closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not another Speedy Tuesday?

Just spotted that the Euro pricing is 6020 Euros which makes it well over £5,000?

I'd guess though that just like ST 1.0 it will be linked to CHF rather than Euro?

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    i just receive email at 11.30 to reserve on but they all gone!!omega are funny!!
    Yep, same. Though I emailed Omega directly first thing this morning. Not sure how much good that will do.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    The Ultraman lume is the letdown for me... looks more like a blob or an odd ghost.

Hadn't noticed that detail until now. That is pretty nasty, why of why Omega!?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Just spotted that the Euro pricing is 6020 Euros which makes it well over £5,000?

I'd guess though that just like ST 1.0 it will be linked to CHF rather than Euro?
    £4750 according to the Omega website.

Master
    Seems the boat has sailed...........

The Ultraman lume is the letdown for me... looks more like a blob or an odd ghost.

Agreed and to be honest it is putting me off it the longer I look at it. Not sure if I should cancel my order or not at the moment.

EDIT: The ultraman in the 9pm sub dial is only visible under UV light so not a big issue really.
    Last edited by sandman; 10th July 2018 at 12:39.

Master
    Website has crashed!

Doh, it's back up again!

After all the criticism of the last SpeedyTuesday launch I'd have expected them to do it differently this time, either by making it available immediately with online payment, or by taking names from everyone interested and doing a ballot. These seem to have gone again in 30 minutes, before half the world is awake.

Nice watch though, apart from the orange blob.

Master
    Anybody remember this email from Jan 1st this year?

Dear Speedy fan,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As a way of saying thank you for your support in 2017, we'd like to place you at the front of the queue for our exciting new Speedy to be released this year.

Whether you're a new owner, or on the waiting list, we know you're a passionate Speedy fan and you're going to love our 2018 edition.

Thank you again for supporting OMEGA this year.

I wish you, your family and friends a wonderful 2018.

Raynald Aeschlimann

Raynald Aeschlimann

OMEGA President and CEO
    What happened to that promise?!

Mind you, I don’t really like this Ultraman anyway, but that’s not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Anybody remember this email from Jan 1st this year?

What happened to that promise?!

Mind you, I don’t really like this Ultraman anyway, but that’s not the point.
    Did you get an email today?

Master
    I like it.. and managed to reserve #1555. However, I'm not sure yet if I prefer it to my Ltd Edition Rio MarkII speedy... which I'd potentially need to shift if I were to pick this up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    EDIT: The ultraman in the 9pm sub dial is only visible under UV light so not a big issue really.
    But we're watch people - we know it's there and the mere fact that you can't see is quite immaterial. And you can see it, in fact in every single picture of the dial on the Fratello website.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    The US is going to be annoyed again!
    Not all bad news then 🤣

Craftsman
    Waiting list again! Looks looks I’m not getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    There are an awful lot of people who work a lot of hours to earn a grand (me included). I'd love to be in a position where my hourly rate was £1000 per hour, or even a £1000 per day. But it isn't, so when an opportunity presents itself to make a £1k profit for buying and selling an item, which in real time probably equates to an hour of effort why not? Obviously we've a lot of mortgage free members where and additional thousand in the bank makes little difference to their lives, I'm not one of those. A grand to me could be; a short break, 4 tyres, a month less on the mortgage payments, 4 moths car payments and so on...

So for the sake of putting my email address in a waiting list form, I will.

As for the watch the needle second hand look like it could for a racing dial model.
    And good luck to you, I hope you can spare the almost £5k and can find someone silly enough to pay a premium for missing out on a mailing list because it's half full of speculators. Omega clearly know there's money to be made on these, wasn't the Speedy Tuesday £4,100?

I wasn't aware this watch was being launched today when I put on my Mk2 racing - fortunately I'm very happy with what I have! I must say though if this Ultraman wasn't a limited edition and cost £2k or so I'd be interested in one to own and wear. That's not really what Omega are about anymore though is it.

"A man of little significance"

Master
    Reserved mine. Was hoping to get same number as my ST1, unfortunately it was gone so I’ve got the next number up 👍🏻

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Did you get an email today?
    Yep, about 2 hrs after the launch. :-D

I was in process of reserving one and decided to mess about choosing a number. Before I knew it, I was back to Omega homepage and then could not get back in. Now on waiting list which I would be very surprise if this works out.

I am only buying to sell for a profit - sadly which will most likely be for the mortgage. I do like the watch however.

Missed out because the final button didnlt work. Ah well, my first Speedy will just have to wait a bit longer

Some of these comments criticising Omega are quite amusing. They just sold / pre sold 2012 £4,750 watches in 30 minutes! Strikes me as a decent business model. Are you lot smoking something?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Wow that looks cr@p!
    Even if only visible under UV you would still know it's there plus when not lit it looks like a dirty water mark on the dial.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Some of these comments criticising Omega are quite amusing. They just sold / pre sold 2012 £4,750 watches in 30 minutes! Strikes me as a decent business model. Are you lot smoking something?
    If anyone was smoking something they'd definitely have missed the reservation....

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    And good luck to you, I hope you can spare the almost £5k and can find someone silly enough to pay a premium for missing out on a mailing list because it's half full of speculators. Omega clearly know there's money to be made on these, wasn't the Speedy Tuesday £4,100?

I wasn't aware this watch was being launched today when I put on my Mk2 racing - fortunately I'm very happy with what I have! I must say though if this Ultraman wasn't a limited edition and cost £2k or so I'd be interested in one to own and wear. That's not really what Omega are about anymore though is it.
    I wasn't fast enough to the draw this time but for those who were I've no doubt they'll find silly enough buyers to pay the premium, after all that's the only way to buy a lot of new Swiss watches these days, and certainly not a tactic exclusive to Omega.

Yes the last SpeedyTuesday was £4100, but with the used market settling at around £5k they were never going to release a new model for much less than that.

Yours is cool though I like that. And agree if the Ultraman was a regular 2k model I'd be keen too.

Master
    Wonder when the first one appears on here? From an owner who sadly, can't bond with it

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    It's still an odd way of doing business though as they haven't yet received a penny of that cash, and if anything like last time they'll see it all in about 18 months or so, with sales people all over the globe chasing people up on lists. Omega have now added an online store to their website (for straps) so they have the facility to take an order, payment and manage shipping centrally - so instead of having 2012 offers to buy they could have £9m in the bank right now. That strikes me a better business model.

I went to the reserve screen and was offered 0085, but decided against it. I hope whoever got it instead will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Wow that looks cr@p!
    Even if only visible under UV you would still know it's there plus when not lit it looks like a dirty water mark on the dial.
    Thats the thing, even before I saw the UV version I thought what the hell is going on with that sub dial! Clearly visible at all points to sone extent.

Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    But we're watch people - we know it's there and the mere fact that you can't see is quite immaterial. And you can see it, in fact in every single picture of the dial on the Fratello website.
    I guess we'll just have to pretend it's water ingress which is what it looks like to me without UV.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    my Ltd Edition Rio MarkII speedy... which I'd potentially need to shift if I were to pick this up.
    Let me know if you do decide to sell. I am keen for one of these if I have the cash at the time.

Waiting list again, so glad Omega kept their promise of allowing us to the top of the queue in January. This must be why I got the reservation email 2 hours after the launch!

Now it’s all speculators rather than Speedy collectors and therefore I hope the value tanks!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Waiting list again, so glad Omega kept their promise of allowing us to the top of the queue in January. This must be why I got the reservation email 2 hours after the launch!

Now it’s all speculators rather than Speedy collectors and therefore I hope the value tanks!

I'm one of the genuine collectors who missed out on the first speedie Tuesday and watched all the dealers list their watch in the SC with a £1000 mark up and a sob story.

Hopefully my reservation comes through as I genuinely do like the latest version, and if I don't like it I'll do what everyone else has done and make up a jackanory story to justify my profit.

All together now:

'It's just another Speedy Tuesday,
    I wish it was Sunday
    'Cause that's my fun day
    My I don't have to run day
    It's just another Speedy Tuesday'

Craftsman

Omega Vs Rolex

As Omega announce another Speedmaster edition, God knows how many they will release next anniversary year! The difference between Omega and Rolex becomes ever more apparent with Omega relying on LE gimmicks to keep itself in the news and relevant, while Rolex seems to have embraced the purposeful lack of availabilty in conjunction with the multiple prices being asked on the Secondary market and the desire or desparation that has created, thus allowing them to remain the most sought after watch for many with no need to resort to gimmicks or fan boy wet dreams.

Craftsman

Japan racing

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I like it alot which I didn't expect as I never really understood the appeal of the original Ultraman other than it being so rare. When I saw the image of the red second hand I thought I was out, but this is almost a Japan Speedy Racing and looks great IMO.

I've reserved but the way things are I very much doubt I'll be able to go through with it. I will be hopeful though and see what happens when it comes around. Disappointed no bracelet again especially with the increased price over the ST.
    Would not be surprised if they were keeping bracelet models for the Anniversary launch next year and with the 60th trilogy speedamaster style case and bracelet within their production spec, a reissue of the original racing dial within that spec.surely on the horizon.

With the racing dial having made its debut in 1968, i was surprised it has not already been issued but i suppose there is a queue of LE's at the Omega marketing dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    As Omega announce another Speedmaster edition, God knows how many they will release next anniversary year! The difference between Omega and Rolex becomes ever more apparent with Omega relying on LE gimmicks to keep itself in the news and relevant, while Rolex seems to have embraced the purposeful lack of availabilty in conjunction with the multiple prices being asked on the Secondary market and the desire or desparation that has created, thus allowing them to remain the most sought after watch for many with no need to resort to gimmicks or fan boy wet dreams.
    Omega have always offered tons of variations, that's why there are so many re-editions now. And Rolex are no better, they just put a Tudor logo on them.
    Last edited by chrisparker; 10th July 2018 at 17:27.

Craftsman

Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Omega have always offered tons of variations, that's why there are so many re-editions now. And Rolex are no better, they just badge put a Tudor logo on them.
    Good point in regards the Tudor brand and it’s delivering of the Faux vintage look minus the Rolex brand to keep buyers who crave a step back in time. I suppose that the Tudor Black Bay in all its reiterates forms is Rolex equivalents to the Omega LE models.

Thats the thing, even before I saw the UV version I thought what the hell is going on with that sub dial! Clearly visible at all points to sone extent.
    Yeah the blob shape is sunk in to the dial, they've ruined it by doing that

Kinda cool but overpriced and way too many versions. This version is probably going to go up in price like the snoopy silver award.

http://www.luxuo.com/style/watches/s...d-edition.html

On the waiting list

Watch is growing on me: like the faux vintage look, also a big fan of Ultraman, although I agree the blob sundial doesn't really do either of them justice!

I like it.

They’ve made more of an effort to create a ‘unique’ design than they did with the ST and there are some clever elements. When you read the marketing material, it is clear they have tried to reference vintage elements of Omega Speedmaster design to appeal to watch lovers.

As for the shadow of Ultraman, I doubt it will be obvious unless you are using the UV light which comes as part of the pack; therefore, imho, it is a bit of a non issue. You like it, great, you don’t? Well you’re not really going to see it!

Lastly, the case design is a nice element and again, where some time, money and thought has gone. Omega seem to be the king of large presentation boxes and this one is unique to the watch and adds to the overal package.

Craftsman
    It's going to be highly sought after in Japan.

I’m much more excited by Eddie’s pending Smiths ‘Daytona’.

And that isn’t just me having a Victor Meldrew moment.

Another Speedy LE. Ultra-yawn....
    I’m sure the usual speculators will love it.

D

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Another Speedy LE. Ultra-yawn....
    What's the issue with choice, would you rather Omega just made one model?

Does mass production really have to mean mass produced - wouldn't it be better if we all had something a little different?

I'd rather a world where we had more choice over less. I don't want everyone else wearing the same watch stuff as me. But that's the way some would prefer it I suppose.

I like where Tudor are going with the Black Bay, maybe one day soon we'll be able to spec everything ourselves so we can build a custom piece like some trainer manufacturers do online.

Omega do special editions, if that sends you to sleep other more exciting brands are available. Maybe next years SpeedyTuesday could be green to get the Rolex fans giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Q: Name a tool for measuring how many special editions per unit of time Omega can produce
    A: A tachymètre
    A slight misspelling, tackymeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Love it, but looks like I've missed out again!
    Please don't worry, there'll be plenty on sale @ +£1-2K over rrp shortly after release.

I had to look up Ultraman but am still mystified by the connection between a 1950s Swiss watch design and a late 60s Japanese superhero...

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    A slight misspelling, tackymeter.

Please don't worry, there'll be plenty on sale @ +£1-2K over rrp shortly after release.

I had to look up Ultraman but am still mystified by the connection between a 1950s Swiss watch design and a late 60s Japanese superhero...

Same here... I got the Snoopy, but after that they lost me.
    Too many ltd's, weird design, colors etc.
    The pricing is quite strange. You get to pay a lot extra for the lack of a bracelet.

Not my cup of tea. I'll just stick with the 105.003...

Number 470 reserved after missing out on the original ST.

Whether I go through with it i'll wait and see, but having narrowly missed out last time due to dithering, I'd rather have the option than not.

And so it begins....£10.5k on eBay Australia. Having been "promised" priority on missing out on the speedy tuesday I get an email at 11.30...half hour after going live apparently and then selling out.Omega quoted 1 hour 53 minutes to sell out with up to 1 hour email replies in order to follow up on orders and confirmation.Missed out again through work commitments. Quite like the watch and hope most have gone to real collectors.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

3 minutes...who could be happy with just 3?