closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 354 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 17668

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

A little retro loveliness that’s has a significance to me
    I'm baffled. Either Royal Enfield or Indian, but not aware that RE did hand shift (but did 2 stroke) or that Indian did 2 stroke (but did right handed shift) but inclined to go RE.

edit - got it: flying flea?
    Last edited by Stanford; 9th April 2019 at 10:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Totally accept all of that, Adrien - sadly I only had 45 minutes with the bike, though, and couldn’t get to any fast roads. I still found myself doing 70mph in 3rd gear without even realising, by the way, which was pretty telling in terms of power and delivery of that power.

I appreciate that I’m relatively new, but I had 10 years on bikes when I was younger, have owned a few 125s, a 250, the Street Twin and now the Triple. Inexperienced by some standards, certainly, but not a novice. And anyway, the only way to understand other bikes is to ride them.

Regardless of any of that, I’m loving every second on two wheels. Long may it continue.
    Good on you Tony! And it is clear you have previous biking experience. Don't let these things get you down, love your enthusiasm for riding, and keep on it!

PS - by the way, since you go to OYB often, you really need to ride the B4011 between Thame and the A41. That is a proper fast road that you can certainly push any bike hard and one of my faves.
    Last edited by spareparts; 9th April 2019 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Good on you Tony! And it is clear you have previous biking experience. Don't let these things get you down, love your enthusiasm for riding, and keep on it!

PS - by the way, since you go to OYB often, you really need to ride the B4011 between Thame and the A41. That is a proper fast road that you can certainly push any bike hard and one of my faves.
    Noted, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Am I being obtuse when I say “what is wrong with test riding?”
    No, you're not being obtuse.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with test riding.
    It is very important to test ride before you make your purchase.
    100% recommended.

However, 'test riders' that have no intention to purchase, are not in a position to purchase, or are without the means to purchase are freeloading lowlife.

Craftsman
    A Dealers View

Demo bikes are there to sell the product
    No one in there right mind would buy a bike without trying it first
    Thats why we have a demo fleet
    Joy riders (no intention or means of paying) we try to qualify first and weed out
    You have to remember that taking a bike out for a demo ride takes up not only the sales persons time but restricts other genuine buyers the opportunity to ride

People in the market will always be welcome to have a demo but we do this by appointment only (weeds out the time wasters)
    We also have a 100 % no to two mates taking out bikes together
    Regular customers are a bit different if they see a new model and want a test ride but are not in the market straight away its no problem plant a seed for later they will talk to there freinds etc
    In short its people turning up without prior contact and demanding test rides on multiple bikes they are a time wasting pain in the bum

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by scooby; 10th April 2019 at 18:50.

tbh i find it eye opening what some people think of others just because they would like to try something out they cant afford - some of the comments in here seem to put test driving/ riding something you are not going to buy in the same category as stealing a lolipop from a dying child.
    Last edited by pugster; 10th April 2019 at 18:03.

Quite simply, I’ll be in the market for another bike soon.
    When we get closer to a realistic date I’ll start calling around and booking test rides.
    I haven’t decided the type of bike I’ll get. At all.
    I will probably test ride between 5 and 10 at first. That will narrow down the choice.
    Then possibly a few more of the same type to make my final choice.
    I will explain what I am doing to every dealer I call.
    They are fully entitled to say no. I will not be offended.
    But I shall not buy a bike that I haven’t tested.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    ....the same category as stealing a lolipop from a dying child.
    Almost, but not quite....how about the same category as passing on a fake Rolex?
    I'm joking of course, but some folk just have no scruples do they?

Craftsman
    I wish this part of the previously interesting thread would stop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, this thread is turning into one of the BP ‘debates’. Start another one if you want to argue about test rides.

On a more positive note, I’m going to see an LC 1200gs this weekend, after being taken in by one on the TZ ride out a couple of weeks ago. Intrigued to see how much better it is than my oil cooled. I’m going to be commuting a lot more by bike in the coming months.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    On a more positive note, I’m going to see an LC 1200gs this weekend, after being taken in by one on the TZ ride out a couple of weeks ago. Intrigued to see how much better it is than my oil cooled. I’m going to be commuting a lot more by bike in the coming months.
    I found the 1200 LC a massive step up from the aircooled. The 1250 just makes everything smoother and yet more refined, but for 50-75% more £££. My 1200LC has been Hilltopped and pulls well. Probably closer/same as the standard 1250.

Totally agree, this thread is turning into one of the BP ‘debates’. Start another one if you want to argue about test rides.
    Who's arguing?

Free loading wannbe's can carry on ripping the industry off...but those with a concience are less than impressed.
    I think you confuse a test ride with a joy ride.

I took a bike out with my mate for a jolly at a test ride event. Two BMW bikes.

We were both 28. I bought the bike.

I have a feeling in your dealership you wouldve lost a sale
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    A Dealers View

Demo bikes are there to sell the product
    No one in there right mind would buy a bike without trying it first
    Thats why we have a demo fleet
    Joy riders (no intention or means of paying) we try to qualify first and weed out
    You have to remember that taking a bike out for a demo ride takes up not only the sales persons time but restricts other genuine buyers the opportunity to ride

People in the market will always be welcome to have a demo but we do this by appointment only (weeds out the time wasters)
    We also have a 100 % no to two mates taking out bikes together
    Regular customers are a bit different if they see a new model and want a test ride but are not in the market straight away its no problem plant a seed for later they will talk to there freinds etc
    In short its people turning up without prior contact and demanding test rides on multiple bikes they are a time wasting pain in the bum

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Who's arguing?

Free loading wannbe's can carry on ripping the industry off...but those with a concience are less than impressed.
    I think you confuse a test ride with a joy ride.
    Be a good chap and drop it....👍

Off to the Raven tonight with a couple of mates......you fancy it??😎

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Ahh the Raven. Not been there this year yet, mind you its not been the weather until recently has it. Should be a good turn out if it stays sunny like this though. It is still a bit chilly however, a timely reminder we are still early spring.

I went to Barmouth last sunday, and even though the sun was up it was still quite cool. Enjoyed the run out though, first proper ride since last Oct ish. Not as many out as expected, but like I say, still early spring, a few more weeks and more bikers will venture out me thinks.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Ahh the Raven.
    This will be quite a nostalgic run for me.. I’m going with my best mate Mike, we used to ride thousands of miles together all over Europe and the U.K.. I gave up 20 years ago and have just come back to biking, Mike has ridden his whole life..

I’m really looking forward to riding with a lifelong friend again.. This is Mikes bike. He also has a 92 ZXR 750 which has been stored in my garage for the last 10 years or more. We’ll get around to restoring it one of these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    This will be quite a nostalgic run for me.. I’m going with my best mate Mike, we used to ride thousands of miles together all over Europe and the U.K.. I gave up 20 years ago and have just come back to biking, Mike has ridden his whole life..

I’m really looking forward to riding with a lifelong friend again.. This is Mikes bike. He also has a 92 ZXR 750 which has been stored in my garage for the last 10 years or more. We’ll get around to restoring it one of these days..

Lovely example of the bonding and friendship motorcycles can bring, aside from the sheer joy of riding!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    I took a bike out with my mate for a jolly at a test ride event. Two BMW bikes.

We were both 28. I bought the bike.

I have a feeling in your dealership you wouldve lost a sale

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Test ride events are a completely different thing
    You can have 7-8 bikes out together with a lead rider and a tail end rider from the dealership to keep the pace sensible
    My point was about joy riders

Just bought the Street Scrambler.

Pick up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

Pick up next week.
    Nice - which one did you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Nice - which one did you go for?
    Ah sorry, Triumph Street Scrambler. New one. So 65-ish BHP.

100 or so BHP shy of the Hayabusa I used to ride, but fun rather than awe inspiring.

Ah sorry, Triumph Street Scrambler. New one. So 65-ish BHP.

100 or so BHP shy of the Hayabusa I used to ride, but fun rather than awe inspiring.
    Such a nice bike - and so much more of a scrambler than those huge 1200s they’ve just started selling.

Master

Pick up next week.
    Sat on one at the Manchester bike show recently, felt really nice and I could flat foot it, major brownie points.

Enjoy

Steve

Master
    Just got back from the Raven.... most enjoyable.😎👍

Was there many there Enoch, I know it gets chocca in the summer, just wondering if its worth a pootle down next week...

Stuart

Master
    It was absolutely packed out Stuart...

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I found the 1200 LC a massive step up from the aircooled. The 1250 just makes everything smoother and yet more refined, but for 50-75% more £££. My 1200LC has been Hilltopped and pulls well. Probably closer/same as the standard 1250.
    Thanks, that’s good to know as I can’t justify a 1250, so if the LC is that much better should keep me happy for a bit!

Thanks, that’s good to know as I can’t justify a 1250, so if the LC is that much better should keep me happy for a bit!
    No experience on the AC but I had a 2017 GSA and now have a 2019 GSA. The 2019 is smoother and the GSAP is much improved. Probably not enough to justify but worth knowing if you find two which are the same style but different ages. Also the 2017 had more suspension options and softer settings.

Cheers, I’m not in a hurry so will keep an eye out, want to try a couple to get a feel for the different options.

Just booking my first foreign trip in a long time to the south of France. Feel the need for a new bike for it

2015 GSA rider here. The newer ones did get some improvements, but nothing massive before the 1250.

Personally, I’d want a new 1250 to make the most of it, or a slightly older 1200 like mine and spend a bit less. I couldn’t see myself paying a higher price for a year old 1200 now that it’s the “old” engine.

I’m on a 2009, so a lot more old tech than the newer 1200s I think! Annoyingly I may not have time this weekend to look now, but will be on it as soon as I can.

Master
    I love bikes (push bikes, electric push bikes, motorbikes) and scooters.

Unfortunately at 66 and two operations down the line my back is pretty well shot. I couldn't safely manoeuvre my 162 kgs Honda Forza 125 so today it went.

It was replaced my a smaller 107 kgs model which I think could be a bit of fun.

scooter

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post

Unfortunately at 66 and two operations down the line my back is pretty well shot. I couldn't safely manoeuvre my 162 kgs Honda Forza 125 so today it went.

scooter
    Love the Monkey. Have you seen what RoyalJordanian on YouTube has done to his?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Love the Monkey. Have you seen what RoyalJordanian on YouTube has done to his?
    I have indeed but think I will keep this one bog standard (well apart from the Dart flyscreen I fitted today...)

scooter

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post

scooter
    Lovely!!! You’ll have great fun on the Monkey :)

Master
    Thank you Tony.

Having never ridden a geared bike before, my first 6 mile journey was, shall we say, quite eventful.

scooter

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No experience on the AC but I had a 2017 GSA and now have a 2019 GSA. The 2019 is smoother and the GSAP is much improved. Probably not enough to justify but worth knowing if you find two which are the same style but different ages. Also the 2017 had more suspension options and softer settings.
    Cheers, I’m not in a hurry so will keep an eye out, want to try a couple to get a feel for the different options.

Just booking my first foreign trip in a long time to the south of France. Feel the need for a new bike for it
    The best 1200LC was the MY17 Euro4 edition - this had the improved GSAP, suspension, gearbox etc and has been the most refined/reliable of the 1200LCs. The later MY18 bikes suffered from the loose spokes if you had the spoked wheel option.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Sorry, but I never did understand test riding/driving with no intention to buy. Why?
    I did it on one bike then bought it.

Another bike I thought I would like/buy I didn’t after the test ride so didn’t.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Did anybody from here join us yesterday?the estimate is 22,000 bikes,scooters and even a mobility scooter plus foot soldiers at the HOP.
    A wide variety of bikes and styles.

The BBC blanked it,the police did us proud,the on lookers cheered us,the climate changers where bewildered,the banter was brilliant and everyone behaved.

The civilians who rode with us where made very welcome and very much appreciated.
    Some fried clutches,some got lost,some broke down but everyone said it went well.

One came from Germany and back that night,some did 15hour journeys or more,I never want to ride in London again but if needs must.

https://news.sky.com/video/biker-pro...V1vE056c00PKds

Colder than it looked today!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Certainly was.... most agreeable around N. Wales though.

I also went out for a bit of a blast today, literally seconds after getting back from football. Hadn’t been on the bike for a week - this Newcastle gig is killing me
    Last edited by learningtofly; 13th April 2019 at 19:40.

Had a quick scoot to Rivvy Barn earlier. It was cold, VERY cold, even with the heated grips on my fingers were feeling it. Hot dog and a brew warmed me up a tad, but not enough to go further to Southport with a few of the braver lads. Straight back home and into a hot bath to thaw me out.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Indeed.

I had a “track” day today at RAF Odiham. Very chilly at 165mph in vented leathers and wearing race gloves. Had to push hard to keep heat in the slicks.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

Uber cold day for me I had to put my bike up for sale !

Well it comes to us all , house move and then the fateful words from the boss. “ you will have to sell some of those bikes”

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...28#post5075828

Thanks for looking

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Well it comes to us all , house move and then the fateful words from the boss. “ you will have to sell some of those bikes”

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...28#post5075828

Thanks for looking

Steve
    You had to do that 4 days after I signed on the dotted to buy a new bike...

Master
    Well done to everyone on this, shame it’s blanked by the media - very unfair treatment for these soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Did anybody from here join us yesterday?the estimate is 22,000 bikes,scooters and even a mobility scooter plus foot soldiers at the HOP.
    A wide variety of bikes and styles.

The BBC blanked it,the police did us proud,the on lookers cheered us,the climate changers where bewildered,the banter was brilliant and everyone behaved.

The civilians who rode with us where made very welcome and very much appreciated.
    Some fried clutches,some got lost,some broke down but everyone said it went well.

One came from Germany and back that night,some did 15hour journeys or more,I never want to ride in London again but if needs must.

https://news.sky.com/video/biker-pro...V1vE056c00PKds

Bloody MOT's. Just realised mine is due today! Unfortunately they rarely tie in with your tax reminder as the road tax doesn't stay with the vehicle these days. Aaarggghhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Bloody MOT's. Just realised mine is due today! Unfortunately they rarely tie in with your tax reminder as the road tax doesn't stay with the vehicle these days. Aaarggghhh!
    I have a white board up in my office with tax, mot and insurance due dates for all the vehicles in the family.

I just have to remember to look at it occasionally!