closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just tried the new Rolex releases on - very noice..

Just tried the new Rolex releases on - very noice..

So just had the opportunity to try on the new 41mm Sub and the OP's

and have to say very impressed the 41 Sub wears nicely and I have become smitten with the 126613 Bi-metal blue which interestingly now has 'white' as opposed to 'gold' lettering which i think works..

non date Sub is sublime..

OP's not normally my thing I think I am warming to the funky dial colours are great particularly the Mustard or 'Bartmaster' as Its been nicknamed.

Any LV shots? I'm on the list for the LV and will try swap my no date out at some point, think that's the pick of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Any LV shots? I'm on the list for the LV and will try swap my no date out at some point, think that's the pick of the bunch.
    sadly no LV available to try but if its as nice as the ND it will be a winner..

put my name down for ND as I do not have one in line up..

very tempted by the 126613 wears beautifully a bit like a 16613 thats been inflated a wee bit quite different to its Maxi predecessor which we put side by side....even the 126618 has white lettering freshens up the dial and feel IMHO..

all in all some great releases...

Barfmaster maybe 😅

The OPs are in the window of every AD in Athens currently. No Submariners though.
    I thought the OP dials looked a little flat. Especially the red and yellow. I think these are being aimed at the female market.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    put my name down for ND as I do not have one in line up..
    I'm not one for two tone (or gold really) but am warming to the rose gold YM on Oysterflex or a WG Daytona on Oysterflex but both are a long way off.

I'm also down for a no date Sub but told the AD I'm in no rush, it's just to replace my current one and would rather have the LV sooner and no date at some point after.

The changes don't look to be night and day but do make some great watches ever so slightly better.

Master
    I can tell you liked the new Sub as you tried it twice ;-). Are these demo watches doing the AD rounds or physical watches for sale?

I am trying to work out whether or not to move on my 5513 for the latest Sub, couldn't do it for the 114060 but this might be different. The green bezel Sub also really appeals. I have owned the Hulk, back in the day when they were bought and sold for a price beginning with a "5" but found the combination of green dial and bezel a bit much. Unfortunately I can't justify retaining the classic Sub and stumping up for a new one.

I saw the green dial OP in Liverpool yesterday, albeit one of the smaller sizes. The dial looked a great colour however, and think it'll become popular as more versatile than the louder colours. I'd be keen to see the 36mm sometime.

Ant

Thanks for sharing those shots and as you say, the new ND Sub is the pick of the crop! Lovely!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Just had the call for a no date sub this afternoon,was in the AD's last month getting a watch for the wifes birthday and sent an email when the new releases came out to express my interest and luckily had the call.

Looking forward to picking it up when I get home.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman

ND

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Thanks for sharing those shots and as you say, the new ND Sub is the pick of the crop! Lovely!
    Agree on the ND. Even though the redesign was small, the impact the new lug shape is big. Probably the nearest you will ever get to a perfect modern day successor to the classic 16610.

The OP, once all the hype or excitement of these colourful releases subside, I feel this could be a watch which gets a bit boring fairly quickly.

Last pic

a bevy of OP'S 36 & 41

Blog Entries
    Did you get a picture of the black sub date in steel on the wrist? Will be trying one on tomorrow so interested to see it.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Did you get a picture of the black sub date in steel on the wrist? Will be trying one on tomorrow so interested to see it.
    no did not see a Date Sub ..so please take a pic if you get the chance will be nice to see on wrist...

Blog Entries
    no did not see a Date Sub ..so please take a pic if you get the chance will be nice to see on wrist...
    Tomorrow. Definitely.

Thanks for sharing OP!

Keen to get your thoughts on the Sub, owning the older model - would you say it feels same to the older or newer version (ie larger lugs - I know they have said these have been reduced!)

S

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Thanks for sharing OP!

Keen to get your thoughts on the Sub, owning the older model - would you say it feels same to the older or newer version (ie larger lugs - I know they have said these have been reduced!)

S
    To me it wears its extra 1mm well, feels no bigger than the Maxi case overall and new lugs and 21mm end links work well to taper the look.....the best way i can describe it is as a slightly larger 14060 / 16610 which is nice...that said i grew to like the Maxi case too after a period of adjustment...

Rolex seem to do the 911 evolution thing better than Porsche themselves...

Master
    Was lucky enough to pick up the date last week...here next to the previous.

Blog Entries
    I'm not one for two tone (or gold really) but am warming to the rose gold YM on Oysterflex or a WG Daytona on Oysterflex but both are a long way off.

I'm also down for a no date Sub but told the AD I'm in no rush, it's just to replace my current one and would rather have the LV sooner and no date at some point after.

The changes don't look to be night and day but do make some great watches ever so slightly better.
    i just put a deposit down on a YM rose gold on oysterflex. Not really interested in the steel models.

To me it wears its extra 1mm well, feels no bigger than the Maxi case overall and new lugs and 21mm end links work well to taper the look.....the best way i can describe it is as a slightly larger 14060 / 16610 which is nice...that said i grew to like the Maxi case too after a period of adjustment...

Rolex seem to do the 911 evolution thing better than Porsche themselves...
    Hahaha thats a nice analogy! Really good to know thanks!

S

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Damn!!! So now for the hard question... which one do you prefer?

S

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    i just put a deposit down on a YM rose gold on oysterflex. Not really interested in the steel models.
    Very nice, will suit your lineup quite well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Damn!!! So now for the hard question... which one do you prefer?

S
    Honestly at this point having worn the old model 90% of the time as a daily for a few years, I am used to the way it fits and prefer it.

The newer one very much reminds me of the SD43, albeit a shrunken version.

It will become my daily soon, so will be able to report back! I am attached to that old sub date and thought I would have another week or two with it before relegating it to the safe!

Very nice, will suit your lineup quite well.
    Agreed, a good choice Martyn!
    Last edited by Boss13; 17th September 2020 at 07:32.

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I can tell you liked the new Sub as you tried it twice ;-). Are these demo watches doing the AD rounds or physical watches for sale?

I am trying to work out whether or not to move on my 5513 for the latest Sub, couldn't do it for the 114060 but this might be different. The green bezel Sub also really appeals. I have owned the Hulk, back in the day when they were bought and sold for a price beginning with a "5" but found the combination of green dial and bezel a bit much. Unfortunately I can't justify retaining the classic Sub and stumping up for a new one.

I saw the green dial OP in Liverpool yesterday, albeit one of the smaller sizes. The dial looked a great colour however, and think it'll become popular as more versatile than the louder colours. I'd be keen to see the 36mm sometime.

Ant
    You would have to be stark-raving bonkers to do that!* Yours is possibly the best 5513 I’ve ever seen.

(*unless you sold it for me at its original cost price....happy to help! )

I saw the Ops at the weekend
    The green is like a British racing green but a little lifeless unless it's under extreme shop lighting. One thing I notice is the colours work in different ways depending on your skin tone, the red seems to make my skin look redder, I know that sounds weird. The yellow was not as much of a pop as I had wished for. The ice blue is pretty amazing and I think they should have made the pink in 41, its actually really nice. But guess what? Now I had to fill out a customer interest form, then they will decide if I am waiting list worthy..... Wtf

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post

Ant
    Can we see a pic of the 5513 first and then tell you you are mad.

Master

I find the newer variant more elegant myself. Never much liked those big blocky lugs.

Honestly at this point having worn the old model 90% of the time as a daily for a few years, I am used to the way it fits and prefer it.

The newer one very much reminds me of the SD43, albeit a shrunken version.

It will become my daily soon, so will be able to report back! I am attached to that old sub date and thought I would have another week or two with it before relegating it to the safe!

Agreed, a good choice Martyn!
    I hear you! I’ll be keen to get your views once it’s slowly made its way into rotation!

S

Journeyman
    Not a fan of the double batons, but the sunburst blue 41 looks stunning. And I quite fancy myself with a turquoise one too. Or green!

I think this line up of OP 41 models is a brilliant move from Rolex. I can see most of them going to go for over retail for quite some time to come, just like most steel sports have now done for years

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think my favourite of the releases are the OP stella-tribute dials.
    Id quite like a turquoise one.

Blog Entries
    Here you go.....wears about the same as my six digit Explorer II

And compared to the 16610.......(only phone pics sorry)

No mention of keeping the warranty card either.....

Very nice indeed and nice to see comparison with 16610 very much same DNA 'big brother'.

surprised me when you said you were viewing ...then ended up with one - well done great result...enjoy.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice one oaky.

A lot closer to the classic look than the awful 'fat-frame' model that has been around for what? 10yrs?

Looks good.

Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed and nice to see comparison with 16610 very much same DNA 'big brother'.

surprised me when you said you were viewing ...then ended up with one - well done great result...enjoy.
    Had to call in the AD two weeks ago and asked if I was any nearer to getting a Pepsi. Didn’t sound promising and mentioned that the new sub looked nice and asked to be put ‘on ze list’.
    Had a call yesterday and was really surprised ( in a nice way!)
    I think it’s a worthy successor to the 16610.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Nice one oaky.
    Cheers C
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 17th September 2020 at 16:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    A lot closer to the classic look than the awful 'fat-frame' model that has been around for what? 10yrs?

Looks good.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Here you go.....wears about the same as my six digit Explorer II

Congratulations! Be good to see a side-by-side with the Explorer II at some point. I seem to remember you wishing they would make more use of the Explorer II case shape!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Congratulations! Be good to see a side-by-side with the Explorer II at some point. I seem to remember you wishing they would make more use of the Explorer II case shape!
    Will do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Only a phone pic I'm afraid, but illustrates the sizes.

Cheers 👍