closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hoverboards

Master

Hoverboards

Hi

Our son is very keen to buy a hoverboard and is willing to spend his own money to get one.

Has anyone here bought one?? He's found a site called hoverboardabc.co.uk - anyone used them??

Looking for some real-world experiences if possible. Don't want him to waste his money (and my time).

On a side note, what is a good way to check out a site that you haven't bought from before??

Thanks.
    Last edited by bambam; 18th July 2018 at 11:16.

Craftsman
    That site appears to have only been on the go since this year, which would put me off. I wonder if the Uk Segboards website is a safer bet? I try and find companies with Trust Pilot reviews and suchlike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    That site appears to have only been on the go since this year, which would put me off. I wonder if the Uk Segboards website is a safer bet? I try and find companies with Trust Pilot reviews and suchlike.
    That's what I mean. They have a few reviews on Trust Pilot, mostly positive, but only a handful really.

If they board goes wrong, needs fixing etc. then I know he'll be gutted if it turns out to be a waste of his money. That's why I thought I'd see if there was somewhere with a good reputation to buy from.

If you google WHOIS you will find services that show you how long the domain be registered and where they are based.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Have bought from these guys:-

https://bluefinhoverboard.com

The boards were among the best when I researched them and both pre and post sale service from them has been excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Have bought from these guys:-

https://bluefinhoverboard.com

The boards were among the best when I researched them and both pre and post sale service from them has been excellent.
    That is great. We were looking at them earlier. Good to have a personal recommendation. Have you been happy with the board overall?

Also, what are the key things to look out for??

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    That is great. We were looking at them earlier. Good to have a personal recommendation. Have you been happy with the board overall?

Also, what are the key things to look out for??
    Yes, 100% happy - good battery life and good build quality of the hoverboard itself.

I ended up buying the All Terrain version because both were gifts and I knew they would be used outside more than in. The All Terrain are a little more sturdy, have larger wheels and rain proof - far better for trail and off-road. With that said, I have seen their standard versions and they are also excellent but really are best for use inside and on pavement, in fair weather.

I’m in Italy at the moment, Something interesting i commented on today is that they sell Kawasaki branded boards here, that must mean they have resolved the reliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I’m in Italy at the moment, Something interesting i commented on today is that they sell Kawasaki branded boards here, that must mean they have resolved the reliability issues.
    My understanding is that the batteries were the issue, in particular, cheap poorly made batteries. Like any lipo battery, they can catch on fire. The problem seemed to come from inexpensive hover boards coming onto the market, with the obvious cost saving measures that come with a rushed product at a low price point. Good board makers have used big name batteries - the link I gave uses Samsung batteries - and haven’t had issues as a result. For reference, the same lipo issues can be found in the RC world. Cheap, or damaged, lipo batteries are a fire hazard, plain and simple.

My understanding is that the batteries were the issue, in particular, cheap poorly made batteries. Like any lipo battery, they can catch on fire. The problem seemed to come from inexpensive hover boards coming onto the market, with the obvious cost saving measures that come with a rushed product at a low price point. Good board makers have used big name batteries - the link I gave uses Samsung batteries - and haven’t had issues as a result. For reference, the same lipo issues can be found in the RC world. Cheap, or damaged, lipo batteries are a fire hazard, plain and simple.
    My point was that Kawasaki are a big name and wouldn’t associate themselves with a dodgy technology

Yes, 100% happy - good battery life and good build quality of the hoverboard itself.

I ended up buying the All Terrain version because both were gifts and I knew they would be used outside more than in. The All Terrain are a little more sturdy, have larger wheels and rain proof - far better for trail and off-road. With that said, I have seen their standard versions and they are also excellent but really are best for use inside and on pavement, in fair weather.
    Hi friend, I also want to suggest another Hoverboard that designed by Italy, Lamborghini hoverboard, it is co-branding product of Lamborghini & Twodots. It has a large platform and 8.5" tires.It's more natural and effortless than the traditional rotate,and adults can play well too. And, This Lamborghini hover board has Built-In Bluetooth Speaker and LEDs light up the rider path, It makes it beautiful and cool, very good outstanding sound quality. Take a look at the Lamborghini Hoverboard from here:
    https://asiwo.com/red-lamborghini-ho...-400w-app.html

Bluefin are good ...
    I’m 99.9% certain one of the bluefin boards is this one rebranded
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153231923548

We initially bought one from Argos which was absolute rubbish
    Then we bought the above and it’s brilliant,My daughter uses it with a cart

Just looked on bluefin website and it looks like they don’t sell the 8.5 “ all terrain board no longer

I still stand by my comments on the eBay board though ,It’s very good with good battery life
    Last edited by speedypro1111; 11th June 2019 at 08:40.

Oh dear ....
    And now I’ve just realised I’ve replied to a thread started nearly a year ago
    A thread someone has brought to life to pump his own goods also
    Sorry 😐