closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eterna-Matic Kontiki

Eterna-Matic Kontiki

The watch came with a mesh bracelet that was too big for my slim wrist, so a couple of 'after market' bracelet's.........

Beads of Rice

Mesh

No picture, but considering a black Nato with single yellow stripe down the middle.

Question is, which one? I think I am liking the mesh more after wearing it on the beads of rice for a good while, however I am still tempted to try the nato....

I’m a big fan of beads of rice but for me the mesh suits the case better.
    Keith

I would say NATO but these are quite a top heavy watch and they move about a bit on a NATO (I have the similar ScubaPro 500)
    I tried every strap type until I settled on a vintage ladder type rubber strap.
    I am not much of a fan of either mesh or beads of rice straps as I find them a bit fussy, that’s my issue though as I am boring.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 9th June 2021 at 13:50.

Bring it to a proper watchmaker. They can measure and cut the mesh to your wrist size. That mesh is worth the extra work (it's awesome!)

This is a watch that looks great on pretty much everything. Very versatile

2017-06-10 13.35.21 by ataripower, on Flickr

2018-01-16 12.17.38 by ataripower, on Flickr

Shame the original bracelet is not good for you as it really works with the watch

Have you tried to get a shorter shark-mesh? It does rather look better with it. Terrific watch by the way. I remember the originals. These updates look so good!!!
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Shame the original bracelet is not good for you as it really works with the watch
    The original bracelet is so good it feels wrong for me to get it cut in any way, hence playing with alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Have you tried to get a shorter shark-mesh? It does rather look better with it. Terrific watch by the way. I remember the originals. These updates look so good!!!
    I think I may have an old shark mesh, I will have to dig it out & perhaps give it a try (provided its the correct size). I guess the shark mesh would look closest to the original.

Very nice! Is it vintage or the reissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Very nice! Is it vintage or the reissue?
    The reissue, but its still a cracking watch, an 'icon' in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    The reissue, but its still a cracking watch, an 'icon' in my opinion.
    It’s a faithful reissue of the original. I believe it might be tad bigger than the vintage?

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    It’s a faithful reissue of the original. I believe it might be tad bigger than the vintage?
    Yes, reissue is 44 mm. Wish it was 42 mm and the lume better, otherwise a great watch.