closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch design software

Watch design software

Hi guys i'm interested in design my own watch, just as a bit of fun to see what monstrosities i can come out with, but after Googling and searching i haven't found anything that's easy to download and use, does anyone know of any good programs? and what program does Eddie use to design his watches and get the design spec drawings after?

This is Eddie's software, pen and scrap of paper... all great designs start like this though!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

As is usual with all my watches, this one started out as a rough sketch:

I discussed it with Chris and he just filled in a couple of the finer details :lol: .

Eddie

I think Chris Parker is the man to ask on this subject. Would be interested to hear the answer as well...

Master
    SketchUp is a free, very easy to use, 3D CAD package.

I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

Below is an illustration created in Illustrator:

When I'm happy with the design I bring the illustration into photoshop where I add some highlights, shadows, background and in this instance detail and texture to the strap.

Below is a the Photoshopped version:

When Eddie's happy with the design the drawing/visuals are handed over to Roland Kemmner (the manufacturer) who then creates the detailed technical specification CAD drawings before production.

Quote Originally Posted by dougjim8 View Post
    Hi guys i'm interested in design my own watch, just as a bit of fun to see what monstrosities i can come out with, but after Googling and searching i haven't found anything that's easy to download and use, does anyone know of any good programs? and what program does Eddie use to design his watches and get the design spec drawings after?
    Very good, general purpose and AutoCad compatibile 2D CAD SW is DraftSight. And you can get it for free.
    http://www.3ds.com/products-services...ad-draftsight/

I'm using 3D modeling licenced SW for my professional work, but it's not easy to master and is in the price range of decent Submariner.
    If you do not need 3D, DraftSight is excelent solution.