closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help me raise funds for Save the Children - Berlin Marathon

Master

Help me raise funds for Save the Children - Berlin Marathon

(Eddie has approved this in advance)

Hi all,

Seeing this community’s generosity, I wanted to tap into it to raise funds for my challenge here.

I have secured a charity place with Save the Children UK for my first (and probably the only) marathon in September. BMW Berlin Marathon is an event that needs no introduction. Over 62,000 people participated in different categories last year from all over the world.

I was sort of forced to take up running 3 years ago due to my move to a different office that didn’t have an on-site gym, unlike my previous location. However, I have really “gotten into it” only over the last year or so and am not marathon fit yet. I am obsessive about it and don’t skip my runs under any circumstances but I will need to rigorously train for that distance!

I appreciate the event is a long way off but I wanted to start asking for donations early because:
    1. I would like to reach or get very close to the target as soon as possible so that I can focus on my training more.
    2. There is still plenty of time left in the 2019-2020 tax year so UK taxpayers can get tax relief this year rather than next, if they choose to gift aid any donations.

I have set up a JustGiving page here. There is more info on it if anyone is interested. Please note that all funds raised will go directly to the charity and not used for any of my expenses. Donations of any size are welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Master
    Up and running (sorry, couldn't resist) - good luck sir!

Master
    Many thanks Nick! I had been wondering :)

Master
    Weekend bump.

Master
    Another bump for this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Many thanks Nick! I had been wondering :)
    Sorry, I hadn't meant to be quite so stealthy (unless a stealthy bump counts)…!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Sorry, I hadn't meant to be quite so stealthy (unless a stealthy bump counts)…!
    Every penny and every bump counts - thanks!