closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ Sales Corner & Corona Virus

Master
    Blog Entries

TZ Sales Corner & Corona Virus

What do you guys think is going to happen on what is always a busy Forum, are people going to stop buying, are people going to sell to provide funds. I just hope no one takes advantage of any member in holding out for a rock bottom price. This is uncharted territory for all of us, I just hope we all do the right thing by each other. Stay safe fellow TZ people

Master
    I’m sure as usual the sharks are circling, I’ve just bought something I really want at a good price but it’ll be back up at that price if I don’t get on with it.

That’s what we have the forum police for though, inevitably some innocents will be caught in the cross fire but for the vast part we should all be ok I think

Have noticed a lot more sales posts lately though, might just be me though, trying to find something interesting for the fundraiser at the moment so all hope is not lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    On the up side of the price curve there are few sellers and many buyers. On the down side however the buyers are few, and it may be the case a seller might be happy to have any buyer at all, if liquidity is what is urgently needed.

If it's okay for 'the market' to say some watch now sells at 100% over retail - and it's also okay to ask for and get that profit - it must also be okay for the watch to take a 50% haircut back down to retail, or even below. That's always a clear risk when marking something up beyond what it's available for new.

Master
    I suspect when the virus really starts to bite, trading for hobby items will just be suspended until it blows over. No selling and no buying which should result in nothing happening.

Just suspend everything and concentrate on keeping you family in good health.

Blog Entries
    Probably been said elsewhere but very soon it will difficult to travel to pickup any pieces. Third party insurance is available for postal services, but perhaps we should keep postal services open for essential deliveries? More on topic I think we have reasonable natures both as buyers and sellers -

I guess watches could be moving into a bear market though, like many things these days. I think many of us have more pressing worries.

If anyone is really suffering financially I would hope we could help each other out.

GLWTS.

I picked up a grail watch today (Tritium 16600 Seadweller) really nice to meet Vince (Snoodles) and we observed our space which was fine but no hand shakes!!

Thing is this has now triggered me to sell several very nice watches, I want to list them up but is it worth it if we get locked down, some can be posted but I do prefer F2F especially the £2k+ watches as buyer can inspect and go away happy.. hmmm what to do??

Grand Master
    must admit i've been looking at my 16570 wondering if i should liquidate it as a short term fighting fund but i suspect that ship might have sailed now price wise.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I must say my visits to SC have been few and far between since the weekend.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I picked up a grail watch today (Tritium 16600 Seadweller) really nice to meet Vince (Snoodles) and we observed our space which was fine but no hand shakes!!

Thing is this has now triggered me to sell several very nice watches, I want to list them up but is it worth it if we get locked down, some can be posted but I do prefer F2F especially the £2k+ watches as buyer can inspect and go away happy.. hmmm what to do??

I know what you are saying, by the weekend we may be banned from travel long distance.

Could it perhaps work the other way where perhaps some guys have been holding back from buying but now think WTF I might be dead next month so buy now and enjoy for a while ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Could it perhaps work the other way where perhaps some guys have been holding back from buying but now think WTF I might be dead next month so buy now and enjoy for a while ?
    Id never adopt that attitude,rather any money I have the kids can have if I had to depart early.

The Coronavirus has certainly affected the sales corner, there is a lot less second hand clothes, shoes and half used bottles of aftershave being listed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I know what you are saying, by the weekend we may be banned from travel long distance.
    We are ​already banned from going outside - except to get food, health reasons or for essential work, for at least three weeks. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus and https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others

Perhaps for the sake of the community SC should be shutdown - for our mental health!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Perhaps for the sake of the community SC should be shutdown - for our mental health!
    Some people may need it to gain some sort of comfort in the knowledge that some funds will be coming in. In general I think we trust each other enough to be prepared to say funds now, watch physically transferred in four weeks time?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Some people may need it to gain some sort of comfort in the knowledge that some funds will be coming in. In general I think we trust each other enough to be prepared to say funds now, watch physically transferred in four weeks time?
    I certainly wouldn’t ask someone to pay me for something I wouldn’t be shipping for 4 weeks (or 4 months)

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I certainly wouldn’t ask someone to pay me for something I wouldn’t be shipping for 4 weeks (or 4 months)
    Post Offices will be open.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    And you are prepared to walk the streets, into a Post Office just to sell a watch. Sorry but the message has not sunk into your head. Stay in your house for the sake of other people who are more important than a watch.

Grand Master
    How about reverting to a swop shop till life returns to normal
    RIAC

Master
    Given the state of the economy and my own business I am definitely one of those thinking about selling, it’s just a watch and right now it really doesn’t seem important not to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    And you are prepared to walk the streets, into a Post Office just to sell a watch. Sorry but the message has not sunk into your head. Stay in your house for the sake of other people who are more important than a watch.
    The virus hasn't changed- if you keep a distance of 2m the droplets will fall to the ground, assuming you, or the person you are interacting with is infected at all. I am sure the PO would shut their counters if you could not safely post items.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    My point was in response to this comment...

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    .....In general I think we trust each other enough to be prepared to say funds now, watch physically transferred in four weeks time?

It’s a strange one for sure regarding the post office, yes they may be open but is it for the public to use for general posting, someone the other end has to make contact with another person to sign for it..

As I said previously, I have some big sales needed to counter a recent purchase, but I’m happy to hang on a few months rather than go driving and meeting up..

I can see this lockdown being enforced more strictly as the days go on, people will undoubtedly do what they want to do and force the government to bring in the law..
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 24th March 2020 at 10:02.

There'll be some new police powers within the next few days if not hours.

Just had this through from the Royal Mail -

We know how important Post Office branches are to our customers. And we, alongside our postmasters and branch colleagues are doing all that we can to keep our branches open, so that we can continue to provide our products and services to you and your communities.

At the moment, the majority of our branches are open as usual and our supply chain is running as normal. Our priority is to keep our customers, postmasters and colleagues safe and healthy. We have advised everyone working in our branches to practice good hand hygiene and we ask that our customers do the same, as well as maintaining a sensible distance between other customers and our colleagues.

We will keep you updated as the situation evolves. But please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to support our customers, communities, postmasters and colleagues through this challenging time.

Nick Read, Group Chief Executive Officer

So it looks like business as usual for them, but the restriction is more to yourself going out to the post office as posting a watch is not going to be classed as vital needs is it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Take a dog along.