closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Agree, it's a rebel stock. A stock for rebels with an unclear/confused cause.

I completely disagree that many more will come. I will go even as far as saying that AMC is the last real one, there will be other attempts at triggering something like it, and plain pumps/dumps for profit, but there will never again be a concerted global effort like this one.
    I disagree this will be the last.

Social media, contempt of financial institutions (bail outs, pensions etc). Poor are getting poorer!

They’ve had a taste of blood, more will come. It will only grow in numbers. It’s a rebellion after all.

Smart people are using the mob!

Volatility is an investors opportunity, regardless of the truth.
    Last edited by Chinnock; 4th June 2021 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    I disagree this will be the last.

Social media, contempt of financial institutions (bail outs, pensions etc). Poor are getting poorer!

They’ve had a taste of blood, more will come. It will only grow in numbers. It’s a rebellion after all.

Smart people are using the mob!

Volatility is an investors opportunity, regardless of the truth.
    Well, we shall see.

I expect plenty of megaphones to declare that they are the ambassadors for 'the people' and looking to make a pretty penny on that. Just look at politics, the same happened there: populists coming into power and doing nothing but grifting and screwing over the people who put them in power. Just wait, most of the reddit investors will lose their shirts and that's the end of it.

Just look at it as a game of poker. Yes you can come in and simply ignore the accepted rules and just go all-in every round. Trouble is, it will take the pros only a very short time to adjust and then they will rip your face off. Never underestimate the suits, they are very good at what they are doing. They will take every penny from the WSB crowd. Every single penny.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well, we shall see.

I expect plenty of megaphones to declare that they are the ambassadors for 'the people' and looking to make a pretty penny on that. Just look at politics, the same happened there: populists coming into power and doing nothing but grifting and screwing over the people who put them in power. Just wait, most of the reddit investors will lose their shirts and that's the end of it.

Just look at it as a game of poker. Yes you can come in and simply ignore the accepted rules and just go all-in every round. Trouble is, it will take the pros only a very short time to adjust and then they will rip your face off. Never underestimate the suits, they are very good at what they are doing. They will take every penny from the WSB crowd. Every single penny.
    Based on what happened with GME, yes the “suits” clearly have powerful allies.

Nevertheless,

Volatility = Opportunity..........regardless of what’s true.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the rebels will run out of money soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I think the rebels will run out of money soon.
    Yes.

And guess where their money will end up? With the hedge funds and the market makers. Trickling up, same as it's ever been.

Here's Ken Griffin counting his profit:

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I keep reading that the long term real return after inflation (assuming dividends are reinvested) of the S&P500 is around 7%. Obviously some years much higher and some years much lower but that's what the real return seems to be.

What are the thoughts on whether that trend will continue over the next 20 or so years? Crystal ball time I know

Another good day for Oust. Apparently they are expecting stock to be added to the Russell 2000 Index on June 25 as part of the annual reconstitution for the US small-cap equities index.
    Last edited by Caruso; 7th June 2021 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I keep reading that the long term real return after inflation (assuming dividends are reinvested) of the S&P500 is around 7%. Obviously some years much higher and some years much lower but that's what the real return seems to be.

What are the thoughts on whether that trend will continue over the next 20 or so years? Crystal ball time I know
    Well if that's the average and (according to my understanding) the last decade has seen a much higher rate, I'd say we're in for a lean patch. I thinks we've had it a bit too good for a bit too long. Still hope I'm wrong though!