closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Cafe racer?
    Possibly the most beautiful but hardest to live with day to day. As a fun toy absolutely brilliant.
    ...and conspicuously the greatest reduction in store yesterday.

It's gorgeous, but i reckon my neck would last 5 miles tops.

I suspect I'm not alone. Looking on Autotrader, there are more R9t Racers for sale than any other R9t variant. Of the 45 for sale, all are over the price that Oxford BMW were punting them out at yesterday.

If I'd have spent £11k on one, I'd be more than a little frustrated to see them being sold new for £7,500.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

I suspect I'm not alone. Looking on Autotrader, there are more R9t Racers for sale than any other R9t variant. Of the 45 for sale, all are over the price that Oxford BMW were punting them out at yesterday.

If I'd have spent £11k on one, I'd be more than a little frustrated to see them being sold new for £7,500.
    Yeah racer, it's so beautiful and it's my toy. Luckily it doesn't kill my back and I just had to have it! Plus that boxer is just so charming

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

some cafe racers and bobbers looks good (esp ones that are manufacter built) , user built ones often look like a horror story gone wrong and both have the practicality of a pair of glass slippers on an ice skating ring.
    good to see that some have colour coded seats and tyre sets , having a brown seat is going to be essential when you try to go round a corner on one with knobbley tyres :)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    some cafe racers and bobbers looks good (esp ones that are manufacter built) , user built ones often look like a horror story gone wrong and both have the practicality of a pair of glass slippers on an ice skating ring.
    good to see that some have colour coded seats and tyre sets , having a brown seat is going to be essential when you try to go round a corner on one with knobbley tyres :)
    This is meant to be a joy to ride - straight out of the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This is meant to be a joy to ride - straight out of the factory.

yup ive tried the triumph bobber , as i said some manufactered ones are decent enough - its a very smooth ride and would make a good second bike ( for me) - it all comes down to what you want the bike for- as an only bike i think i'd find it boring after a while as its quite a sedate ride , cant remember if you can get a dual seat conversion for it -something you might want to look into if you are thinking of getting one and the mrs wants to get out with you ( might also be in your favour if you dont want her on the back :) )

for me it comes down to having good handling and super car performance for very little money rather than something im going to fall asleep on ,having a naked sports (speed triple) does that for me without compromising on comfort too much such as with pure sports ive owned in the past.
    of course everyone has bikes for different reasons and it depends what you like and what you are going to be using it for - i seem to see a lot more 'older' (50-65) yr olds with sports or sports tourers these days at my local bike cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    I'd say the opposite, to me manufacture built cafe racers and bobbers are a pastiche of the original ethos. Cafe racers were a quintessentially British quirk back in the day, built by owners to their own specification (think of the old Tribsas, Tritons, Norvins etc). Bobbers were more of an American trend of stripping heavy old iron down to the base components. These days both can be an art form and I've seen and ridden some user engineered, beautifully crafted, comfortable and thrilling to ride examples from both camps. That doesn't mean all are of course, to build a good example you really need to know what your doing as function rarely follows form when your customising motorcycles. This unfortunately means there are some absolute shockers out there!

Manufacturers have in recent years tried to latch onto the style of both in an attempt to widen their brands appeal, whilst they may be corporate examples of well engineered and safe I'm afraid they usually leave me cold.
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 16th September 2018 at 12:52. Reason: typo!

Well, even though I'm on my YBR at the moment, I just had a couple of hours out in this glorious weather. God, it was lovely.

Met Gyp at NOG yesterday Tony, there were some fantastic deals to be had on the r9t's!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Met Gyp at NOG yesterday Tony, there were some fantastic deals to be had on the r9t's!
    Saw that, Duncan. Whilst I'd be deliriously happy to own one, I do need to test ride it first, so it's a a bit too early for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

Dont know if you remember what KTM did to the 1290 s in Dec of 2017. Put one mile on the bikes pre reg them and knocked £5.5 of the £16k list. This was was current model tft dash luggage etc.

There was one guy on Ukgser negotiating with Austria on how they were going to assist in the mitigation of his depreciation!. My pal bought one kept his ktm 1190 and never looked back

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Dont know if you remember what KTM did to the 1290 s in Dec of 2017. Put one mile on the bikes pre reg them and knocked £5.5 of the £16k list. This was was current model tft dash luggage etc.

There was one guy on Ukgser negotiating with Austria on how they were going to assist in the mitigation of his depreciation!. My pal bought one kept his ktm 1190 and never looked back
    I remember it well.