closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros 2020

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Yes it's a vague term used when someone can't give a specific explanation based on the actual incident.

I've watched hundreds of league 1 & 2 games so I've seen my fair share of pyhsical football and if a player is on a run and the defender just runs into them with no attempt to play the ball, preventing them from continuing their run with the ball, that is a clear foul.
    You're convinced it was a foul.
    That's fine.
    The wider world doesn't agree and that's fine too.
    Settle yourself down and enjoy the build up.
    Let's hope there's no more diving from both teams tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Lol, it’s Italy, there’ll be more diving than an Olympic 10m!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Lol, it’s Italy and England, there’ll be more diving than an Olympic 10m!
    Fixed that for you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Not true. The ref can award a goal for example and VAR can overturn it.

Hahahaha, TZUK, the gift that keeps on giving.
    Why have a ref if someone can overturn his devision? VAR is a referee ASSISTANT, not replacement. Nobody can undo the refs decision apart from the FA or UEFA via written appeal, and it very rarely happens.

In the case of the Denmark march VAR was only called in to see if a serious error had occurred with the refs decision. It hadn't.

Why are we still talking about this? It's done. Shall we go back and re-hash a load of other incidents we are unqualified to critique?

Ouch!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

She’d get it.

Yes it's a vague term used when someone can't give a specific explanation based on the actual incident.

I've watched hundreds of league 1 & 2 games so I've seen my fair share of pyhsical football and if a player is on a run and the defender just runs into them with no attempt to play the ball, preventing them from continuing their run with the ball, that is a clear foul.
    Moot. 2 balls on the pitch right next to where play was taking place. Should have stopped the game by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Moot. 2 balls on the pitch right next to where play was taking place. Should have stopped the game by the rules.

No, it's ready been covered. The rule is that play only has to be stopped if the 2nd ball is interfering with play. The extra ball had been there an little while, it was stationary and didn't affect Denmark in any way during Sterling's run.

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I’m sure Hood will appreciate this.

https://youtu.be/_-8C09gRot8

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Hahahaha, TZUK, the gift that keeps on giving.
    Why have a ref if someone can overturn his devision? VAR is a referee ASSISTANT, not replacement. Nobody can undo the refs decision apart from the FA or UEFA via written appeal, and it very rarely happens.

In the case of the Denmark march VAR was only called in to see if a serious error had occurred with the refs decision. It hadn't.

Why are we still talking about this? It's done. Shall we go back and re-hash a load of other incidents we are unqualified to critique?

So if a ref awards awards a goal, and VAR tells him it was offside, the ref can decide to stick with his original decision. I think not. In which case surely the VAR has overruled the ref?

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    You're convinced it was a foul.
    That's fine.
    The wider world doesn't agree and that's fine too.
    Settle yourself down and enjoy the build up.
    I too thought it was a dubious penalty after the game but had only seen the camera angles shown on TV. The rest of the world is basing their opinion on the same angles. A lot of Danish fans are a still claiming there was no contact.

When I saw the other angle that VAR had avaliable and that would have been close to the ref's view, my opinion completely changed. This video is tucked away on twitter and you tube so most of the rest of the world hasn't seen this and for many of those that have it doesn't fit the narrative they want to believe because it's Sterling and England.

Lineker is now telling it like it is and he knows a quite a bit about penalties.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...y-24492286.amp

Anyway I agree it's time to move on, I look forward to the game even though I consider Italy as favourites. I hope to be able to enjoy the occasion and achievement regardless of the result.

Enjoy the game too (but hopefully not the result)!

Blog Entries
    Anyone else moved on from the Denmark game? No, only me? Can't wait for tomorrow night, there'll be drama for sure but let's all enjoy it.

So if a ref awards awards a goal, and VAR tells him it was offside, the ref can decide to stick with his original decision. I think not. In which case surely the VAR has overruled the ref?
    https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/prot...tant-referees/

• The VAR team will check all match-changing situations, but will only intervene for clear and obvious mistakes. The referee can hold up play while a decision is being reviewed.
    • If the VAR review provides clear evidence for a serious mistake in one of the game-changing situations, the VAR can then ask the referee to conduct an on-field review. The final decision can only be taken by the referee.
    • The VAR is also able to take into account any infringement that could have taken place in the immediate build-up to the incident (the attacking phase of play).
    • For 'factual' decisions (e.g. offsides, fouls in or outside the penalty area), the VAR can simply inform the referee of those facts and the on-field view screen isn't needed, but it is always the referee who takes the final decision.
    • The on-field review process will be communicated within the stadium using either the stadium screens or the public announcement system.

Craftsman
    BBC or ITV?

Matterface and Dixon don't cut it so BBC for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    BBC or ITV?

All else aside, adverts are enough to do it for me, beeb all the way.

BBC or ITV?

I partly blame ITVs shoddy coverage for the penalty controversy so I'll definitely be watching BBC.

BBC or ITV?

BBC. Not chavvy ITV thank you very much..

Master
    I’m sure Hood will appreciate this.

https://youtu.be/_-8C09gRot8
    Not bad Andy.

If we’d have been on bbc in the first place, we’d have won in normal time.

Wouldn’t trust Itv to broadcast tiddlywinks

Malc

I partly blame ITVs shoddy coverage for the penalty controversy so I'll definitely be watching BBC.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Anyone else moved on from the Denmark game? No, only me? Can't wait for tomorrow night, there'll be drama for sure but let's all enjoy it.
    I have. It was a great game, two equally matched teams, but one has to win and I'm happy in the knowledge that the referee and the chaps behind the VAR know far more about football than me.

I normally only watch international games, so I'm really rather looking forward to tonight.

Come on ING-UR-LAND!

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    All else aside, adverts are enough to do it for me, beeb all the way.
    Same reason for me.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

The Euros 2020

To avoid the BBC Scotland or STV commentaries I play the 5 Live radio and mute the TV. Sometimes requires syncing by pausing the screen for a couple of seconds

BBC all the way for me.
    Good luck to both teams but I’m going for 2-1 England.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    To avoid the BBC Scotland or STV commentaries I play the 5 Live radio and mute the TV. Sometimes requires syncing by pausing the screen for a couple of seconds
    If you watch the game via iPlayer, you can select the 5 Live commentary as one of the audio sources.

I just want to wish everyone a very happy footballing evening whoever you support/want to win.

Whatever the outcome hopefully people will remember that it’s just a game and entertainment for the masses. It does not define countries nor it’s populations.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/prot...tant-referees/

• The VAR team will check all match-changing situations, but will only intervene for clear and obvious mistakes. The referee can hold up play while a decision is being reviewed.
    • If the VAR review provides clear evidence for a serious mistake in one of the game-changing situations, the VAR can then ask the referee to conduct an on-field review. The final decision can only be taken by the referee.
    • The VAR is also able to take into account any infringement that could have taken place in the immediate build-up to the incident (the attacking phase of play).
    • For 'factual' decisions (e.g. offsides, fouls in or outside the penalty area), the VAR can simply inform the referee of those facts and the on-field view screen isn't needed, but it is always the referee who takes the final decision.
    • The on-field review process will be communicated within the stadium using either the stadium screens or the public announcement system.
    So VAR can overturn a ref decision, whoever the ref can choose to ignore it. Got it!

Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't really follow football but I heard that one of the Italian players is immobile, so that must help England's chances.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Haha - spot on hhhh

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Saying it's never a penalty but not giving an explanation is pretty much the definition of having your cake and eating it. Again why is Jensen's "tackle" not a foul, please explain?
    Seriously? Laws of the Game and explanations for why it wasn't have been quoted at length.

Not once person has been able to explain why Jensen's "tackle" isn't a foul since I shared this footage.

Maybe you can help?

https://twitter.com/KevinDoyle1983/s...064010752?s=09

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

All I know is that this thread should have been a celebration of England's success, and instead it's been ruined by a bunch of mean-spirited curmudgeons who don't even understand the laws of the game. Thanks very much.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Not once person has been able to explain why Jensen's "tackle" isn't a foul since I shared this footage.

Maybe you can help?

https://twitter.com/KevinDoyle1983/s...064010752?s=09

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Give it a rest. There are pages and pages of the same discussion rambling on. Let it drop.
    (And that isn’t just you...that’s all of you)

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Give it a rest. There are pages and pages of the same discussion rambling on. Let it drop.
    Quite, they'll be another set of controversies to argue about after this evening.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    All I know is that this thread should have been a celebration of England's success, and instead it's been ruined by a bunch of mean-spirited curmudgeons who don't even understand the laws of the game. Thanks very much.
    Just thinking the same...good job TZ was around in 1966 or 55 years later we would be still arguing if the ball crossed the line.

Anyway 2-1 to England is my prediction.

Whilst I hope I’m wrong, I predict 1-0 to Italy

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    55 years later we would be still arguing if the ball crossed the line.
    Well we know it didn't.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

https://youtu.be/o1eFjE8AFQ8

Craftsman
    For me the only Italian that would get into the England team is the keeper.
    It all comes down to Southgate, does he send them out to play, or stop the Italians from playing.
    Go big or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Looking forward to the final now but am avoiding any of the build up - don’t wanna get swept up in the optimism as I do worry we will come up just short (it is England after all). And a pessimist is never disappointed!

Got to go to be at work for 7.30 in the morning so can’t even numb the nerves with too much beer. It’s gonna be tense. Come on England

Hear hear Tone!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Spot on about the pineapple.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

So VAR can overturn a ref decision, whoever the ref can choose to ignore it. Got it!
    Its not difficult to understand, if the ref gets it wrong the VAR won’t overrule it, they’ll advise but the end decision is still the refs.

Overwhelming proof that England will win tonight. Sorry to spoil the anticipation but scientific evidence cannot be ignored;

https://www.bild.de/video/clip/sport...true.bild.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well we know it didn't.

Well it did, because the history books say so. Just as it shows that Lampard’s didn’t.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Well it did, because the history books say so. Just as it shows that Lampard’s didn’t.
    Show me a history book which says that Lampard's shot was not a goal.

You know what a book is, right? The sort of thing which Nietzsche wrote.

[...]

Well, never mind.

I think that's a bit below the belt Tony. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't understand the laws of the game.