closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmac View Post
    What integrated bars should I be looking at then?
    Keep the ones you have. You could take the PRO labelling off. A bit of acetone or sandpaper and a bit of clear would solve that. The FSA post is a little harder as even if you strip it bare it's still a bit fugly. Functional but has no elegance to it. Not having a real go. Principally that the labelling on the bar/stem combo is a bit loud (and clearly advertises a breach of the Euro rules). Rest of the bike is fine. I have two TFZeros, so know a little about what works with them aesthetically.

They are as good or better than Colnago C59/C60 so a bit of care is needed to satisfy the style police.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusIrae View Post
    Keep the ones you have. You could take the PRO labelling off. A bit of acetone or sandpaper and a bit of clear would solve that. The FSA post is a little harder as even if you strip it bare it's still a bit fugly. Functional but has no elegance to it. Not having a real go. Principally that the labelling on the bar/stem combo is a bit loud (and clearly advertises a breach of the Euro rules). Rest of the bike is fine. I have two TFZeros, so know a little about what works with them aesthetically.

They are as good or better than Colnago C59/C60 so a bit of care is needed to satisfy the style police.
    You're right of course, and I've noted previously your bikes so know where you're coming from! This is in fact my third Fondriest. I also rode with the man and spent a couple of days with him in Cape Town along with a couple of mates last year - riding up and down Chapmans Peak for a post hangover (yes, he can be persuaded to drink!) breakfast one day! I like the idea of the acetone. what do you mean by the "clear"? If I can do that it would be ideal and then yes, I'd change to a 3T stealth post.

You have a nice bike. Treat it well with an Enve cockpit. It's not measurably better than any other, but looks far nicer.

I don't even know why I have a carbon bar and stem. I promised myself I wouldn't buy carbon there again after my Richey kit broke.

But the Enve stuff was too nice...

Banned
    I suggest looking at the road rather than your handlebars but thats just me...