timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 149 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,450 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    That’s only the case because some clever sod answers ‘MX5’ to any possible car question. Need a family 7-seater? MX5?

Lovely looking car and perfect weather for it. Enjoy it.

Cheers Rob :)

Blog Entries
    Here’s mine:

Craftsman
    Got a bit bored of the fully electric car, so got a PHEV to replace it

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Here’s mine:

That's epic. Love it.

Just had an enjoyable drive back from Leeds after collecting this today

Blog Entries
    Ordered this the first day that it was possible to do so, specced it the first day I could too. Finally picked up today and it is fair to say I am very happy indeed. RS3 Vorsprung in Kayalami Green looks, sounds, and drives fantastically well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Ordered this the first day that it was possible to do so, specced it the first day I could too. Finally picked up today and it is fair to say I am very happy indeed. RS3 Vorsprung in Kayalami Green looks, sounds, and drives fantastically well.

Am guessing you are not the shy wallflower type lol!!

That looks awesome and such a fun colour to get too. Bet the insects will be all over that when you are parked up!

Congrats Crouchy, you don't need me to tell you how hard the RS3 is to get hold of. I thought I read that Audi had closed the books on these for 2022, the delays on orders just seem to go from bad to worse. I bet it's fun to drive!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Congrats Crouchy, you don't need me to tell you how hard the RS3 is to get hold of. I thought I read that Audi had closed the books on these for 2022, the delays on orders just seem to go from bad to worse. I bet it's fun to drive!
    It’s getting like Rolex, first time I have ever bought a new car and it went up in value by 30%. My dealers said you would be lucky to get one in 2023 if you ordered now - if at all.
    I intend to keep this one as I think it will be a future classic, the 5 cylinder engine is just awesome.

That is unbelievably lairy. What a car. You must be made up.

It’s getting like Rolex, first time I have ever bought a new car and it went up in value by 30%. My dealers said you would be lucky to get one in 2023 if you ordered now - if at all.
    I intend to keep this one as I think it will be a future classic, the 5 cylinder engine is just awesome.
    It is somewhat, certainly, Porsche is playing the scarcity game to drive brand loyalty & prestige. Audi / BMW etc are on restricted supply until at least 2024 now with the war in Ukraine. Supply chains are a mess - Covid, Ukraine, and now China stumbling.

Anyway, you got one so have fun :) Depreciation-free fun for quite a while I expect.

Craftsman
    I am fortunate to own a few cars. The daily drivers are a little mundane being a Lexus SUV and an Audi Cabriolet. For the weekends I own a couple of toys, one being a Porsche 911 (996 model) Turbo and a Lotus Turbo Esprit.

Photos below.

IMG_6611.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Matchbox cars don’t count.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Matchbox cars don’t count.
    Very good

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Just had an enjoyable drive back from Leeds after collecting this today

These are beasts, love to see it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Must admit PDE has an enviable collection of cars - certainly some beasts and exotics posted in this thread, with a bias towards products from Stuttgart, no not the Zuffenhausen marque, the other one.

Mercedes 2019 E-wagon, 1994 Porsche 993 Carrera 2 6-speed for the summer (my dream car that I was finally able to acquire this year). Then I have a Volvo V70 wagon.

Master

Got mine about 4 weeks ago
    Great machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Great machine
    Is yours a Carbon Black or Launch edition?
    I went for a Vorsprung because I wanted all of the goodies ;-), but yes absolutely amazing cars. I Had a ghost immobiliser fitted today - in addition to the factory alarm/ immobiliser.
    I hope you enjoy your car as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Great machine
    Please please tell me that drivers door is not closed all the way.

Just bought this C43 AMG. Love it. Have the performance exhaust and IMO sounds amazing and very rapid too. Looks quite mundane, which I prefer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Please please tell me that drivers door is not closed all the way.
    Ha
    Yeh door wasn’t shut tight
    It’s the Carbon edition in reply to Crouchy.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    How you finding it? Wife got a convertible cooper classic in moonwalk grey in Dec and it's got me wanting one, pretty much decided on a clubman Cooper s, same colours as yours, moonwalk grey, black roof, mirrors, wheels, bonnet stripes
    Adore it, it’s my third one!!!!

I traded places with my friend today and drove his GT3 and he drove my 930. I've driven two 991 GT3s before, but both in the US, so it was really interesting to do it on familiar roads in the Yorkshire Dales. I just kept thinking that it felt like a weapon, just constantly in attack mode. I loved it, but can't say I'd trade either of mine for it. I am almost ashamed to say it, but it might be too hard core for me to enjoy on the road. Can't imagine what the RS must be like.

My wife just bought that A45, which is a fantastic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    I traded places with my friend today and drove his GT3 and he drove my 930. I've driven two 991 GT3s before, but both in the US, so it was really interesting to do it on familiar roads in the Yorkshire Dales. I just kept thinking that it felt like a weapon, just constantly in attack mode. I loved it, but can't say I'd trade either of mine for it. I am almost ashamed to say it, but it might be too hard core for me to enjoy on the road. Can't imagine what the RS must be like.

My wife just bought that A45, which is a fantastic thing.

Fantastic garage!

I am weighing up a 996 Turbo purchase at the moment. I would need to sell both my motorbikes to free up the garage space, but suspect opening the door to see the turbo badge would probably make up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Fantastic garage!

I am weighing up a 996 Turbo purchase at the moment. I would need to sell both my motorbikes to free up the garage space, but suspect opening the door to see the turbo badge would probably make up for it!
    As a child of the 70's and 80's, that turbo badge has a real emotional resonance with me. I've always loved the 996 Turbo as well as I remember the amazement at the reviews when it was new. It reigned supreme for years.

Master
    Looked for ages for one of these which hadn't been thrashed abused or not looked after properly.

One owner low mileage and full VW history and most importantly for me it had to have the DCC which really does make the ride smooth.

Used car prices still silly but you can't take it with you.

One of these again......

After a series of more contemporary Toyota's, Honda's and VW's it feels like I am more in my comfort zone with an old RWD Volvo. I love how they look, feel and drive especially with an auto box.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    One of these again......

After a series of more contemporary Toyota's, Honda's and VW's it feels like I am more in my comfort zone with an old RWD Volvo. I love how they look, feel and drive especially with an auto box.

You certainly seem to have found a nice example. Enjoy!

Picked this up a few months ago. I’ve always been a bit of an Audi fan boy and have worked my way up to this.

It’s an Audi S8 with the same 4.0 twin turbo engine as the RS6. It’s Stage 2 modified with the work having been done by Kim Collins at QSTuning. It’s got APR downpipes with sport cats, a Milltek exhaust and Stage 2 APR ECU and TCU tune. Power is circa 700bhp.

I love that Andy, the ultimate wafting mobile. The S8 is already a very competent car so yours must be epic to drive and looks subtly menacing for those who know, and invisible for those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    One of these again......

Wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have gone electric and absolutely love it, I cannot get my head around the real world performance and pennies it costs to run. As an introduction to electric the i3S has completely converted my opinion and can see an EV6 being my next car just for the longer range.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I love that Andy, the ultimate wafting mobile. The S8 is already a very competent car so yours must be epic to drive and looks subtly menacing for those who know, and invisible for those who don't.

Thanks! The acceleration is absolutely brutal. Cosmetically, I’ve kept it totally standard. I’ve even removed the Milltek tips and fitted OEM look ones.
    Last edited by kungfupanda; 1st May 2022 at 18:41.

I’ve now done 2 or 3 thousand miles in the GT2RS and I have to say it’s exceeded my expectations.
    It’s sharp and precise and enjoyable to drive at any speed but when you floor it the speed is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post

Picked this up a few months ago. I’ve always been a bit of an Audi fan boy and have worked my way up to this.

It’s an Audi S8 with the same 4.0 twin turbo engine as the RS6. It’s Stage 2 modified with the work having been done by Kim Collins at QSTuning. It’s got APR downpipes with sport cats, a Milltek exhaust and Stage 2 APR ECU and TCU tune. Power is circa 700bhp.
    Awesome car. Looks great as is but I also be tempted to debadge for that sleeper effect.
    Last edited by gunner; 4th May 2022 at 07:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrichardsonno9 View Post
    6.2ltr N/A mid engined, 0-60 in 2.9 secs, pop out targa top, literally EVERY conceivable electric gadget and toy you could think of, alcantara, CF and leather interior, magnetic ride suspension, 5 high def cameras and CF bucket seats, the list goes on & on & on!
    I paid £81700, I believe there is a 2&1/2 - 3 year wait list now.
    It really is an incredible car
    That's a ridiculous amount of car for the money. I had no idea they were making a RHD version. No wonder it's got a 3 year wait list at that price.

Master
    Today for one day only this

To collect this

Craftsman
    Vw ID3 as daily driver (and very good it is too). VW Golf Mark 1 GTI convertible for sunny days and the thrill of driving a not very powerful, very light, manual gearbox car at the speed limit on a country road . Mercedes-Benz 230GE (W460) for knocking about in, holidays and the occasional trip down a green lane (slowly).

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Today for one day only this

To collect this

Love that pump!

Needed a basic works van; somehow ended up with this

Master
    Got this one out of the winter hibernation. It's still great fun driving it!-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Needed a basic works van; somehow ended up with this

Its a rabbit hole how long did you wait?

Master
    Because i have a peanut van i had to rent

Yesterday for one day only

To collect this from Mathewsons of Bangers and cash fame

Modest amount of work and it will be joining these on the patio

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I have gone electric and absolutely love it, I cannot get my head around the real world performance and pennies it costs to run. As an introduction to electric the i3S has completely converted my opinion and can see an EV6 being my next car just for the longer range.

Really interested in your experiences as the i3s is the only elec car that appeals and i'm really close to replacing our wee car (currently a fiesta st) with one. Specifically how's the ride? As our fiesta rides like a tray going down some stairs im hoping it won't be as bad but keen for your view.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Its a rabbit hole how long did you wait?
    No wait, third dealer called had one in stock and reasonably discounted too!

This is going shortly….

Replaced by….

amazing had a 68 plate f82 the best car i’ve owned . it put a grin on my face every r

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    This is going shortly….

Replaced by….

About to get a turbo

Master
    Not really a what i drive but what i drive is in here

Last year two of us set off from lands end at sunset on the longest day heading for Ness Point before sunset, ala Clarkson and dubbed "Race the Sun" we missed the mark due to an M25 closure not to be thwarted we are off again,in numbers this time.

These three cars and two others,all V8's

Setting off from John O Groats at day break on the longest day,june 21st,a little after 4am we will head 839 miles south to Lands End hoping to arrive before sunset @ 9.36 pm.Its an 1800 mile round trip for all of us and was planned before the fuel madness but no garage queens in our Gang. Taking a few days on the way up to do some tourist stuff personally but the rest are coming up the day before.