closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a gold sovereign in London

Master
    Blog Entries

Buying a gold sovereign in London

After advice of where to buy a gold sovereign on the hurry up - as in today - in or around London.

Thanks

I am sure you will be spoiled for choice in Hatton Garden.

As said HG is good - try Hatton Garden Metals, 11 St Cross Street, EC1N 8UB. Their prices on Sovs are not bad.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to both.
    Found one with a significant year on it for the recipient.
    Used A place next to the Savoy. ATS?

As an aside, first time I’ve driven into London in about 20 years. Last time for 20 years to I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Thanks to both.
    Found one with a significant year on it for the recipient.
    Used A place next to the Savoy. ATS?

As an aside, first time I’ve driven into London in about 20 years. Last time for 20 years to I hope!
    I’m only 14 miles from Charing X and the last time I drove in I got hit with a a ULEZ fine.

With the congestion charge and ULEZ for my big old diesel car, I think it’s about £25 if I want to drive into town.

I don’t think I’ll ever drive into London again.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I’m only 14 miles from Charing X and the last time I drove in I got hit with a a ULEZ fine.

With the congestion charge and ULEZ for my big old diesel car, I think it’s about £25 if I want to drive into town.

I think thats the idea .
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master

You missed the parking surcharge for Diesel engines.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 15th October 2020 at 23:09.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’d never drive by choice. But I’m not getting on a train at the moment.
    Best bit was, I found on street parking. A bay about 5cm longer than my car. Squeezed in and paid for two hours - over a tenner - and go about my day. When I get back, it appears the cars in front are in bays, the cars behind are in bays, and I’ve parked on a little bit of yellow line, inexplicably put half way down. So got a parking ticket 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I’ve parked on a little bit of yellow line, inexplicably put half way down. So got a parking ticket 😂
    I feel your pain. Absolutely drives me up the wall. It is like a war on motorists.

TfL especially p1ss me off. Cameras everywhere. Yellow box junctions, no right turns, ULEZ etc I’ve had them all.

The are like a junta with no mercy. Always reject appeals and then tell you that you forfeit the 50% reduction if you go to independent appeal.

If I ever have power I will see that TfL are well and truly annihilated.

They are basically the London mafia hiding behind traffic law, half of which they created.

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. Absolutely drives me up the wall. It is like a war on motorists.

TfL especially p1ss me off. Cameras everywhere. Yellow box junctions, no right turns, ULEZ etc I’ve had them all.

The are like a junta with no mercy. Always reject appeals and then tell you that you forfeit the 50% reduction if you go to independent appeal.

If I ever have power I will see that TfL are well and truly annihilated.

They are basically the London mafia hiding behind traffic law, half of which they created.
    You could always try not breaking the law or the rules. Old fashioned idea I know.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    You could always try not breaking the law or the rules. Old fashioned idea I know.
    Like the time I stopped on a yellow box junction that was so worn away I couldn’t tell it was a yellow box junction.

TfL fined me anyway, then rejected my appeal. A bit of online research told me they had their hand slapped over multiple fines for the same yellow box junction, because they where told to stop fining until they painted the box.

I had to go to the ombudsman to appeal risking my 50% discount, so I had £160 on the line.

Ombudsman found in my favour. Not me breaking the rules pal.

Blog Entries
    Like the time I stopped on a yellow box junction that was so worn away I couldn’t tell it was a yellow box junction.

TfL fined me anyway, then rejected my appeal. A bit of online research told me they had their hand slapped over multiple fines for the same yellow box junction, because they where told to stop fining until they painted the box.

I had to go to the ombudsman to appeal risking my 50% discount, so I had £160 on the line.

Ombudsman found in my favour. Not me breaking the rules pal.
    Well you did break the rules 'pal'. You aren't allowed to stop on a yellow box junction. The fact the paint was worn away allowed you to get off on a technicality.

Sounds like you just don't like rules to me.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Well you did break the rules 'pal'. You aren't allowed to stop on a yellow box junction. The fact the paint was worn away allowed you to get off on a technicality.

Sounds like you just don't like rules to me.
    Go away. You are a bore.

It comes to something when people PM you and tell you to ignore that idiot.

Blog Entries
    Go away. You are a bore.

It comes to something when people PM you and tell you to ignore that idiot.
    Suits me.

I can probably guess who.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 16th October 2020 at 21:08.

Master

I drove into London last December for a long weekend with the missus. We stopped at a hotel in Belsize Park and found the route in off the M40 a breeze and parking for two nights at the hotel reasonable enough. I liked that we had ample room for luggage and room to take various goodies back (we did a bit of Christmas shopping) and when we had enough just hopped in the car and tootled off home... honestly even though the train is fairly easy for us, I really enjoyed the change by driving in and despite the cost of ULEZ and Congestion Charging AND parking, I would do it again!