closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panic buying pre-Brexit?

Panic buying pre-Brexit?

Anyone from within the UK trying to get deals done for watches in the EU pre Brexit?
    If so, I'd appreciate you sharing your logic! There are one or two watches I like the look of that aren't readily available in UK......

Craftsman

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Anyone from within the UK trying to get deals done for watches in the EU pre Brexit?
    If so, I'd appreciate you sharing your logic! There are one or two watches I like the look of that aren't readily available in UK......
    I think when it comes to panic buying, watches would not be too high on anyones list of necessity but certainly the watch market could look somewhat different in the UK when or if we break with the EU.

Craftsman
    Yep I’ve got a watch coming around 2 months time. I hope it is here before brexit is finalised and another currency correction related price rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think when it comes to panic buying, watches would not be too high on anyones list of necessity but certainly the watch market could look somewhat different in the UK when or if we break with the EU.
    Quite so. After all no one really needs a watch.......but if you were planning to make an unnecessary purchase, has the looming issue of Brexit made you anxious to get the deal done before 31st March? Apologies if my question was too woolly.

I'm stockpiling stainless steel Rolex Professional models in case there's a sudden unexpected shortage after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I'm stockpiling stainless steel Rolex Professional models in case there's a sudden unexpected shortage after Brexit.
    Good plan, I hear Rolex are exiting the UK post Brexit anyway!

I’m stocking up on Camembert cheese. Watches not so much.

I will admit to compiling a Cousins order with delivery to Berlin this week just in case.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Quite so. After all no one really needs a watch.......but if you were planning to make an unnecessary purchase, has the looming issue of Brexit made you anxious to get the deal done before 31st March? Apologies if my question was too woolly.
    I think you would be too late, Brexit is the 29th March !

Blog Entries
    I’ve done the opposite and sold most off my high end collection incase the market crashes

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, I guess the worry would be the pound will tank so anything bought in Euros would cost more in relative terms.
    To be honest though, we'll be so busy building all those hospitals with the extra £350M per week that I don't there'll be any time for watches.

Blog Entries
    I am stockpiling lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and Brei cheese - never know what will happen to those perishable goods once the boarders shutdown (or not). I've already sold out on my stocks and shares ISAs - to buy back after the inevitable market wobbles when the world ends. Watch buying habits - the EU is of no consequence - since when was buying watches a rational decision??

As the EU referendum was merely a catalyst in allowing collapse in sterling from what virtually every analyst had been saying was badly overvalued for 2-3 years before the referendum, I doubt that, apart from an initial hit, there will be much medium or long-term change in currency values until the Euro and EU crash from their internal contradictions and the rise of anti-EU sentiment.

I’m stockpiling in pigs, just need some fencing as the buggers are causing absolute mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    I’m stockpiling in pigs, just need some fencing as the buggers are causing absolute mayhem!
    Luckily for you, I’ve been stockpiling fence posts and barbed wire for just such an eventuality!

Journeyman

Nothingburger

Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    I doubt that, apart from an initial hit, there will be much medium or long-term change in currency values until the Euro and EU crash from their internal contradictions and the rise of anti-EU sentiment.
    Quite. Brexit is nothing more than a blip.

Whole UK market is what, 5% of world ?

Keep calm and carry on.

Dont know about buying but the sale of tin foil hats seems to be doing a roaring trade these days.

With another commons defeat tonight for Ms May, I imagine this and other nice areas will be discussed ad nauseam on the Brexit thread just now. I say “I imagine”, cos wild horses couldn’t drag me to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    As the EU referendum was merely a catalyst in allowing collapse in sterling from what virtually every analyst had been saying was badly overvalued for 2-3 years before the referendum, I doubt that, apart from an initial hit, there will be much medium or long-term change in currency values until the Euro and EU crash from their internal contradictions and the rise of anti-EU sentiment.
    I bought my IWC the day before the referendum fully aware how the pound could suffer. The RRP of the same watch would cost me £800 more today.

I too believe most of the currency value correction has already occurred.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    With another commons defeat tonight for Ms May, I imagine this and other nice areas will be discussed ad nauseam on the Brexit thread just now. I say “I imagine”, cos wild horses couldn’t drag me to read it.
    No, they are just arguing like toddlers as normal and hardly mention brexit anymore 😂

Journeyman
    I'm stockpiling s**t so I can grow my own lettuces, cucumbers, tomatoes etc. The problem is that I am running out of storage space and my unreasonable neighbour won't let me pile it on his drive. I've complained about this to that nice Mrs May but she says she has more problems with EU s**t than me and can't help. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Luckily for you, I’ve been stockpiling fence posts and barbed wire for just such an eventuality!
    Sounds like a perfect trade

Well I do like a bacon butty!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I bought my IWC the day before the referendum fully aware how the pound could suffer. The RRP of the same watch would cost me £800 more today.

I too believe most of the currency value correction has already occurred.
    I was tracking a brand new 116234 on Chronext around this time. After the referendum it was over £1k more expensive. Such grey dealers no longer offer cheap options to the UK. Lets hope the currancy will not suffer further.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I was tracking a brand new 116234 on Chronext around this time. After the referendum it was over £1k more expensive. Such grey dealers no longer offer cheap options to the UK. Lets hope the currancy will not suffer further.
    There is always a flip side,
    As one of those rare individuals who actually make things for a living!! 90% we export, lets hope that currency continues where it is, Despite what the BBC tells us Engineering is very busy at the minute.

Scottie

My firm has completed about £60m of panic buying.

People are stockpiling painkillers and toilet rolls according to Morrisons in the news this morning.

Luckily, real men don’t use toilet paper.......

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Routers View Post
    Don't you believe it - I tried the plastic version but it was way too slippery so I'm back in to using paper

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    There is always a flip side,
    As one of those rare individuals who actually make things for a living!! 90% we export, lets hope that currency continues where it is, Despite what the BBC tells us Engineering is very busy at the minute.

Scottie
    good to hear your perspective, best of luck for continued success.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Don't you believe it - I tried the plastic version but it was way too slippery so I'm back in to using paper

You should try the old Boy Scout method and save a lot of money into the bargain: -

1. Take a bus ticket
    2. Fold in half left to right
    3. Fold in half top to bottom
    4. You will now have one completely solid corner and three open/partially open corners
    5. Rip the solid corner off about a quarter of an inch in
    6. Place the bit you've just ripped off between your teeth, (N.B. this is very very important)
    7. Open the bus ticket and you will find a hole right in the middle
    8. Push your left 2nd finger through the hole
    9. Wipe bum on ticket by inserting left 2nd finger into rectum and twisting until bum is clean
    10. Remove finger from bum ensuring bus ticket remains on the finger
    11. Carefully remove bus ticket from finger, this will have the effect of cleaning the finger as you slide it up
    12. Fold bus ticket in half and drop into the loo, or put in pocket for later disposal if in the wild
    13. Now take the folded corner piece from your teeth and use it to clean the poo from beneath your left 2nd fingernail.

Job done.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Not when there’s a rabbit nearby

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    You should try the old Boy Scout method and save a lot of money into the bargain: -

1. Take a bus ticket
    2. Fold in half left to right
    3. Fold in half top to bottom
    4. You will now have one completely solid corner and three open/partially open corners
    5. Rip the solid corner off about a quarter of an inch in
    6. Place the bit you've just ripped off between your teeth, (N.B. this is very very important)
    7. Open the bus ticket and you will find a hole right in the middle
    8. Push your left 2nd finger through the hole
    9. Wipe bum on ticket by inserting left 2nd finger into rectum and twisting until bum is clean
    10. Remove finger from bum ensuring bus ticket remains on the finger
    11. Carefully remove bus ticket from finger, this will have the effect of cleaning the finger as you slide it up
    12. Fold bus ticket in half and drop into the loo, or put in pocket for later disposal if in the wild
    13. Now take the folded corner piece from your teeth and use it to clean the poo from beneath your left 2nd fingernail.

Job done.
    Presume this is only recommended on one’s own rectum?
    And does an Oyster card do the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    People are stockpiling painkillers and toilet rolls according to Morrisons in the news this morning.
    Sounds like my standard pre-weekend prep to be honest.