they should not have done but also charged Customs Duty (perhaps because they got the tariff category wrong). This happened to me in the past. They refunded me with no problems when I sent them the necessary info.

I really wish that foreign companies would not sign up to the UK's VAT prepayment scheme. It just makes things more complicated, not less.

Master
    Picked the watch up today, Ali express have put the wrong amount in USD on the customs label $365.80 instead of $178.84

This is going to be fun - NOT !!!

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sounds like either Ali Express or UK Border Force made a mistake.

If Ali Express prepaid the VAT then there shouldn't have ben anything else to pay on coming into the UK.

You have two options: Either (1) do not pay and it will eventually be returned and (hopefully) you'll eventually get your money back or (2) pay and then reclaim the over-payment from Border Force. To do this you'll need evidence of what the item really is and that you prepaid VAT.

The £61.61 charge seems a bit much (even taking the RM/Parcelforce fee into account). It is possible that Border Force have not only charged import VAT when they should not have done but also charged Customs Duty (perhaps because they got the tariff category wrong). This happened to me in the past. They refunded me with no problems when I sent them the necessary info.

I really wish that foreign companies would not sign up to the UK's VAT prepayment scheme. It just makes things more complicated, not less.

Blog Entries
    Picked the watch up today, Ali express have put the wrong amount in USD on the customs label $365.80 instead of $178.84

This is going to be fun - NOT !!!
    That's actually good, I think! It's a clear and simple error that you can correct by sending proof of how much you actually paid (including prepaid VAT) to HMRC/Border Force. Don't throw away any packaging or labels!

The form you want is BOR286 I think: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...by-post-bor286

It's really not a terrible grind. I've claimed for overpayment errors on a couple of occasions and where the error is clear, such as this one, they just pay up.

If they do pre-pay the VAT does the courier still charge their £10 or whatever fee?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If they do pre-pay the VAT does the courier still charge their £10 or whatever fee?
    No. If the prepayment is correctly calculated and documented then there should be nothing more for the courier to do or to pay on the recipient's behalf and so the courier won't charge anything.

BUT... where there's a cockup like this one then obviously the courier will have charged a fee. And even though maseman should be able to get his entire tax/duty overpayment back from Border Force there is no simple route that I know of to getting the courier's fee refunded. I suppose from the courier's perspective they would say that they had to do the work of holding the package anyway.

Master
    Thanks Mark,
    I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
    maseman

That's actually good, I think! It's a clear and simple error that you can correct by sending proof of how much you actually paid (including prepaid VAT) to HMRC/Border Force. Don't throw away any packaging or labels!

The form you want is BOR286 I think: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...by-post-bor286

It's really not a terrible grind. I've claimed for overpayment errors on a couple of occasions and where the error is clear, such as this one, they just pay up.

Definitely a step up from The Frog:

Hi

Got my seestern orange on friday and I am generally liking it.

Love the very comfortable beads of rice? bracelet.
    Very much like the seiko jubilee in the way it hugs your wrist.
    Not so great is a snap shut clasp - i would of preferred the orient mako press the 2 plungers? method.

The hands are a bit indistinct at the end with not sharp enough edges not helped with the large amount of black on them.

Still great value for me as i bought from the seestern site i didnt have to mess with customs.

Doxa- Frog - Seestern

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Got my seestern orange on friday and I am generally liking it.

Love the very comfortable beads of rice? bracelet.
    Very much like the seiko jubilee in the way it hugs your wrist.
    Not so great is a snap shut clasp - i would of preferred the orient mako press the 2 plungers? method.

The hands are a bit indistinct at the end with not sharp enough edges not helped with the large amount of black on them.

Still great value for me as i bought from the seestern site i didnt have to mess with customs.
    Mine arrived yesterday and it took a week via Chinese Post, arriving safely by Hermes yesterday.

It is a very comfortable bracelet, although the pins on mine were quite tight and needed a bit of effort to resize. The lume is very good once the sun has been on it and the lumed date wheel and bezel dot are a nice touch.

I have always loved the Doxa retro look and this is an affordable homage that I think is excellent value for money.

I’ would definitely look to save up and buy a Doxa in the future and it is nice to see a homage (for once) that is not a submariner or seiko.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by messym; 17th November 2021 at 17:40.

Master
    Has anyone that has ordered direct from Seestern discovered an effeictive way of tracking the parcel? The instructions they give you for the 4px website are garbage and my usual Universal Parcel Tracking sites dont yield much information either.

Cheers

I’m not wearing my black dial model so will let it go if anyone’s interested:

hd pic upload

Craftsman

Doxa

Ive not had the pleasure of owning a Doxa as yet but seriously considering adding one to my collection at some point in the future.

After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?
    I think the same happened with WMT watches when they were first released. They are a bit of fun and not much else. Easy come, easy go.

I think it's mainly that people buy them as a cheap way of seeing what they think of a Doxa on their wrist. Especially as they can then be sold on and only lose the postage.

Okay. I get that. Just ordered a Frog (version 2). :)

Okay. I get that. Just ordered a Frog (version 2). :)
    Nice, and they're pretty cool aswell, getting very tempted myself.

I would sell purely because I bought three new watches at the same time and one was always going to be sold.

It’s a great watch to be honest but I’m more into bigger watches at the moment hence keeping the 44mm Nav-b and 45 Bulova Lunar Pilot.

Cheap watches bit of fun, good to try out if you want a Doxa but don’t want a 2k mistake. Bit like Steeldive

Yes I fancy a bit of colour for a change. Ordered the orange version. Must be a mid life thing. :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’m not wearing my black dial model so will let it go if anyone’s interested:

hd pic upload
    Is this the V2?

I don’t know the difference but as I only ordered it a couple of weeks ago I assume it’s a V2.

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Is this the V2?

Master
    Lume pip means it’s a V2 as far as I know. Bezel is also much thinner on a V2.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Has anyone that has ordered direct from Seestern discovered an effeictive way of tracking the parcel? The instructions they give you for the 4px website are garbage and my usual Universal Parcel Tracking sites dont yield much information either.

Cheers
    Use 17track select 4px mine came to the usa in 2 weeks $165 $15 black friday sale no tax or shipping.

Solid keeper watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjcdas View Post
    Use 17track select 4px mine came to the usa in 2 weeks $165 $15 black friday sale no tax or shipping.

Solid keeper watch.

Cheers. Im using the 4px tracking site but the status hasnt changed since I bought the watch which was nearly 1 week ago. Ive contacted Seestern who have said I just need to be patient ha ha

Master
    Cheers. Im using the 4px tracking site but the status hasnt changed since I bought the watch which was nearly 1 week ago. Ive contacted Seestern who have said I just need to be patient ha ha
    It can take a while.
    The tracking number they give you (ending in GB) is the royal mail tracking number. This only becomes active once the package hits the RM systems. This will be after a lengthy journey from China and through UK customs which is apparently a nightmare at the best of times but with covid, brexit and xmas is even worse.
    Rest assured it will, barring unforeseen calamities, eventually show up on the tracker and then arrive a day or two later.
    I ordered one for my wife to give me for xmas back at the start of November and it arrived last week.

Shipping does seem hit and miss. Mine arrived in ten days but was delivered by Yodel.

As an aside I was all for buying a new Doxa, but having had a few variants in the past both vintage and modern, I wanted to remind myself why I kept selling them before parting with the best part of £2k. For the outlay, these Seesterns are excellent to the point where I have shelved plans for a Doxa. May grab one if one appears for a decent price on SC but I’m suitably impressed with the quality of this “imposter”.

They're relatively inexpensive and a colourful bit of fun, I bought a teal dialed Seestern, sold it and will probably buy the yellow version after the New Year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    It can take a while.
    The tracking number they give you (ending in GB) is the royal mail tracking number. This only becomes active once the package hits the RM systems. This will be after a lengthy journey from China and through UK customs which is apparently a nightmare at the best of times but with covid, brexit and xmas is even worse.
    Rest assured it will, barring unforeseen calamities, eventually show up on the tracker and then arrive a day or two later.
    I ordered one for my wife to give me for xmas back at the start of November and it arrived last week.
    Cheers for the insight. Strangely my tracking number doesn’t have GB at the end despite me being in the UK.

If I track via 4pm it says nothing other than that they have received the watch and that it’s been received by them. I placed the order 1 week ago now.

If I track via Universal Parcel Tracker it does appear that Yodel will be the courier in the UK but again there is zero information.

I’ll just have to be patient.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Shipping does seem hit and miss. Mine arrived in ten days but was delivered by Yodel.

As an aside I was all for buying a new Doxa, but having had a few variants in the past both vintage and modern, I wanted to remind myself why I kept selling them before parting with the best part of £2k. For the outlay, these Seesterns are excellent to the point where I have shelved plans for a Doxa. May grab one if one appears for a decent price on SC but I’m suitably impressed with the quality of this “imposter”.

I’ve eyed Doxa Sub 300s from afar for years but have never been quite sure. This will be a nice experiment!

Master
    I bought mine to decide whether I liked it enough to buy a Doxa and decided it wasn't and have just bought a new Breitling SuperOcean 44 in yellow instead which I think is a much better watch for about the same price.
    I now just use the Seestern when I'm working on the tools.

Master
    Cheers for the insight. Strangely my tracking number doesn’t have GB at the end despite me being in the UK.

If I track via 4pm it says nothing other than that they have received the watch and that it’s been received by them. I placed the order 1 week ago now.

If I track via Universal Parcel Tracker it does appear that Yodel will be the courier in the UK but again there is zero information.

I’ll just have to be patient.
    Ahh I'd assumed they used RMSD all the time when they probably pick whatever carrier is cheapest on the day. I'm sure it'll be the same though, lots of waiting then a flurry of e-mails and arrival within a day or two. Good luck and I hope yours arrives soon.

I have a brand new unworn orange dial seestern V2 that's surplus to requirements, if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Master
    12 days since I had the notification email stating the watch had been shipped.

Still no update on the tracking website they told me to use. Ive e mailed them again to enquire as to why there has been absolutely no movement on the tracking site.

Master
    The watch turned up after about 3 weeks.

Great bit of kit for the price. I sold it and now have a Doxa Sub 300 on my wrist :-)

Pulling into the house.

After wearing my orange version a few times I've come to the conclusion that the hour hand is far too small for me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052