closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An apology is in order! I have made a fool of myself!

An apology is in order! I have made a fool of myself!

It's about time for the facts and all the cards on the table. For those of you that have followed my MRG-G2000 salespost and the post on Watch Talk, I can now inform that the deal has fallen through and I have agreed with the buyer to refund his money. He disliked all the stir my salespost made, and I was by no means a positive contribution to the whole deal. He also was made aware in the salespost that there was other listings online that greatly competed with the agreed price, that was £6700. I had two reasons for starting my infamous salespost. One, I was a bit provoked by some of the answers in my initial post on Watch Talk, and wanted to provoke a bit back. Two, and ofcourse making some money on the deal. Which I knowingly was against forum rules and etiquette. To my surprise my PM got really busy, and the prospect of earning a fast 5k made me leave my morals and better judgement behind. Nothing can justify that I'm afraid, and only shows a potentially bad character. And in the end this regtettably leaves me with a stained performance on here, and I can only hope that time and better behaviour in the future will somehow work to my advantage. If I decide to sell the watch on here in the future, it will definately not be at anything over what I paid (£1700). If I receive PM's with offers, I will kindly refuse them all. I will give myself a 12 months ban from selling anyting on SC. All I can say now is, I apologise for my misconduct on the fine forum, and hope there is a future for me here. I will not contribute more to this and and will lay low for quite some time.

Master
    ok....

Best self flagellation I've seen on here for sure.

It gave us a laugh and no harm done, so if the apology is sincere I'm happy to forgive and forget. I was trying to work out who had bought it, the most obvious choice was the guy in the country very close to you who has a rather impressive collection, but probably already has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the sales thread and I've just read this, and I still havent got a clue what's happening

If I understand correctly, this is a rare G-Shock that sells for £6k and above? Then just sell it for a bit less than £6k. You've made a killing, buyer got a deal (of sorts) and chuck £100 in the Fundraiser.

Then again… WTF???????

I'm calling this entire episode as phoney. No one on here would be willing to pay £6700. Why? Lots of reasons. Online it can be found for under £6k, easy. Actually the chap who tagesol bought it from paid £4200 and that seems closer to the online trading price (tagesol paid £1700 for it).

The market for an MR-G is extremely small - I cannot see this MR-G selling THAT quickly. So total bulls the whole episode. OP clearly went on a narcissistic trip.

Original thread about the watch - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...MRG-G2000HA-1A
    Last edited by crazyp; 21st February 2020 at 16:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'm calling this entire episode as phoney. No one on here would be willing to pay £6700. Why? Lots of reasons. Online it can be found for under £6k, easy and closer to what tagesol paid for it - £4200 for one. And the market for an MR-G is extremely small - I cannot see this MR-G selling THAT quickly. So total bulls the whole episode. OP clearly went on a narcissistic trip.

Original thread about the watch - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...MRG-G2000HA-1A
    Head slightly spinning now so I may well be wrong but how I read that was the person he bought it from paid 4.2k. Didn't he say he paid 1.7k for it? This is turning into one surreal week on here. At this point in time I'm starting to question if there ever was a watch..

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Head slightly spinning now so I may well be wrong but how I read that was the person he bought it from paid 4.2k. Didn't he say he paid 1.7k for it? This is turning into one surreal week on here. At this point in time I'm starting to question if there ever was a watch..
    My bad - very badly written post by myself, which I've now edited. TLDR - total bs the whole situation and yea, who knows if there ever was a watch or if he even paid £1700 for it at all!

Blog Entries
    Has the OPs account been hijacked?

I thought hifi people were batsh*t, but (some of) you lot...

People will defend to the death a major international company ruthlessly exploiting and manipulating the market, but if an individual has the temerity to sell something for more than it cost them we end up with a DIY-crucifixion...!

Some people come on here and make fools of themselves on an almost daily basis, I wouldn't lose too much sleep about it.

I am personally very angry with the OP as he made me discover Finn.no, which seems to be full of very interesting stuff at indeed very good prices.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Six grand for a G-Spot !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having worked it all out, I think..., well done to Tagesol for quickly refunding the buyer and the apology to him and the forum in general. I'd also like to add it was a bloody gorgeous G!

Master
    Bizarre situation

OP advertises watch for £10k on SC

OP says he has sold it for "near" asking price

OP then says that he only paid £1,700 for watch and that he had made a good profit................presumably because he was proud of his achievement

Buyer would appear to either be a member on here or have access to the SC thread, (thread in SC so buyer must be a member and have more than 250 postings to be eligible to see SC)

RRP was just over £6,500

a simple search on the internet shows that LNIB watches are for sale at under £6k - to pay that kind of money for a G Shock, presumably buyer was well versed in G Shock prices, so why pay near the £10k asking?

most people who post of thread cannot really understand it and think that it is some kind of "joke" or "wind up"

now we have this thread

money refunded, deal off

self imposed ban for 12 months and will "lay low"

................just bizarre ..............without wanting to be unkind in any way to OP...........is any of this real?

Can anyone logically explain this?
    Last edited by BillN; 21st February 2020 at 19:09.

I thought everything you did was fake and you were just trying to plug the dodge European watch selling site you mention in one of your posts. finn. something or other, when people asked you where you got it from

I think this is some sort of satire or parody or whatever but it’s not quite landing

I bought a G-Shock 2 weeks ago. It’s indestructible, has 200m WR, motion sensor back light, world time, perpetual calendar, stopwatch, countdown timer, five alarms, solar powered so no battery required, syncs to the Atomic Clock every night so always near COSC, iconic square design.

Cost me 90 quid with next day delivery.

£1700, £6500 or £10,000 on a G-Shock? I’m pretty much speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I thought everything you did was fake and you were just trying to plug the dodge European watch selling site you mention in one of your posts. finn. something or other, when people asked you where you got it from

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    I think this is some sort of satire or parody or whatever but it’s not quite landing

That's my reading of it.

Master
    The Edinburgh Fringe isn't 'till August !!!!

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by tagesol View Post

Oh it’s all clear now!

It was easier to understand when it was just aftershave samples and sandals

I'm also confused.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Why dodge (sic)?

Master
    Thread of the year so far!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just imagine how confusing this is for those of us who can’t access SC.... or is that an advantage in this case?!

Master
    Can't help but feel a little uncomfortable given the purchase price and the suggestion to consider whether the original seller had good title.. It was sold for £1700 for a reason (perhaps that screenshot explains it, but I don't speak foreign)

Master
    I can only assume someone is trying to teach an AI to post on watch forums.

Needs a bit of work tbh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonstoz View Post
    Just imagine how confusing this is for those of us who can’t access SC.... or is that an advantage in this case?!
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Best gif ever, BH, thanks for that, I'll be smiling all weekend.

Craftsman
    The final nail in capitalism: a conscience about profit.

Grand Master
    This thread had me checking if the wife had poisoned my coffee and I was hallucinating

- - - Updated - - -

This thread had me checking if the wife had poisoned my coffee and I was hallucinating
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You can say that again.

[QUOTE=tagesol;5332108]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkUOTE]

I love the way that even the helmet bloke in the middle of that advert is looking at the watch confused as hell.

Yes!
    No confusion really. I bought two Casios cheap locally, and was bragging about it. I tried to sell one at SC at a huge profit, and finally it all blew up in my face. Now I just desperately try to secure my future on here. How well Im doing must others decide.

Craftsman
    But did it really blow up in your face? It doesn’t appear anyone here thinks so apart from yourself, so creating a specific apology thread for something that no one other than you is concerned about has a whiff of attention seeking to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    No confusion really. I bought two Casios cheap locally, and was bragging about it. I tried to sell one at SC at a huge profit, and finally it all blew up in my face. Now I just desperately try to secure my future on here. How well Im doing must others decide.
    My reply in the affermative was to the question of whether in this case it was better for that particular member that he couldn't yet view SC. As your sales thread had nothing to offer except puzzlement ultimately, I stand by my reply :)

All I'll say is I've diagnosed at least 3 cases of ASD on this thread alone....

I remain confused

The OP has two unpopular watches which retailed for £6k new, which he bought second hand for a good price £1,700 and £800 respectively.
    He tried to Big-Up the second hand value by posting a bogus / fantasy sales post for £10k, and said one of his watches has sold, and he was happy to use the "free of charge" forum facilities to make a big profit, and would be putting £10 in the fundraiser.

When reminded that the dealer fee was 10% of the proceeds, the £10k imaginary deal fell through, to avoid the need to make a £1,000 fundraiser donation.
    This thread is to try and justify the embarrassing threads full of smoke, mirrors, and fantasy. Back out of the fundraiser donation for a deal which did not exist. And still try to "big up" the MrG watches to an unrealistic £5k-£6k value for when he wants to sell on at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    The OP has two unpopular watches which retailed for £6k new, which he bought second hand for a good price £1,700 and £800 respectively.
    He tried to Big-Up the second hand value by posting a bogus / fantasy sales post for £10k, and said one of his watches has sold, and he was happy to use the "free of charge" forum facilities to make a big profit, and would be putting £10 in the fundraiser.

When reminded that the dealer fee was 10% of the proceeds, the £10k imaginary deal fell through, to avoid the need to make a £1,000 fundraiser donation.
    This thread is to try and justify the embarrassing threads full of smoke, mirrors, and fantasy. Back out of the fundraiser donation for a deal which did not exist. And still try to "big up" the MrG watches to an unrealistic £5k-£6k value for when he wants to sell on at a later date.
    Dare I say it, that actually makes sense on a thread making no sense at all...

Master
    Are we saying 1700 was a bargain or market value. I really have no idea, seems cheap but only by a few hundred quid. Is it worth 2-3k?

The weirdest bit for me is when he talks about his future on this forum. Far too melodramatic for ASD I'd say.

... Now I just desperately try to secure my future on here ...
    Mate.

Stop.

We're all choking on Burning-Martyr Smoke...

Blog Entries
    another added to the 'ignore' list. Seems to be getting far too common these days ::sad face::

Admittedly I do not smoke a lot of crack but... have i accidentally smoked some crack before reading this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post

Spot on.

Anyone who is still confused about this whole saga needs to re-read Reeny’s explanation. Behind all this ‘kooky Norwegian’ facade is a guy trying to shill his G-Shock. If you really think that a buyer on TZ SC tried to snap this up for £10,000 before our honourable Scandinavian reversed the deal after an attack of consciousness, you need your head examining.

This guy should make everyone’s list.