closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A watch for the better half

A watch for the better half

Hello all,
    Been thinking for a while what watch to get for my beloved wife for her B'day on April.
    Looking at this for a while: https://www.chrono24.ro/rolex/ladies...3214&showAll=1
    What do you think?
    Do you spot anything wrong with it.
    Please feel free to make any suggestions(make,model) as long as is a bit colored and just a little bit blinky

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

No one?
    Looks ok to you?
    Maybe you know better value watches
    Please advice

Blog Entries
    I would walk away - alarm bells for me!!

This is an authentic Rolex watch with a Rolex dial with added genuine diamond markers, a aftermarket 18K white gold diamond bezel, and a aftermarket stainless steel jubilee band
    If you want to buy something for your wife - get something real.

You can get some ideas of the current Rolex models from https://www.rolex.com

For example - date-just 28mm. - https://www.rolex.com/watches/dateju...9174-0003.html

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 22nd February 2020 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    A watch for the better half
    My first thought was "seems like a fair swap"...

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Hello all,
    Been thinking for a while what watch to get for my beloved wife for her B'day on April.
    Looking at this for a while: https://www.chrono24.ro/rolex/ladies...3214&showAll=1
    What do you think?
    Do you spot anything wrong with it.
    Please feel free to make any suggestions(make,model) as long as is a bit colored and just a little bit blinky

I've noticed these too, seem to be a couple of outfits in the US customising tired, old and undesirable Rolices, but being a mite unforthcoming about it in their descriptions. And I'm kind of assuming they are originally genuine watches - more experienced Roliphiles can better advise than me.

If it's a lifetime keeper, then the fact they're worth less than you're paying won't matter. Otherwise....

Master
    Before jumping into such a purchase I would actually consult her. Mate of mine had bought a Rolex DJ (similar to the ones on this thread) for his mrs 30th, turns out she found it too bling and didn’t want to wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Before jumping into such a purchase I would actually consult her. Mate of mine had bought a Rolex DJ (similar to the ones on this thread) for his mrs 30th, turns out she found it too bling and didn’t want to wear it!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Did that already
    That's why I said that has to be a bit blinky,pink-ish......

If that's what she's into there will be lots of DJ28 to try on at any AD. Get her to try on 28 Vs 31 and see what she thinks. If both are too big you can get 26mm much cheaper second hand.

Journeyman
    If it doesn't have to be Rolex, plenty of bling and pink at Frank
    https://www.franckmuller.com/vanguard-lady

I bought my wife a ceramic Chanel J12 watch - this one, I think. And my wife loves it, rarely takes it off. Quartz, of course!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I bought my wife a ceramic Chanel J12 watch - this one, I think. And my wife loves it, rarely takes it off. Quartz, of course!

Married to Fiona Bruce then ?

I bought my better half the Rolex Datejust 31mm with white gold bezel, jubilee bracelet and baby pink dial.....she loves it and might be worth your checking out something similar. The white gold bezel really adds some sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If that's what she's into there will be lots of DJ28 to try on at any AD. Get her to try on 28 Vs 31 and see what she thinks. If both are too big you can get 26mm much cheaper second hand.
    This is good advice. I would have gone for the 31mm for my girlfriend but when she tried them on, she actually prefered the 28. Also a good idea to let her see some different dial and bezel options as there are many different combos available.

Same advice as ever, let her pick the birthday present.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

As above, ask her. My wife has no interest in the watches I would pick for her... although I have to say her taste in cheap seventies random watches is pretty good!

Too add, some years ago I bought "her indoors" a Rolex, she wore it about a dozen times yet she wears a £40 casio that she picked pretty much all the time,
    Last edited by number2; 23rd February 2020 at 21:13.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Same advice as ever, let her pick the birthday present.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My wife went in to a shop wanting a white ceramic Rado type watch, came out with a grape dial OP. What chance do we have of really getting it right?

... or get her a beautiful classic 30mm Cartier Tank Louis, and "borrow" it when you feel like being just a bit classy.

free image hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    As above, ask her.
    Another vote for this approach. It can be a lot of fun, watch shopping with someone and working out what they really like.Mrs Cain has a full size Breitling Montbrillant, a diamond bezel women's Omega Constellation and a Tank Americaine auto. None of which I would ever have selected for her if I'd been making the decisions myself...

Craftsman
    How about a vintage mens omega???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk