closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WoS Extended warranty for Rolex

Master

WoS Extended warranty for Rolex

Got the WoS newsletter via email and there’s a section on extended Rolex warranty, not sure if it’s free of charge or at a cost!

For many watch enthusiasts, how long a timepiece is guaranteed for is a valuable feature when considering a new addition. At The Watches of Switzerland Group, we’re pleased to announce that from 3 June we will be offering an extended warranty on all Rolex timepieces purchased in any of our showrooms. Following the expiry of your Rolex’s original warranty, we’ll give you peace of mind for a further five years in accordance with terms and conditions and any exclusions such as wear and tear. We hope the extra cover will inspire your very first – or next – Rolex piece. Visit your nearest showroom to find out more.

Master
    I believe this is free. A proper value add verses grey/pre-owned, not that I've personally ever had any issue with. Rolex, be it 1 year old or 10.

JLC are now doing a manufacturer 8 year warranty.

For me, given lack of issues with watches, a free service at year 5 would be a significant value add.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Master
    Is there a requirement that you have the watch serviced through them at any point in order to be eligible?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Is there a requirement that you have the watch serviced through them at any point in order to be eligible?
    That is what I was thinking - when the 5 year Rolex warranty expires, what do WoS need you to do to qualify for another 5 years warranty that even the manufacturer is not prepared to offer

Do you have to leave the warranty card with them? Is it transferrable if you sell the watch?

Journeyman
    The WoS 5yr extended warranty is based on the same terms of the original Rolex warranty. There is no obligation to service the watch with WoS to be eligible but if you do have watch serviced elsewhere the warranty is void. The warranty is non transferrable and there is a long list of exceptions....damage, wear and tear, modifications etc.

Bumping a old thread but wondered if the extended Rolex warranty also included Goldsmiths as I believe they are part of the WoS group?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Bumping a old thread but wondered if the extended Rolex warranty also included Goldsmiths as I believe they are part of the WoS group?
    It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    It does.
    Is it something automatically offered or is it something you have to request?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Is it something automatically offered or is it something you have to request?
    Was given it on my purchase of a WG GMT c. 12 months ago. No need to ask.

Ignore the awful pic quality and the tea towel (I was removing a link) but here is the card if it's of interest. I've been told by WoS that it isn't transferable and is for the original purchaser only.

Master
    Was given it on my purchase of a WG GMT c. 12 months ago. No need to ask.
    Shameless excuse to post picture of said watch.....👍

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Shameless excuse to post picture of said watch.....
    Tart!

Master
    Tart!
    Got me 😂

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Got me 
    Excusable. Lovely watch. Hope you are looking after it!

Master
    Excusable. Lovely watch. Hope you are looking after it!
    I am! It is a bit of a favourite at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ignore the awful pic quality and the tea towel (I was removing a link) but here is the card if it's of interest. I've been told by WoS that it isn't transferable and is for the original purchaser only.
    So if it has a "defect" then you are covered but I doubt a routine service being needed is covered as this will be a response to "normal wear and tear" ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    So if it has a "defect" then you are covered but I doubt a routine service being needed is covered as this will be a response to "normal wear and tear" ?
    Interesting comment that, and I guess the counter to them could be the recommendation from Rolex on a 10 year service interval.

https://www.rolex.com/watch-care-and-service/faq.html

To guarantee continued accuracy and waterproofness, Rolex recommends that you periodically return your watch to an Official Rolex Retailer or Service Centre for professional servicing. It is recommended to service your Rolex approximately every 10 years depending on the model and real-life usage.

Craftsman
    Do you have to have it serviced by them to keep the warranty?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    If I had a 10 year warranty, I wouldn't be spending my money on a service!

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    As has been posted Rolex service intervals are 10 years so no you would not need to have it serviced.

How often do I need to service a Rolex?

People also ask:
    “Why is servicing important for my Rolex watch?" / "How often should a Rolex watch be serviced?”

To guarantee continued accuracy and waterproofness, Rolex recommends that you periodically return your watch to an Official Rolex Retailer or Service Centre for professional servicing. It is recommended to service your Rolex approximately every 10 years depending on the model and real-life usage.

Find an Official Rolex Service Centre

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Same as always. I've sent a Rolex off for warranty work and it comes back with only the warranty work done, no clean or polish. If you want that you need to pay for the service.