closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A42/M42 Birmingham should I avoid this road tomorrow?

Master

A42/M42 Birmingham should I avoid this road tomorrow?

Hi guys

I have to go to an end of year sales meeting at a hotel in Cheltenham I am travelling from York and I remember last time when I used it it was horrendous with a 50mph limit for fracking miles, it was a few years ago since I used it but knowing how crap our workmen are is it to be avoided and if so which way would I go

many thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    Depends what time you go. I will go through about 9.30 so unless an accident all should be clear. If you go through before 7am also clear. The two hours between 7 and 9 can be somewhat manic. There are no Roadworks at the moment from jun9 to Jun 3
    Last edited by hilly10; 4th April 2017 at 07:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Depends what time you go. I will go through about 9.30 so unless an accident all should be clear. If you go through before 7am also clear. The two hours between 7 and 9 can be somewhat manic. There are no Roadworks at the moment from jun9 to Jun 3
    Hi mate I will be leaving home at around 7.30am so I assume I will be hitting it after 9.00am is it still undergoing roadworks or are they finished as I remember they went on for miles and miles!

Download waze on your phone and tell it what time you want to get there for. For a big meeting like that I usually allow 45 mins extra.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Download waze on your phone and tell it what time you want to get there for. For a big meeting like that I usually allow 45 mins extra.
    Thanks I will have a look at that.

I always avoid it when there's something on at the NEC.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I always avoid it when there's something on at the NEC.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie I wonder is there another way to go maybe going further south on the M1 and avoiding the A/M42

You could have a look at A38>M5.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    You could have a look at A38>M5.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie I will have a look.

Master
    The other alternative I used to use when I worked in Gloucester and I was bored of the normal M42/M5 route was M1/M69/A46 which can quite often be quite quiet other than the M1/M69 junction which requires a bit of bravery to late lane change.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Thanks Eddie I will have a look.
    M5 is a No No Roadworks Jun1 to 4 Roadworks and getting through M5 / M6 Jun is a nightmare.

I came through the M42 Jun 9 to 6 at 9.30 this morning it's was clear with no problems.

Master
    M5 is a No No Roadworks Jun1 to 4 Roadworks and getting through M5 / M6 Jun is a nightmare.

I came through the M42 Jun 9 to 6 at 9.30 this morning it's was clear with no problems.
    Ahh ok that sounds good, I am going to a hotel in south cerney and I think it does take inthe M5!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    The other alternative I used to use when I worked in Gloucester and I was bored of the normal M42/M5 route was M1/M69/A46 which can quite often be quite quiet other than the M1/M69 junction which requires a bit of bravery to late lane change.

That does look like a pretty direct route plus I can stay on the M1 for quite a long way until I can get the M69 is it better to stay on the A46 after the M69 rather than the A429 which would take me to south cerney?

That does look like a pretty direct route plus I can stay on the M1 for quite a long way until I can get the M69 is it better to stay on the A46 after the M69 rather than the A429 which would take me to south cerney?

I'd avoid the A46 like the plague

M42 is fine
    So is M5

If it's busy they open up hard shoulder

However
    It's not at that time

A46 a shockervwith suicide island area still shocking with the new inderpass

Master
    I've always found the A429 to be quite a good route but not sure what it's like at the moment but can't be any worse than M42/M5 which is either speed limited or average camera'd all the way and you'll be lucky to average 50mph in the rush hour.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ahh ok that sounds good, I am going to a hotel in south cerney and I think it does take inthe M5!!!!
    Yes but you join at Jun 4 after the Roadworks.

Master
    Yes but you join at Jun 4 after the Roadworks.

Thanks for that and all the help help guys I am off this morning so let's see :)