closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Craftsman
    Is anyone using the venerable old Microsoft Band 2 GPS watch to run with? I have had mine since they first launched and it has been a loyal servant (battery life is getting crap now!) ? It appears the Microsoft health dashboard that the Band 2 syncs to has an issue with the connected Strava app and won't connect /sync correctly. I have just been chatting to online support to Band tech support and I have raised a tech assist for them to check the Strava link and see if they can get it working again. I haven't been able to share 3 runs so far and I dropping off the leader board!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    So there are 39 runners in the tz club! I’ve checked.

Tonight, I get a PB running home from work and go onto Strava all cock-a-hoop about what I’ve done. Even show the wife!!!!

So what I hear you say....

Well here’s what.... I only got mullered on one of the legs by Tim L on Strava. 38 other runners in the country and one of you lot lives down my road! FFS

(nice one Tim )

Tim!...................... Me!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Nice one Tim

Request to join sent, I’m trying to run more regularly too
    Cheers
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    So there are 39 runners in the tz club! I’ve checked.

Tonight, I get a PB running home from work and go onto Strava all cock-a-hoop about what I’ve done. Even show the wife!!!!

So what I hear you say....

Well here’s what.... I only got mullered on one of the legs by Tim L on Strava. 38 other runners in the country and one of you lot lives down my road! FFS

(nice one Tim )

Tim!...................... Me!

😂

Journeyman
    I've just sent a request to join.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I will try to figure out how to join!

Rattled out 5.4km this morning, would of been easy to not to bother as it was snowing and there was a couple of inches on ground as well, stuck to the pavements due to the conditions, legs will feel it tomorrow as it’s my first run in a couple of weeks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Rattled out 5.4km this morning, would of been easy to not to bother as it was snowing and there was a couple of inches on ground as well, stuck to the pavements due to the conditions, legs will feel it tomorrow as it’s my first run in a couple of weeks.
    You only ever regret not going for a run

Mild jog tonight with my wife, 7km tomorrow lunch and would like to do a 10km in Wells next to the sea at the weekend…. Looking on Google satellite it looks about 5km one way

Journeyman
    5km on treadmill reasonably quick as main part of gym sesh
    day of tomorrow, park run Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You only ever regret not going for a run
    This is so true! Especially if you make excuses to yourself and don’t go when you know you could have done, then it eats away at you!
    Dan

7.3km this morning, was -3 so was absolutely Baltic to start with, but I soon warmed up.
    Was thinking about just staying on my feet as the pavements were icy.
    Its done now though 

Journeyman
    7.3km this morning, was -3 so was absolutely Baltic to start with, but I soon warmed up.
    Was thinking about just staying on my feet as the pavements were icy.
    Its done now though 
    great effort. out of interest shorts or leggings?
    I only wear shorts and used to find it ok but feeling the cold more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    Leggings, one of the best things I’ve bought for running, makes a massive difference in my opinion, especially in the winter months

Managed 10K in -3 myself this morning, and also had to dodge slippy pavements. Fortunately most of my route has a cycle track at the side of the main A road which is gritted so handy to run in. I’m a long shorts kinda guy (knee length compression under long running shorts) so don’t tend to use my Ron Hills unless it’s absolutely awful in terms of wind, sleet or snow. I can always tell how cold it is by how long I need to keep on my Buff neckwarmer and headband, this was a 2 Buff job from start to finish...brrrr

Blog Entries
    Leggings, one of the best things I’ve bought for running, makes a massive difference in my opinion, especially in the winter months

I can only where leggings when running from home…. As I run from work regularly I couldn’t bring myself to be caught on the staircase with leggings…. I skulk in and out, but, will always cross a couple of colleagues on the way... They’re too revealing!

I regretted not having my snood and gloves today…. But, warned up after 3km

Craftsman
    Just shorts, running shirt and hoodie for my tea time run this evening.

I have managed to get my Microsoft Band 2 to sync to Strava after a lot of tweaking and investigation. MS support haven't been a lot of help.

I am syncing my Band 2 to the Band app on my Galaxy S9 over bluetooth, this syncs to Microsoft Health dashboard. The health dashboard isn't syncing to Strava anymore, so instead I use a free account at www.fitnesssyncer.com. This is a cloud service that downloads the run data from the Health dashboard and then streams the data to my Strava account. A lot of faffing about to get a run onto the website but it works.

Onwards and upwards.

7.6km this morning, the struggle was real, legs felt like jelly early on then I felt sick.
    Lots of walking in between running.
    Was freezing again this morning so had the leggings on again 😂😂

Master
    Off to timekeep at the Harrow Parkrunthis morning. Standing around for over an hour is MUCH worse than running round. Last week we had our slowest ever 5ks, with people taking over an hour....

Journeyman
    21.39 at the park run today
    6 seconds better than last week

suspect getting anywhere near 20 mat be a struggle!!

Blog Entries
    21.39 at the park run today
    6 seconds better than last week

suspect getting anywhere near 20 mat be a struggle!!
    That’s a great time…. I’d love to get close to that! My best in recent years was 25.00, but, that involved 2km of steep uphill…

Rest day today and then out in the morning for me…

That’s a great time…. I’d love to get close to that! My best in recent years was 25.00, but, that involved 2km of steep uphill…

Rest day today and then out in the morning for me…
    I’ve just started my 5k’s. I’ve been doing Military Fitness for 18 months. I’m at about 26min and would like to get to 20 by the end of the year. It’s tough though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I’ve just started my 5k’s. I’ve been doing Military Fitness for 18 months. I’m at about 26min and would like to get to 20 by the end of the year. It’s tough though.
    Ooh blimey…. I’ll need to get quicker!

How can I explain this without sounding like a massive tool? I probably can’t, but, that’s never stopped me before!!! (Honesty is the best policy and all that!!)

I really like to be on the TZ top 10 leaderboard and have probably increased my weekly distances by 50% since joining the running club! However, I’m really enjoying it and feeling better…. I’m hoping to do have done 37km by the end of this week…

I never thought I was hugely competitive, but, this seems to have released my inner w@nker!!! I’m probably being harsh on myself, but, I’ve a renewed focus on getting better…

Ooh blimey…. I’ll need to get quicker!

How can I explain this without sounding like a massive tool? I probably can’t, but, that’s never stopped me before!!! (Honesty is the best policy and all that!!)

I really like to be on the TZ top 10 leaderboard and have probably increased my weekly distances by 50% since joining the running club! However, I’m really enjoying it and feeling better…. I’m hoping to do have done 37km by the end of this week…

I never thought I was hugely competitive, but, this seems to have released my inner w@nker!!! I’m probably being harsh on myself, but, I’ve a renewed focus on getting better…
    I think I need a bit of competition to spur me on. I’ve never been much good in the gym on my own. The virtual running club works in that respect. Military Fitness is the same, I like the competiveness, forces me to push my self harder than I would otherwise. I like strava because it lets me compete although can be depressing. My run this afternoon, I’m 85 out of 167 who have run the same lap as me today...must try harder next time 😊

8.5km this morning, running around the canal was lethal with the ice, but felt good today.
    Only had one glass of red last night with my dinner thinking about a run today, before I would of finished the bottle and then had a couple of malts 😂😂
    Starting to enjoy this running malarkey.

On a separate note, has anyone taken kids to do a park run, my boy is 8 and quite enjoys running, not bothered about time but just something we could do together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I think I need a bit of competition to spur me on. I’ve never been much good in the gym on my own. The virtual running club works in that respect. Military Fitness is the same, I like the competiveness, forces me to push my self harder than I would otherwise. I like strava because it lets me compete although can be depressing. My run this afternoon, I’m 85 out of 167 who have run the same lap as me today...must try harder next time 😊
    Good stuff…. I’m not the only one then…. I guess I’ve just surprised myself…. I think I got into a funk of just doing 5km 3 or 4 times a week (no bad thing), but, seeing others doing so well has spurred me on to do better…. However, I’m really enjoying it and getting immense satisfaction from pushing myself harder and faster…. I had a wonderful run this morning -3 beautiful morning in Wells next to the sea…. Running out on the harbor wall with the sun and mist rising was something else…. So, I just kept going!

7.8km this morning, was icy underfoot again but stuck to pavements.
    Never felt that comfortable, but the job is done now.

7.8km this morning, was icy underfoot again but stuck to pavements.
    Never felt that comfortable, but the job is done now.
    Same again this morning, wind chill was -5, due to be -11 tomorrow up in the Highlands, I’ve got my limits 😂😂

A slow 5 miles last night...still a bit sore from Saturdays run 😩 will have a day or two off to recover I think before getting back out.

Blog Entries
    It was chilly out there today…. Barely had time for 5km, will try and go a little further tomorrow

Craftsman
    Haven`t been out for a week or so due to "man-flu" . Seem to be getting over it now so running to work tomorrow, it`s 1.5 miles as the crow flies, question is do I choose the 3.5 or 6 mile route ?

Blog Entries
    Well that’s it after a couple of weeks with them I have joined Waveney Valley Athletics Club this evening. Excellent interval work tonight and picking pace up nicely.

First proper Parkrun Saturday for over two years and 28 something wasn’t bad although long way off PB.

I can honestly say the TZ club has got me going once again along with me buddy Benjamin, cheers chaps.

Pitch

- - - Updated - - -

It was chilly out there today…. Barely had time for 5km, will try and go a little further tomorrow
    Pussy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Well that’s it after a couple of weeks with them I have joined Waveney Valley Athletics Club this evening. Excellent interval work tonight and picking pace up nicely.

First proper Parkrun Saturday for over two years and 28 something wasn’t bad although long way off PB.

I can honestly say the TZ club has got me going once again along with me buddy Benjamin, cheers chaps.

Pitch

- - - Updated - - -

Pussy
    Keep it going chunks

Somebody posted this in the Lonely Goat RC on Facebook, I know I’m guilty of a few of these

https://properard.home.blog/2019/01/...wanky-runners/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    Somebody posted this in the Lonely Goat RC on Facebook, I know I’m guilty of a few of these

https://properard.home.blog/2019/01/...wanky-runners/
    Hahaha - had a good laugh at those and recognised I’m guilty of 9, 8, 4 and 2 :). In fairness I only once set out on a run with the purpose to improve my time on one uphill Strava segment. I got 2nd, but was humbled when I saw that first place hadn’t done what I did at all. He’d done the opposite - with a very hilly 15 mile run, averaging miles quicker than I could on an all out 1-mile flat effort :D

I do like round numbers though. - I don’t run 4.95 miles, when doing the extra 50 yards will get an even 5.

6.7km today in absolutely lethal conditions, got a call from wife when feeling good to go for a bit more distance saying she’s in labour, hopped back home and away to hospital

6.7km today in absolutely lethal conditions, got a call from wife when feeling good to go for a bit more distance saying she’s in labour, hopped back home and away to hospital
    Don't forget to tell her you've got hurty legs too just as it's getting really painful for her.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations 🎉

I hope you asked her to hold on for a bit?!!!

And you found time to post on TZ as well! Top foruming :).

Best of luck to you all, hope it is going well.

Perhaps you can name the baby Mo or Paula...

Blog Entries

How lovely and look forward to hearing further

Pitch

Journeyman
    fast 5km on the treadmill at lunch as I won't be able to do park run this week.

5km at 14 km/h was 21.30.

definitely easier on treadmill than outside.

Craftsman
    First run in a week, chickened out yesterday due to a light dusting of snow followed by a freeze making it treacherous underfoot. £ miler tis eve to shake off the last of the "man-flu", heavy legs, tight chest, slow as hell but glad to get out. Must push on tomorrow, half marathon due March 17th.

Journeyman
    New to the forum, but running the Vitality Half in March, and the London Marathon in April.
    Managed a 1:54:03 half last sunday, with a 5k PB of 23:35 (still slow!).

Aim for the marathon is sub 4hrs, but I'm really struggling to increase overall pace in my training runs.

Any suggestions? Hills?

Some great running by all on the Strava group - well done all round!

Well master Mackenzie arrived on Wednesday night, mum and baby both doing well
    Had loads of visitors today and more expected tonight so slipped out for a run, 9.1km, time not great but was glad of the fresh air

Master
    Nice one Tim
    Is this me ? Can’t see any other Tim’s ? ! Haha if it is :)

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    Is this me ? Can’t see any other Tim’s ? ! Haha if it is :)
    Yep.

Blog Entries
    Had loads of visitors today and more expected tonight so slipped out for a run, 9.1km, time not great but was glad of the fresh air

Fantastic- congratulations 🎊🍾🎈

Blog Entries

Congrats buddy wonderful news.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Congrats buddy wonderful news.

Paul
    Yeah…. 9.1km is a great distance…

Craftsman
    I haven’t ran in 1.5 weeks due to ITB injury/pain

Out for 16-18k run this morning which is going to be a make it break it run - if the pain is bad then I’m going to have to look at not running for a significant amount of time

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I haven’t ran in 1.5 weeks due to ITB injury/pain
    Dont panic, Im nursing a foot injury but have reverted to the gym to build strength and muscle, will soon be back on the road just rest up and revert to other exercises
    RIAC