TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 220 of 413 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 11,000 of 20612

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Liking that alot. More info please.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Saw this hit a dealers page and quickly arranged to buy. That crisp white dial, beautifully aged plots and hands with black borders.... all wrapped up in a wearable and traditional case. Can you tell I’m happy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really an Explorer II fan, but must say that looks just right! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Liking that alot. More info please.
    https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-g...pace-age-watch

Thanks.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats some serious aged lume going on there Kash.

Saw this hit a dealers page and quickly arranged to buy. That crisp white dial, beautifully aged plots and hands with black borders.... all wrapped up in a wearable and traditional case. Can you tell I’m happy?

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Apprentice

What year is that? Absolutely perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    A satisfying end to the 3 month WTB hunt! The only downside is that it makes a large part of my collection seem poorly made...

529788FC-6BB7-4FA0-AD16-F4EFA4CDA162 by Matt G, on Flickr
    That is just crazy nice...
    Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Woaw Kash, amazing find!

Journeyman

Beautiful piece

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    What year is that? Absolutely perfect!
    Thanks to all for the comments, really pleased with it as it has vintage vibes but not full on vintage, if that makes sense.

Its a watch only and i haven't had the bracelet off to check the serial, but the dealer put it late 90s. I suspect its not been worn much and sat in a drawer as the case is sharp and i don't think polished. I heard trit ages (colours) more when in the dark and not sun, which might explain the colouring.

Overall pleased : )

That is quite a find.

The lugs look fantastically sharp and the tritium has aged beautifully and evenly.

Craftsman
    Got the call from the local ad today so it’s into Cambridge tomorrow for a look at a SD.

18 months on the list so it was a nice surprise to get a call from them

Excited !!!

Craftsman
    Picked up this morning for the post office.

Wears really well given the hefty proportions, and it's nice and light due to the resin shroud. Otherwise I couldn't wear something this chunky for long.

Craftsman
    Picked this up today from my AD .
    Happy.

Picked this up a week ago, I’ve had a few 4 and 5 digit sports Rolex and early signs are that this probably wears the best yet for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Picked this up a week ago, I’ve had a few 4 and 5 digit sports Rolex and early signs are that this probably wears the best yet for me.
    I know nothing about vintage Rolex, but this one looks great!

Arrived yesterday and put it on a Haveston strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Hey Marius, good to see you back. Just wondering, have you come clean to ebay about the scam you conducted and refunded the guy the money for the strap you stole from him?
    Do you have any common sense at all?
    So easy to talk without using the brain at all,isn't it?
    Are there any rules on this forum against people being rude for no f....g reason?.....
    You did not understsnd a iota of what happened so shut tfu and look wise......

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Arrived yesterday and put it on a Haveston strap.

Now that is a nice thing. Looks good on that strap also.

Excellent pick-up!

Yea I love it. Probably a bit excessive but I have the same model with the polished case and stainless steel bracelet plus the Black version (Blasted) like this one. I just love the look although the ss version I will move on at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Now that is a nice thing. Looks good on that strap also.

Excellent pick-up!
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    So I picked up my new sea-dweller yesterday from my AD. ( pics if I knew how to !!! )
    That’s a full set for me now with gmt , sub, SD and DSSD all snuggled away in the safe.

And it’s just as I wanted in size . So much more suited to my wrist the the DSSD.

Hey Marius, good to see you back. Just wondering, have you come clean to ebay about the scam you conducted and refunded the guy the money for the strap you stole from him?
    No shame at all.

SBBN007 new in today. Love the domed crystal.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Do you have any common sense at all?
    So easy to talk without using the brain at all,isn't it?
    Are there any rules on this forum against people being rude for no f....g reason?.....
    You did not understsnd a iota of what happened so shut tfu and look wise......

I'm not going to get into this with you, but anyone wondering about my unnecessarily rude post can have a quick look here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Humped-on-eBay!

TLDR? Marius bought a strap on ebay put in a false claim and got a refund. In this tale of subterfuge, there was an ironically beautifully serendipitous twist where Marius outed himself as the scammer.

I'm not going to get into this with you, but anyone wondering about my unnecessarily rude post can have a quick look here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Humped-on-eBay!

TLDR? Marius bought a strap on ebay put in a false claim and got a refund. In this tale of subterfuge, there was an ironically beautifully serendipitous twist where Marius outed himself as the scammer.
    Again.....writing just for the sake of doing something......
    It was all explained by me and who can understand will....who cannot ...well....should try again.
    Please use your common sense(if any) and stop saying rude things if you simply cannot get it.
    Have you ever wonder this:
    1: why eBay said that I am wright?
    2.:why the seller did't ask for a fraud investigation?
    3: how stupid do you think that I am to do what you said,namely to bring here a debate whithout knowing 100% that I am wright?
    4: WHY the "good" seller didn't offer his marvelous strap HERE for sale?
    Being such a honorable member and knowing that there's a lot of Panerai fans here and his merchendise is nothing but perfect?
    That's all that I am going to say on this topic.
    I had enough of your obtuse way of taking sides for all the reasons except the truth.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Again.....writing just for the sake of doing something......
    It was all explained by me and who can understand will....who cannot ...well....should try again.
    Please use your common sense(if any) and stop saying rude things if you simply cannot get it.
    Have you ever wonder this:
    1: why eBay said that I am wright?
    2.:why the seller did't ask for a fraud investigation?
    3: how stupid do you think that I am to do what you said,namely to bring here a debate whithout knowing 100% that I am wright?
    4: WHY the "good" seller didn't offer his marvelous strap HERE for sale?
    Being such a honorable member and knowing that there's a lot of Panerai fans here and his merchendise is nothing but perfect?
    That's all that I am going to say on this topic.
    I had enough of your obtuse way of taking sides for all the reasons except the truth.....

Marius, if you were to tell me today is Wednesday, well I’d still want to check for myself before I’d believe it is indeed Wednesday. I also know I would never have any dealings with you. That’s nothing to do with where you live, or your nationality. No, it’s a decision made based on your conduct here.

The majority of people on this forum are honest and upstanding people who value their reputations more than they do the opportunity to buy something for a great price or sell for a profit. They understand that once a reputation is tarnished then it’s well nigh impossible to make good the damage.

People here have long memories when it comes to deals that went wrong or members who were badly treated. This episode will follow you around like a bad smell. Other members will continue to refer to your behaviour here as a warning to others not to deal with you because of the likelihood of being duped.

I suspect that you’ll take offence at my comments and protest that you’ve been misunderstood or certain members are effectively bullying you. That’s fine, as I’ve no intention of responding or saying anything further here. There aren’t too many shysters here but you’re definitely in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Marius, if you were to tell me today is Wednesday, well I’d still want to check for myself before I’d believe it is indeed Wednesday. I also know I would never have any dealings with you. That’s nothing to do with where you live, or your nationality. No, it’s a decision made based on your conduct here.

The majority of people on this forum are honest and upstanding people who value their reputations more than they do the opportunity to buy something for a great price or sell for a profit. They understand that once a reputation is tarnished then it’s well nigh impossible to make good the damage.

People here have long memories when it comes to deals that went wrong or members who were badly treated. This episode will follow you around like a bad smell. Other members will continue to refer to your behaviour here as a warning to others not to deal with you because of the likelihood of being duped.

I suspect that you’ll take offence at my comments and protest that you’ve been misunderstood or certain members are effectively bullying you. That’s fine, as I’ve no intention of responding or saying anything further here. There aren’t too many shysters here but you’re definitely in that category.
    I not going take any offence
    Just a very bad taste in my mouth about all this ......
    Have you ,at least,tried to answer any of the above questions with an open mind?
    I'm afraid you did not.
    The only thing that is not stopping to amaze me is how people are jumping to such important conclusions and so easily throw mud on someone whithout taking the time to understand
    All this experience is only telling me ,once again, that only a few here understand and follow this saying :
    "This is good, life must continue, we are fighting barbarians, but we must remain human."
    The rest...I have to learn to ignore because you're giving me no other chance.

Tangente 101: 35mm, solid caseback, 6.2mm thin, 39g inc strap. So happy to be back with handwinds.

Something different

If you speak to Carl at Gasgasbones, he can make you a stand for that.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    If you speak to Carl at Gasgasbones, he can make you a stand for that.
    Now, that's a good idea

Went for something very traditional and under the radar.....

Good pal and friendly AD got me this other week

A one watch does all piece for me this one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post
    Good pal and friendly AD got me this other week

A one watch does all piece for me this one

Amazing watch Al !

Master
    Not quite a PP Nautilus, but a nice colour combo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    New arrival for me, possibly the first in the U.K. (first I’ve seen referenced anyway) and second in Europe.
    It’s the next in the US only seasons watches, called S?k? for the first frosts of the season, they are inspired by a Kyoto bamboo forest, a light model (SBGA427) and a shadow model (SBGA429 - this one).
    I’ve pondered one for a short while, they were released earlier this year and it went up my list straight away as a smaller (39mm) steel Spring Drive, a technology I’ve always wanted to own. Cost of importing put me off, but I just came to the conclusion it made sense, especially now I’ve visited the very Kyoto bamboo forest, that inspires the watch.

It'd be a bold look for sure, but I'd love to see that on something like this:

Blog Entries
    A very wearable cheapie. Ordered new yesterday after midday and arrived this morning at 10am

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    After arriving back last week with the hands incorrectly fitted it arrived back today with the hands as they should be

Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    After arriving back last week with the hands incorrectly fitted it arrived back today with the hands as they should be
    That’s more like it..

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Not quite a PP Nautilus, but a nice colour combo
    I owned the navy/orange version of that - the bracelet was a bit gash, but the watch was superb, especially at the price - only moved it on because I own far too many watches and I simply never wore it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    It'd be a bold look for sure, but I'd love to see that on something like this:

That’s quite a wild strap!
    I’m yet to try the OEM one that came with it, which matches the dial & hands, with a dark grey croc strap with green stitching!

Master
    Fresh off the delivery van.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    That’s quite a wild strap!
    I’m yet to try the OEM one that came with it, which matches the dial & hands, with a dark grey croc strap with green stitching!
    Yeah, not for the feint-hearted! Reminded me of bamboo which I know’s the idea behind the green hands on yours.

I wish they’d done a unique strap for each of the other Seasons models too. Just like the earlier Black Bays that came with an additional fabric on top of the bracelet, I think it’s a really nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

That's lovely Ben, is it an STS job with service parts? The Japan racing is one of my favourite Speedys.

Twas a very good day this Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I've been looking at them lately. Very nice watch indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Fresh off the delivery van.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Twas a very good day this Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Great pick ups ,enjoy

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Omega service dial and hands but not through STS.

When Boris says we are allowed out I will pop in for a catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    That's lovely Ben, is it an STS job with service parts? The Japan racing is one of my favourite Speedys.
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Received earlier today. It's a birth year 6117-6400 Seiko World Time, and I love it!

6117-6400
    Brilliant piece.