closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Master
    Investigated? [Raises eyebrow in curious manner] I'm not going to get too worked up by it, it's a mild irritation at most and we probably expect some customers to be treated differently.... Rightly or wrongly..... But it's just a watch so I'll not hey worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Makes a mockery of Harrods' 'list'. Nice for the new owner, but infuriating for the people who've put their names down and are patiently waiting for the call.
    Certainly does, my 'wait list' duration will be a year next month, but to be honest I have gone off the boil now, so not too fussed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rdwiow View Post
    Certainly does, my 'wait list' duration will be a year next month, but to be honest I have gone off the boil now, so not too fussed anymore.
    You need to go in and see them in person, and explain/prove your wait - they will likely make a watch available for you.

They aren't perfect, but they do try and look after customers that actually shop there.

I've found them great in person, but awful from email and phone.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwiow View Post
    If you do change your mind , drop them a call and explain to them that you know people who have started receiving theirs and would like to query how long yours could take . I did this and got mine in 4 months of going on list , and within 2 weeks of making said phone call.
    Last edited by mak_35; 28th August 2019 at 19:53.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Investigated? [Raises eyebrow in curious manner] I'm not going to get too worked up by it, it's a mild irritation at most and we probably expect some customers to be treated differently.... Rightly or wrongly..... But it's just a watch so I'll not hey worked up.
    On what you said about some customers being treated differently, I know of someone who shops in Harrods a lot and managed to get one straight away just by phoning - whether that was right/wrong I won’t comment.

I got mine without using any connections/bundling with any other purchases. Again, know it’s unfair and did hesitate before posting... but made the decision to keep all of you informed.

At least it’s not grabbed up by a flipper who then sells it outside UK I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    On what you said about some customers being treated differently, I know of someone who shops in Harrods a lot and managed to get one straight away just by phoning - whether that was right/wrong I won’t comment.

I got mine without using any connections/bundling with any other purchases. Again, know it’s unfair and did hesitate before posting... but made the decision to keep all of you informed.

At least it’s not grabbed up by a flipper who then sells it outside UK I guess..
    Nothing wrong in posting about it, and a lot of people here would have accepted the watch as offered too.

If I was on the list, I'd have been narked, but also straight down to Harrods to press my case to get the next one in. Seems being on the spot helps!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Nothing wrong in posting about it, and a lot of people here would have accepted the watch as offered too.

If I was on the list, I'd have been narked, but also straight down to Harrods to press my case to get the next one in. Seems being on the spot helps!
    Thanks. The only reason I’ve bothered trying to walk in was because I think someone else in this thread managed to get one on walk in a few weeks before me.

If I had to guess, there must be too many people on that list.... good luck on your trip!

Master
    Thanks. The only reason I’ve bothered trying to walk in was because I think someone else in this thread managed to get one on walk in a few weeks before me.

If I had to guess, there must be too many people on that list.... good luck on your trip!
    I recently chatted with someone else who got one on a walk in, so you never know.

Journeyman
    Just out of interest, are the numbers over 3k now?

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I recently chatted with someone else who got one on a walk in, so you never know.
    Yes, the only reason I’ve attempted to walk in was because I’ve heard the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibo View Post
    Just out of interest, are the numbers over 3k now?

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Nope. Mine is 2750s but don’t think they sell the watches according to chronological number too. It’s definitely in the high 2700s now.

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    This one could turn out to be the Tudor equivalent of Omega’s FOIS!
    Certainly starting to look that way...the supply is looking endless...

Both nice watches and I'd happily buy both to keep

Forgot I’d put my name down earlier this year. Got a call today. Collecting Monday. Lovely.

It’s a great watch, I wonder what number you’ll get!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Certainly starting to look that way...the supply is looking endless...

Both nice watches and I'd happily buy both to keep
    From memory I'm pretty sure it says special edition not limited edition on the back , so was it possible that all along Tudor never planned to stop at a certain number?. Lovely watch either way I would definitely recommend it .

Those on the 'wait list' (if they are actually adhering to it) will all move up one place, I have gone off the boil for owning one, so have sent them an email asking to be removed from the list and also shared my views with them on the 'wait list'!

Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    From memory I'm pretty sure it says special edition not limited edition on the back , so was it possible that all along Tudor never planned to stop at a certain number?. Lovely watch either way I would definitely recommend it .
    Engraved with:

Special Edition
    [A Harrords]. "H"
    [& Number]. xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    It’s a great watch, I wonder what number you’ll get!
    Picked it up earlier #2899.

Does the watch usually come with white outer card/cover? I think I’ve left mine in the store. Doesn’t matter but just wondered. By the way they’re holding onto hang tags and destickering but I’m sure I had the white outer.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post

Does the watch usually come with white outer card/cover? I think I’ve left mine in the store. Doesn’t matter but just wondered. By the way they’re holding onto hang tags and destickering but I’m sure I had the white outer.
    i think they do hang on to white outer sleeves now too

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    i think they do hang on to white outer sleeves now too
    Oh right thanks. I was sure I had it but saying that am sure I checked everything as I left (had my bracelet resized in aftercare area)

Congrats!! I picked up a 12** model in November 2018 - they’ve certainly made a few more since then.

Congrats!! I picked up a 12** model in November 2018 - they’ve certainly made a few more since then.
    Thanks. Yes seems to be a relatively large run. It’s a ruddy lovely thing though.

Nice experience in Harrods too.

Journeyman
    Thanks. Yes seems to be a relatively large run. It’s a ruddy lovely thing though.

congrats , it's a gorgeous piece enjoy

Master
    Blog Entries

Service was pretty poor when I picked mine up.

Apprentice
    I put my name down in Jan?Feb this year. Wonder when i'll get my call?

Quote Originally Posted by davidif View Post
    So did I, only Harrods didn't put my name down! I'd advise you to check. The customer service leaves a little to be desired.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidif View Post

Give them a call/drop them an email , alot of the time you need to give them a friendly reminder that your still waiting and interested . I went on list roughly the same time as yourself, and received mine within 4 months .

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Service was pretty poor when I picked mine up.
    How come?

I must be honest I'd forgotten about it so was pretty shocked when I got a phone call Saturday. In fact, the last time I thought about it I just thought I bet they never did anything with my details.

The woman was really nice and helpful both over the phone and in store though.

Had it on all day and have to say I love it.

Master
    Another walk in and purchase of this this week on the Tudor fb group...the list is a mockery for those on it.

Master
    Oh dear, people being missed and others getting walk in purchases, the list is a bit 'rolex'

Spoke with Harrods earlier - they actually keep the white outer and throw it away - same with the hang tag. Strange that. Did offer to save me a outer sleeve to collect later but not that bothered but just seems mad to dispose of that and the tag.

Hey ho

Grand Master
    If anyone is after one then I have a client who’s just offered one to the trade so PM me if required and Ill hook you up, be circa £3k
    RIAC

Apprentice
    Picked up mine yesterday. It’s number 287*

Waited around 5-6m for it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblalpine View Post
    Picked up mine yesterday. It’s number 287*

Waited around 5-6m for it
    They’re clearly not distributing in the correct order. The numbers are 30xx as of now from what I’ve heard.

Blog Entries
    Spoke with Harrods earlier - they actually keep the white outer and throw it away - same with the hang tag. Strange that. Did offer to save me a outer sleeve to collect later but not that bothered but just seems mad to dispose of that and the tag.
    That's weird.

The (apparent) motivation for keeping stuff like hang tags is to reduce flipping to the grey market but if there are, in effect, no hang tags available ever then it can't make any difference to the grey market. So why needlessly throw away stuff that many people would like? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That's weird.

The (apparent) motivation for keeping stuff like hang tags is to reduce flipping to the grey market but if there are, in effect, no hang tags available ever then it can't make any difference to the grey market. So why needlessly throw away stuff that many people would like? Makes no sense.
    Totally agree - just seems wrong/daft to be honest

Totally agree - just seems wrong/daft to be honest
    Totally agree. It certainly doesn’t prevent people from selling them on immediately afterwards.

Apprentice
    They’re clearly not distributing in the correct order. The numbers are 30xx as of now from what I’ve heard.
    Agreed. I saw there were a couple of 30** in the drawer too. I was told mine was here last week, end Aug. I couldn’t pick up until this week, so that might have been a factor. Here’s a photo of my small collection:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey ho
    I didn’t get the white outer box sleeve either. I don’t really mind anyway

Master
    Really think I need to get myself one of these, unsure on the rivet bracelet though.

Will my BBR bracelet fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Really think I need to get myself one of these, unsure on the rivet bracelet though.

The rivets don’t personally bother me, I wouldn’t let that put you off. It’s a great watch.

Agreed. I saw there were a couple of 30** in the drawer too. I was told mine was here last week, end Aug. I couldn’t pick up until this week, so that might have been a factor. Here’s a photo of my small collection:

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t get the white outer box sleeve either. I don’t really mind anyway
    Only worth half as much without the white sleeve ;)

I think a lot of the move is to eliminate the protective transportation stuff from the customer. No idea why.

It's only a recent issue for collectors, and as long as everyone is in the same boat, it's a non-issue.

Master
    Really grown on me these to the point we're I want one !

Are they still taking orders or has all the run been allocated ?

Journeyman
    The rivets don’t personally bother me, I wouldn’t let that put you off. It’s a great watch.
    Would have to agree , I wanted on as soon as I saw pics , but it was alot better in the flesh .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Well according to the thread, people are getting them just by walking in at the moment .

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Yes, still taking orders. I might have to get one of the brothers one.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

I had a big issue with these fake rivets too (from photos mind). In real life they’re insignificant, it’ll be fine!

I don’t know if BBR bracelet will fit

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    Well according to the thread, people are getting them just by walking in at the moment .
    Not too sure how true this is. I know the staff quite well

My day of pick up there was an Middle Eastern Guy super keen to pick up in the spot. Staff were having none of it! He offered ok money on mine. I said no :)

Craftsman
    Not too sure how true this is. I know the staff quite well

My day of pick up there was an Middle Eastern Guy super keen to pick up in the spot. Staff were having none of it! He offered ok money on mine. I said no :)
    I got mine on walk in - I think I was just very lucky. Just purely guessing they might have called a few people on the list who turned it down that day, and decided to stop calling.

Surprised the staff were not more discreet when they gave you your piece. What was ‘ok money’?

Grand Master
    Just wait till they start appearing in the Harrods airport stores next year at 20% less too.
    RIAC

Master
    I'll drop by Harrods later and see if I'm lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Just wait till they start appearing in the Harrods airport stores next year at 20% less too.
    Well that's fine if it's non-EU, as no Rolex or Tudor is the equivalent of the 20% VAT off at a UK airport anyway - so it's the same price at Harrods for everyone from outside the EU anyway.