closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Master
    Blog Entries

Tudor Pelagos

I suddenly have a hankering for one these, are they really hard to get all of a sudden? Chap at the airport was making out it was a big deal that they had one in stock.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I suddenly have a hankering for one these, are they really hard to get all of a sudden? Chap at the airport was making out it was a big deal that they had one in stock.
    I was also browsing these recently. Goldsmiths have the black for next day delivery and the blue for delivery within 7 days.

No way, you could go to your local shopping center to Beaverbrooks or Ernest Jones and walk out with one of these no problem. The Pelagos has never been a difficult watch to get. When the BB58 first came out it was tricky but even that is in every AD window nowadays.

Craftsman
    There was a LHD version which was rarer and then this fixed bar thing but apart from that these have not been hard to source.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thought as much, I prefer the eta version anyway.

I have had quite a few tudors and I have bypassed the Pelagos for some reason. It has a nice weight to it being chunky and titanium.

Tudor Pelagos

I think it is far and away the best offering in the Tudor line. I remember trying one back to back a few years ago with the then current Rolex Sea-dweller (the 40 mm version with ceramic bezel) and the Pelagos was my firm favourite. Great watch

Master
    Unless things have changed since last December, no they're not. 10% discount was easily obtained over the phone, got a bit more in store. Although I had to wait a few days before it arrived in the shop, there was no suggestion from any of them that they were hard to get. Mine is the black dial, I didn't enquire about the blue and wasn't interested in the FXD.
    It's been on my wrist since, does what it says on the tin at -0.5spd and despite some reported concerns, the bracelet is very comfortable.

Craftsman
    I've always been interested to give one a try. I like a titanium watch and have always been intrigued by the bracelet and clasp. I think it'd make a cracking weekend/holiday watch.

Master
    Absolutely love my pelagos LHD. Definitely an underrated watch imho. I think the FXD is still hard to get hold of, but the standard blue, black or LHD should be fairly easy.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Should be easy to get hold of. I was in an AD the other day asking about some other Tudors, and the assistant was trying to convince me that everything was hard to get-including a 2 year wait for the chrono! In reality, they had quite a few watches in stock and I'm sure it is easily available.
    I have the blue pelagos and really enjoy it-as someone else has already said, it is a great holiday/weekend watch.

Craftsman
    Love mine, not much else has had a look in since I got mine 18 months ago.

I purchased one yesterday from Gatwick, I’ve been waiting for some time to try one as based in CI and any WoS/Goldsmiths in UK I tried never had stock. I should receive it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I'm going to try one on next time I'm near my AD. Such a great looking watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I purchased one yesterday from Gatwick, I’ve been waiting for some time to try one as based in CI and any WoS/Goldsmiths in UK I tried never had stock. I should receive it tomorrow.

That’s the one I tried on. Enjoy your new watch.

Quote Originally Posted by camb66 View Post
    Love mine, not much else has had a look in since I got mine 18 months ago.

Great pic of a handsome watch. Enjoy.

That’s the one I tried on. Enjoy your new watch.
    Just waiting on DHL, I was concerned about the height of it on the wrist but it felt pretty good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Just waiting on DHL, I was concerned about the height of it on the wrist but it felt pretty good.

Size was my fear too, maybe it’s the helium valve but it seemed to wear better than a black bay with polished slab sides.

I know I’m in the minority here, but despite the great look of the Pelagos I simply could not get on with the bracelet. I found it very, very uncomfortable … ‘sharp’ as they say.
    Last edited by Merod; 25th February 2022 at 16:26. Reason: typo

Craftsman
    I’ve seen plenty of these in shop windows during my travels over the past few weeks, so they seem to be easier to get than the “other” brand! I’m actually consider getting one as well.

Question for the current owners; what’s your opinion of the bracelet? A poor bracelet just ruins a watch for me. I’m also considering the Omega Seamaster 300. It’s a really clean looking watch and I love the display case back.

Quote Originally Posted by Willows View Post
    I’ve seen plenty of these in shop windows during my travels over the past few weeks, so they seem to be easier to get than the “other” brand! I’m actually consider getting one as well.

Question for the current owners; what’s your opinion of the bracelet? A poor bracelet just ruins a watch for me. I’m also considering the Omega Seamaster 300. It’s a really clean looking watch and I love the display case back.
    Strange you mention the 300 because that’s the watch I chopped my Pelagos in for. From my perspective the bracelet is MUCH better, super comfortable in fact. I also like the dress / not-dress style of the watch - a really ‘do all’ piece. The only thing is I’m not sure the bezel lines up at the 12 … but I’ve still not worked out if that is really he case or if it’s me - both my boys think it’s fine.

Master

I’m not a fan of the bracelet or the clasp…find the edges too sharp. I wear mine solely on the rubber strap that comes with the watch. Very comfy indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    Strange you mention the 300 because that’s the watch I chopped my Pelagos in for. From my perspective the bracelet is MUCH better, super comfortable in fact. I also like the dress / not-dress style of the watch - a really ‘do all’ piece. The only thing is I’m not sure the bezel lines up at the 12 … but I’ve still not worked out if that is really he case or if it’s me - both my boys think it’s fine.
    That's interesting! Which colour did you go for on the 300? I'm planning to look at both watches in person, so I'll have a good look at the bracelets on each!

I went the other way to Merod. I sold the 300 to get a Pelagos. I personally find the titanium bracelet of the Pelagos more comfortable but I do agree with the comments on the sharp clasp

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Funnily enough I rarely wear my ETA Pelagos. It's the most toolish watch I own. Rarely speaks to me.
    Oddly I also sold a Sinn U1 quickly after I bought it for similar reasons.
    Perhaps tool watches aren't for me?
    I love pics of them but for some reason it doesn't sing to me even though I know how good a watch it is. My ETA Black Bay Black gets worn 4 or 5 times more often.
    The Pelagos is the one from my collection I'm closest to selling but can't quite bring myself to do it and I'm not really sure why.
    It deserves to be worn.
    Last edited by tobywatches; 25th February 2022 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Funnily enough I rarely wear my ETA Pelagos. It's the most toolish watch I own. Rarely speaks to me.
    Oddly I also sold a Sinn U1 quickly after I bought it for similar reasons.
    Perhaps tool watches aren't for me?
    I love pics of them but for some reason it doesn't sing to me even though I know how good a watch it is. My ETA Black Bay Black gets worn 4 or 5 times more often.
    The Pelagos is the one from my collection I'm closest to selling but can't quite bring myself to do it and I'm not really sure why.
    It deserves to be worn.
    In fact I thought I'd get it out.
    Have had it on a GGB strap for a long time which looks good but doesn't wear well at all. Far too long for my wrists.

Have stuck it on something a bit mad instead. Is this too bonkers?

Craftsman
    Thought as much, I prefer the eta version anyway.

I have had quite a few tudors and I have bypassed the Pelagos for some reason. It has a nice weight to it being chunky and titanium.
    The two-line ETA version is a fab looking watch, and was the most uncomfortable watch I have ever owned.

Loved it, hated it.

Craftsman

The bracelet is sensational. I am a little surprised that somebody here does not like it. To each their own but if you read enough about the Pelagos, you will find that almost everyone who has one or reviews them loves the bracelet as one of the watches strongest features.

Master
    I have had a couple of Pelagos watches in the past, both a blue and a lhd. I found the lines of text more annoying than anything else. Maybe time to try an eta version.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    The pelagos Lhd is definitely difficult to find. The moment it lands on the window and... it goes. I have been asking around for quite a bit of time in UK and never had luck. Only recently I got one unworned for a decent price. Got a feeling that this will continue...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    In fact I thought I'd get it out.
    Have had it on a GGB strap for a long time which looks good but doesn't wear well at all. Far too long for my wrists.

Have stuck it on something a bit mad instead. Is this too bonkers?

If you're ever tempted to part with the GGB strap I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NikP View Post
    The pelagos Lhd is definitely difficult to find. The moment it lands on the window and... it goes. I have been asking around for quite a bit of time in UK and never had luck. Only recently I got one unworned for a decent price. Got a feeling that this will continue...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    It’s probably going to get worse with the new LHD gmt essentially kick starting the genre again

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    It’s probably going to get worse with the new LHD gmt essentially kick starting the genre again

Is that a rumoured release?

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Is that a rumoured release?
    I meant the new Rolex LHD Gmt!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    I meant the new Rolex LHD Gmt!

Ok got you - I have the Pelagos LHD myself