closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros 2020

Master
    Italians were my pick for the tournament at the start and deserved to win. England had them for the taking in the first half but could not take advantage. Second half they were just hanging on. Whilst fair play to the lads who stood up to take penalties the last three were awful. Rashfords’s miss was the critical one. I honestly do not know why they dick around when taking them. Surely it just means more to go wrong and they always seem to be the ones that get saved. Just pick a spot and smack it. Kane and Maguire’s would go in whatever the keeper did.

Grand Master
    [QUOTE=BEZELBOY;5790909
    Its also ironic your Avatar shows a STOP racism sign, yet you flagrantly use names like ‘Gammon’ to stereotype a perceived group of National people.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the term ‘gammon’ is deeply offensive and parallels with racism have to be drawn, but Ryan only sees things from his own perspective, he sometimes uses the excuse that he’s got some sort of syndrome (spectrum etc....whatever that means thesedays) but the truth is far simpler, he’s just biased and prone to posting garbage when the mood takes him, no excuse for that. Time he stopped trying to take the moral high ground and took a look in the mirror.

The football’s been disappointing but it’s only a game, it isn’t life and death, credit has to go to Italy for coming back from the early goal and overall they deserved to win because for much of the game they were the better side. Penalty shoot-out was poor but lets give the Italian goalkeeper some credit too, he was excellent.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 12th July 2021 at 00:09.

Nicola was typically understated...

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Agreed, the term ‘gammon’ is offensive and parallels with racism have to be drawn, but he only sees things from his own perspective, he sometimes uses the excuse that he’s got some sort of syndrome (spectrum etc....whatever that means thesedays) but the truth is far simpler, he’s biased and full of shit. Time he stopped trying to take the moral high ground and took a look in the mirror.
    Irony by-pass, once again.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Italians were my pick for the tournament at the start and deserved to win. England had them for the taking in the first half but could not take advantage. Second half they were just hanging on. Whilst fair play to the lads who stood up to take penalties the last three were awful. Rashfords’s miss was the critical one. I honestly do not know why they dick around when taking them. Surely it just means more to go wrong and they always seem to be the ones that get saved. Just pick a spot and smack it. Kane and Maguire’s would go in whatever the keeper did.
    Pressure
    I bet you Rashford never missed one in training.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Last two takers seemed a strange choice considering their age and experience. I honestly expected Rashford to put the ball away dont understand what he was trying to do there.

Still, quite a young squad and still a fair few players that can get into the squad that didnt make it this time. I am sure they will come back stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Can't stand people who purely watch football to see another team lose, especially when they're still prepared to reap the benefits of living here. Embarrassing and pathetic in the extreme
    What benefits are these BTW? Happy to send you my last year Tax Return and you decide who benefits. Like I said London is awesome. Rest of the UK I'm subsidising

Took rather long this time until the six-figure salary came up.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    What benefits are these BTW? Happy to send you my last year Tax Return and you decide who benefits. Like I said London is awesome. Rest of the UK I'm subsidising
    OK
    Thanks for my free school meals .
    Stick to Arsenal. They are about your level .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

I really don’t know why, we drew with the runners up doesn’t sound as good as we drew with the champions. We would be dining out on that for years.

So I take it London will be free from any trouble tonight then?in your words I’d say that’s where most of the gammons would be...make your mind up

On behalf of us northern types who shouldn't be allowed to vote "GAWD BLESS YA SWEET MASTER! I'll be able to feed the little uns this week."

Is that picture from when Rangers won 55?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    On behalf of us northern types who shouldn't be allowed to vote "GAWD BLESS YA SWEET MASTER! I'll be able to feed the little uns this week."
    You're welcome. However what I really meant was the racist undertone of 'you should be bloody lucky you live here' wasn't missed on me.

The best team won. Southgate's tactics confuse me as always...

Still, we got there and that is to be congratulated as I had us going out much earlier.

You're welcome. However what I really meant was the racist undertone of 'you should be bloody lucky you live here' wasn't missed on me.
    Priceless🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Took rather long this time until the six-figure salary came up.
    Don't forgot to mention it doesn't start with a "1".

Still celebrating that nil-nil?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Don't forgot to mention it doesn't start with a "1".
    Tru dat.

Just a bit galling that as someone who earns 6 figures (and salary doesn't begin with a 1 either) I'm living in a 700 sq ft flat and my supposedly less illustrious careered peers are all moving into big houses.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

It's called respect. If you don't like the people here go away. Do you think if I lived in Spain I'd be antagonising the locals? No because if I did I'd be a disrespectful c**t just like those pricks who boo anthems.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Pressure
    I bet you Rashford never missed one in training.
    Probably. But hence why just keep it simple and don’t try the mid games sort of pen.

Craftsman
    Who'd have thought a football thread would have given so much insight into people's characters!!
    Some very odious people on here .....
    I've been on the fence about a couple of members until now but tonight they've definitely shown their true colours..
    Our boys did well but unfortunately crumbled under pressure..
    I'm proud of the team and they've had a good tournament....

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    It's called respect. If you don't like the people here go away. Do you think if I lived in Spain I'd be antagonising the locals? No because if I did I'd be a disrespectful c**t just like those pricks who boo anthems.
    Define locals please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I couldn't care less about football but even if I was into it supporting Ireland is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Wait one minute, I find that statement to be completely...accurate. Doh.

Define locals please

People who live in the country you choose to live in. We are a country of many nationalities and races why try to paint us all as racist because of a minority of d**kheads?
    Of all the nationalities you identify by England is the most diverse and probably the most tolerant yet you seem to have a deep hatred of England.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Euros 2020

I have to say that Harry Kane has all the inspirational qualities of a wet lettuce. I find him a poor captain. Little drive, determination or fire in the belly when playing for England.

Yep, he scored a couple against a very poor Ukraine, and it flattered him. He had a poor tournament overall. Just not good enough to carry baggage like that, especially when he is your captain.

Compare that to Chiellini. What a man and true inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Well that didn't go too well. England tried to hold on to a 1-0 lead but Italy broke through in the end. Didn't attack enough, attacking football puts the other team on the back foot. Trying to defend just puts you on the back foot.

Rashford tried to show off and look clever and paid the price. Disappointing really, but at least they made the final which is some consolation, given the last few decades.

No need for politics in football.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

“Sigh”

There were two things I really didn’t want to see tonight;

1. Penalty shoot out

2. “New England” sadly reverting to back to “Old England” (2nd half could not have been any worse in direct opposition to our brilliant first half)

For me Southgate’s strategic nous, or luck, ran out tonight and it hurt us badly. He needed to bring Grealish on far earlier and the putting on of Rashford and Sancho was just all too late…….and that killed them both with what were, let’s be honest, utterly awful spot kicks.

At the risk of “sour grapes” I do think the referee was abysmal and a total ego maniac. And the persistent fouling, complaining and gamesmanship by Italy was always a given here. Cynical doesn’t even cover it…

And, please, how on earth is that professional foul by Chielleni on Saka not an instant red card? Bizarre if you ask me.

So we lost to the best team in the championship and enabled them to have 34 match unbeaten run but it could have/should have not been that way.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 12th July 2021 at 01:00.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I find him a poor captain.

Compare that to Chiellini. What a man and true inspiration.

Agreed on the first point and there are better suited candidates for the captaincy for England.

As for Chiellini. He’s the ultimate professional, lead cheat in my book and everything that’s wrong with the game in the VAR world.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Rashford tried to show off and look clever and paid the price.
    I think that's unfair. He was trying to force the keeper to commit. 6 inches to the right and he'd be a genius, instead he's a 'show-off'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    I think that's unfair. He was trying to force the keeper to commit. 6 inches to the right and he'd be a genius, instead he's a 'show-off'.
    'If it had gone in it would have been a goal'.

Blog Entries
    Two people tried clever, tippy tappy penalties. Two people missed. Go figure.

Two people tried clever, tippy tappy penalties. Two people missed. Go figure.
    And the Italians who missed? Were they tippy tappy too? A miss is a miss. You're looking to scapegoat Rashford. That match was not lost on a single kick, and it's pretty sad to try to pin it on Rashford.

Blog Entries
    And the Italians who missed? Were they tippy tappy too? A miss is a miss. You're looking to scapegoat Rashford. That match was not lost on a single kick, and it's pretty sad to try to pin it on Rashford.
    Think what you like. I really don't care. I said what I think about a football match. Other opinions are available.

Just come back from Wembley....great atmosphere, nice game of football, great 2nd half of my "azzurri", loved the reaction of the boys despite being down after just two minutes

Think what you like. I really don't care.
    Odd that you keep on replying then.

I think we were lucky to get to penalties. Once Italy equalized, they could easily have put one or two more past us. Yes, the refereeing was inconsistent, but overall the best team won.

Still, don't forget that England are currently the second best team in Europe.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed the match immensely and by the end, I thought both sides had done more than enough to earn it. I'd rather the England team lost all the time like that than won the way they have played up until recently. By the end of it, I was really proud of them and thought they'd acquitted themselves brilliantly. Just to make it even better, it is this team, with a bit more experience and maturity that will be leading the charge into the world cup soon. Now that's something to look forward to.

I really like the ethos Southgate has instilled in this team, and I like the way he led the communications with the media.
    However I think he is entirely responsible for yesterday’s result.
    The ideal start they had is not a curse, it must be a blessing. It throws up in the air all the plans the other team may have, forcing them out as they must score, whereas the other team can continue to play the way they had planned.
    England has a wealth of forwards. Yet someone like Rashford hardly got to play throughout the competition. When he gets to the pitch he is probably frustrated, and has endured the rollercoaster of emotions from the bench, instead of being an actor. And such a young player, with no previous warm up with the ball, is chosen for the last penalty! Not to mention Anderson, who was chosen as a substitute only to be substituted later. Was that really the best an England manager can do with the lads he had on day?
    The technical abilities of the players are unquestionable. The psychology for the penalty shootouts was very wrong.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    No idea where you're from, or where your allegiance lies, but if your from the UK, try getting behind your country every now and then.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
    He said the better team won, that's all. Supporting England doesn't mean he can't be a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Feel really sorry for Rashford, Sancho and Saka - especially the first 2, as it was a big ask to just come in for the penalties. Hope that they come back stronger from the experience.

It was a good game but again, I thought the refereeing was a bit inconsistent.
    Feel more sorry for Saka TBH, he had to score. Thought he was out of his depth in the game though, seemed to fumble and lose the ball every time he had it.

Rashford just took a crap penalty...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    You're right...you may be wrong. And you are.

Having said that, Rashford had clearly been to the Paul Pogba school of penalty taking before that effort, which is just next door to the Christopher Biggins Mixed Martial Arts Academy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Odd that you keep on replying then.
    Yes, I should have known better. I’ll block you so it won’t happen again.

Once Italy scored the outcome was decided, the fact that once again penalties were England's Achilles heal came as no surprise...
    "It's going Rome it's going Rome it's going ...
    Hard lines England, well done Italy.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Once Italy scored the outcome was decided, the fact that once again penalties were England's Achilles heal came as no surprise...
    "It's going Rome it's going Rome it's going ...
    Hard lines England, well done Italy.
    Harsh, but sadly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    “Sigh”

There were two things I really didn’t want to see tonight;

1. Penalty shoot out

2. “New England” sadly reverting to back to “Old England” (2nd half could not have been any worse in direct opposition to our brilliant first half)

For me Southgate’s strategic nous, or luck, ran out tonight and it hurt us badly. He needed to bring Grealish on far earlier and the putting on of Rashford and Sancho was just all too late…….and that killed them both with what were, let’s be honest, utterly awful spot kicks.

At the risk of “sour grapes” I do think the referee was abysmal and a total ego maniac. And the persistent fouling, complaining and gamesmanship by Italy was always a given here. Cynical doesn’t even cover it…

And, please, how on earth is that professional foul by Chielleni on Saka not an instant red card? Bizarre if you ask me.

So we lost to the best team in the championship and enabled them to have 34 match unbeaten run but it could have/should have not been that way.
    Spot on !!

Won't be too long I'm 25% Spanish, 25% French, 25% Irish and 25% English.

Have you got four parents?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Have you got four parents?
    No but he has (or had) 4 grandparents. Didn't you (known or unknown)?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I never met any of mine, but how is it an equal split?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    But are those all of 'pure' race? He has 8 great grandparents, where does it stop?

Ryan you got issues mate. Take a break.