closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: It's winter boot time

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Pick from loake, Sanders, NPS, trickers, church's/cheaney. I guess Edward Green, lobb, gaziano and girling are less likely to be doing contract work?
    Gaziano?!? highly unlikely to do contract work unless its just for a few pairs for a high end client as they employ less than a dozen in the workshop.
    its probably sanders or another at a similar level. i know crocket and jones make RTW for some of the bespoke makers but the price of the clarks would suggest it wasn’t them.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Agree, that's why I went for the brown. Got the igloo as it wasn't much more and might as well be toasty.
    Mine arrived and are far too small in my usual size, so I have ordered the next whole size up, as unfortunately they don't have half sizes. If those are too small, back to the drawing board... In the meantime another week of cold feet!

I haven't owned a pair, from NPS, I only have Loakes, Trickers and had a pair of Sanders in the past.

I visited the NPS Solovair factory shop though, some good looking NPS shoes there I thought.

Just threw in G&G for comprehensiveness rather than likelihood although I forgot Alfred Sargent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Managed to pickup the last pair in size 10. Not sure when they will get delivered but will pop some feedback on here, when they do.
    Spoke too soon - just had a email from Clarks to say my Craftmaster order has been cancelled due to stock availability. Oh well, looking on the bright side, it's saved me £150!

Craftsman
    Just received a new pair of Timberland boots from their sale,

https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en...1qxid28#hero=0

I have Timberland classic boots which are about 20years old and excellent quality was worried that these new boots would be poor in comparison but they are fantasticly made (Vietnam). Primaloft lined and vibram sole.

Will test them out later with the dog, came in at just over £100 including delivery if you use the 2 code discount glitch if it still works,

WELCOME10 then WELCOME. was giving double discount last week.

Sorry to hear that vagabond, My craftmasters just arrived - very pleased for the money.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 5th January 2019 at 15:25.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Very nice - and seem good VFM at the (sale) price.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    ^^^ Very nice - and seem good VFM at the (sale) price.

Yeah - they seem to do the craftmaster range once a year so I'll keep my eye out for this year's to arrive in the outlet...

Craftmasters also pop up from time to time on eBay. I wonder if they're Barker's.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Craftmasters also pop up from time to time on eBay. I wonder if they're Barker's.
    There are three waves (so far) and they are all different so it could be that each wave could be a different company...

Based on my experience with the craft master - might be worth a shout?

https://www.clarks.co.uk/c/Desert-Welt/p/26127856

Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    Just received a new pair of Timberland boots from their sale,

https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en...1qxid28#hero=0

I have Timberland classic boots which are about 20years old and excellent quality was worried that these new boots would be poor in comparison but they are fantasticly made (Vietnam). Primaloft lined and vibram sole.

Will test them out later with the dog, came in at just over £100 including delivery if you use the 2 code discount glitch if it still works,

WELCOME10 then WELCOME. was giving double discount last week.
    Looks like the double discount glitch is still live! Going to order some Chelsea boots from the sale tomorrow. Cheers for the tip!

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/shoes/men...ots/p/27253022

Good deal on what appear to be Cheaney Tweed R? £149. I’m never sure about TK Maxx stock though...these should be £375, but aren’t shown as discounted. Is that because TK Maxx never sold them at rrp so can’t advertise a discount, or is it that these are seconds or some inferior product, and not the real Tweeds? Is it it as good a deal as it appears to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Good deal on what appear to be Cheaney Tweed R? £149. I’m never sure about TK Maxx stock though...these should be £375, but aren’t shown as discounted. Is that because TK Maxx never sold them at rrp so can’t advertise a discount, or is it that these are seconds or some inferior product, and not the real Tweeds? Is it it as good a deal as it appears to be?
    Hurry, only one size 1 left.

Craftsman

Harlika GTX high boots

Just got a pair of these, half price and seem a good buy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Took a punt after seeing your post.Thought being I could always take them back

Just arrived today,plain unbranded (but decent quality) dark blue box,came without shoe bags but include the shoe tags/leaflet inside.As its TK Maxx,wasn't expecting the original packaging.
    Size 9 and you are correct,they are Tweed R.

Look the real deal,but not sure what would give them away as "seconds" (??)as nothing hand written inside the boots,and all appears printed as it should be.First pair of Cheaneys so not sure what to look for.Look really well made.

For less than half price happy to do without the box and bags.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Master
    For a heads up, owl in Harrogate has some trickers boots in the sale at half price had some 8-9-10s left the other day. There on there web site as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Yeah - they seem to do the craftmaster range once a year so I'll keep my eye out for this year's to arrive in the outlet...

Some Craftmasters in the outlet now:

https://www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/p/261305957

An extra 20% off with code HELLO2019 too!
    ______

​Jim.

Just got myself a pair or Tricker's Stow boots in Beechnut.

Black soles not blue.

Master
    I always look forward to the winter for the opportunity to wear my Hoggs Rannoch boots.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

So I was in the Liverpool TK Maxx and they had various Trickers (none in my size) - if they are seconds, they are not marked as such and I could not detect any flaws.

My boot selection the timberlands are constantly used on site and 3 years old ...the cheaney tiger moth boot wonderfully warm and around 5 years old time for a resole though ...the Ariat wellingtons are simple the most comfortable warm wellington boots I have ever had and I can walk for miles in them , highly recommended !....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These Belstaff Trailmasters came today from Secret Sales. First impressions are really good and the colour will just get better as they age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Lovely boots. And OT. Lovely floors. Engineered? I am in the market hence the OT question. Both above pics are great looking!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's winter boot time

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Lovely boots. And OT. Lovely floors. Engineered? I am in the market hence the OT question. Both above pics are great looking!

Cheer. The floor in my picture is from Karndean which is a form of textured laminate. Really hard wearing and can take the knocks. We had it laid at a 45 degree angle with a boarder and 5mm darker bead between the slats. It’s suppose to replicate a deck on a ship. Really please with how it came out and we’ve had slot of positive comments.

It took three days across the hall, WC and kitchen to put down in a new build property.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Cheers. The floor in my picture is from Karndean which is a form of textured laminate. Really hard wearing and can take the knocks. We had it laid at a 45 degree angle with a boarder and 5mm darker bead between the slats. It’s suppose to replicate a deck on a ship. Really please with how it came out and we’ve had slot of positive comments.

It took three days across the hall, WC and kitchen to put down in a new build property.

Got a pair of Bally curling boots - the most overrated shoes imo...

Master
    Cheer. The floor in my picture is from Karndean which is a form of textured laminate. Really hard wearing and can take the knocks. We had it laid at a 45 degree angle with a boarder and 5mm darker bead between the slats. It’s suppose to replicate a deck on a ship. Really please with how it came out and we’ve had slot of positive comments.

Stunning!! I have toyed with vinyl type stuff in the past but have never gone for it. Will give it a serious look!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've been wearing grenson boots over the winter and admittedly walk a lot around London travelling to work etc, but the soles of them have gone from chunky knobbly to totally smooth.

They are still looking great in terms of the leather etc but they are now like slicks in the wet and have cause me to fall twice on wet pavements.

I could get them resoled at Grenson but it would cost close to what I paid for them in the first place!

What are the alternatives like in this regard?

Blog Entries

It's winter boot time

Just bagged a pair of commando soled Trickers Wetherby boots at Gloucester Quays Outlet for £118.
    Last pair in the shop & handily - in my size (7).

I think the £427 list price may be a tad optimistic - but happy with the deal I got.

Ideal timing as my old comfy walking boots are about to give up.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 26th January 2019 at 20:00. Reason: pic added

These Belstaff Trailmasters came today from Secret Sales. First impressions are really good and the colour will just get better as they age.

How is the sizing with the Belstaff boots, I’ve read you should go one size up? Secret Sales have a 30% discount in their Outlet at the moment with EXTRA30 code.

Whilst on the subject of sizing, can any owners of Wolverine Apprentice boots give their opinion of sizing? I’m a 10 normally and some reviews say they’re spot on and some say go for a 9 or 9.5.
    They are going for £71 on footway.
    https://www.footway.co.uk/apprentice-honey-10.html

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Whilst on the subject of sizing, can any owners of Wolverine Apprentice boots give their opinion of sizing? I’m a 10 normally and some reviews say they’re spot on and some say go for a 9 or 9.5.
    They are going for £71 on footway.
    https://www.footway.co.uk/apprentice-honey-10.html
    I'd buy a couple of sizes that you think you might be then send the ones back that don't fit, I always do this when buying footwear online

Here’s my winter boots. Really comfortable
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/ip19oc1w/
    Andy

Master
    Watch this if you have 50 mins to kill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieKYK6HPJok

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just bagged a pair of commando soled Trickers Wetherby boots at Gloucester Quays Outlet for £118.
    Last pair in the shop & handily - in my size (7).

I think the £427 list price may be a tad optimistic - but happy with the deal I got.

Ideal timing as my old comfy walking boots are about to give up.

z
    FYI The Trickers outlet has closed at Gloucester Quays.

I wonder how many of us pulled the winter boots on this week. I know I did. Bloody summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    I wonder how many of us pulled the winter boots on this week. I know I did. Bloody summer!
    Yup, desert boots off, Red Wings back on!

Master
    Hoggs Rannoch for me

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Hoggs Rannoch for me

I always thought these looked like great dog-walking boots. Any pics? The standard, pristine Google images don't really give me much idea what they look like after a few wears. TIA.

Blog Entries
    Winter boot time ?out with the dogs on the beach this morning shorts, t shirt and mocs

I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I threw my Courteney’s on for the first time in months today.
    Most comfortable boots on the planet.
    Need a coat of dubbing though to be winter ready.

Bought a pair of these last year.
    Hipster bike boots...lol
    Waterproof, beautifully comfortable, and great to wear on the bike.

About £180 from sportsbikeshop.
    Recommended (More so if you ride)

I don’t think you can beat a pair of Timberland 6 Inch Heritage boots. The black ones are new and unworn and the brown are ten years old and still worn regularly....

Really think you're right. I wear Red Wings chukkas almost daily to the office (change into loafers there) and the chukkas are nice and comfy, very good boots. Wore some Timberlands I forgot I had on Friday and my feet were uncomfortably warm the entire day. My fault for wearing thick socks but really shows how good timberlands are.

I have quite a few Red Wings of different varieties (shoes, chukkas, moc toe boots) but think my next purchase of boots will be some heritage 6 inch Timberlands. Not as hipster or "cool" as some red Wings but really think they're better and the heritage line are very good looking.

Clark's Ripway Peak this winter for me.

Extremely comfortable and toasty warm.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by senraw; 12th October 2019 at 13:02.

Master
    I’ve switched almost exclusively to barefoot style shoes over the last 8 months which has made my knee and lower back pain pretty much a thing of the past. Now the dilemma winter is coming I’ve bought some Lems boulder boots and Vivo tracker boots so we’ll see how well they fair this winter I can always fall back to my extensive collection of normal shoes if they’re not up to standard but fingers crossed I’ve been really enjoying barefoot shoes and I’d prefer to stay that way if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I don’t think you can beat a pair of Timberland 6 Inch Heritage boots. The black ones are new and unworn and theythe brown are ten years old and still worn regularly....
    I have same anniversary brown boots which I wear to work but which are fairly scuffed due to the office chair base. I think I may need to polish them.

I also have Red wing chukkas which are 'smarter' for the office but not broken in like my Timberland boots.

They are fantastic boots. I have had Earthkeepers also but whilst they are comfortable and light, they wear out very quickly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Dubarry for dog walking ,three pairs of Redbacks for general use.

Try Panama Jacks if you like Timberlands. I think they're a step up in quality and comfort.

https://www.panamajackshop.com/uk/en/home
    Last edited by subseastu; 13th October 2019 at 00:27.