closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Scurfa Announced

Mine arrived and I’m pretty chuffed with it so far tbh. Case finish - in fact all the finishing - is excellent, punches well above its weight imho. Fitted on the fantastic quality supplied rubber (not easy to do with the supplied excellent springbars!) - will probably go back on a NATO as I’m quite near the end of the strap and it does wear quite small on me - frankly, it wears very much like the older Seadweller which isn’t a bad thing, in 2021 after a few years wearing larger watches it just takes a bit of getting used to!
    I’ve seen a few reviews where people moan about the second hand not lining up, mine is actually pretty good in that regard - much like most quartz watches it misses a few, hits a few - I’ve had the same with quartz Omegas and Seikos way above the price point of this Scurfa. So all in all very pleased! - pics illustrate the size I hope, will look larger on normal sized wrists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Scurfa Announced

Oops double post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think it being closer to the wrist without two NATO loops underneath might work a bit better, make it wear flatter.

I'm not into NATO straps anyway so it was always destined for rubber but I don't have my spring bar tool with me here.
    It’s a strange one, I found nato straps made them feel bigger from the height gain. Hope the rubber works out for you, if not give me a shout. Not meant to be buying watches as on a self imposed ban due to owning too many & through WFH not wearing them.

I do see what you mean size wise, when I take those wrist shot photos, the watch always looks large on me. To be honest I think it looks good, however I know how you feel, as I can’t wear a 36mm or below as it just looks ‘wrong’ to me, even though it isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    It’s a strange one, I found nato straps made them feel bigger from the height gain. Hope the rubber works out for you, if not give me a shout. Not meant to be buying watches as on a self imposed ban due to owning too many & through WFH not wearing them.

I do see what you mean size wise, when I take those wrist shot photos, the watch always looks large on me. To be honest I think it looks good, however I know how you feel, as I can’t wear a 36mm or below as it just looks ‘wrong’ to me, even though it isn’t.

It’s all an illusion I reckon. At one point I had a Seadweller and a 44mm Panerai in rotation. My wife really liked the Seadweller on me, when I bought the Panerai she said initially ‘take off that horrible clowns watch’ - I wore it consistently for a few weeks, then swapped to the Seadweller for a night out - ‘why are you wearing a ladies watch, is that mine?’ says my wife!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    It’s all an illusion I reckon. At one point I had a Seadweller and a 44mm Panerai in rotation. My wife really liked the Seadweller on me, when I bought the Panerai she said initially ‘take off that horrible clowns watch’ - I wore it consistently for a few weeks, then swapped to the Seadweller for a night out - ‘why are you wearing a ladies watch, is that mine?’ says my wife!!!

Interesting you say this. After almost a year of mainly wearing an Apple Watch, I put my 44mm panerai on & really struggling with strap, watch & buckles size (a daft wide H18 sub one).

Agree with you, when I removed this before and put my 14060M on, it seemed tiny. Guess you just get used to a look & feel.

Journeyman
    I've not handled a Scurfa but from the look of those last pictures, I do like the look of the case. That is often where cheaper watches lose out, but from those pictures I'd say the Scurfa case looks to be great quality for the price.

The case finishing really is impressive for the price - noticeably better than any of the £400+ Seiko divers or Citizens I’ve owned over the years. Considering the case is Titanium and the whole watch was £275 delivered, with a 5 year battery life from a Swiss quartz movement, 500m WR, a gas escape valve and a thick domed sapphire - with a lovely quality rubber strap including a Titanium buckle and an extra set of very solid shoulderless springbars, plus a toxic NATO strap it all adds up to an impressive package. What I also didn’t expect was a bezel that lines up perfectly and a second hand that hits most of the markers. So a proper, easy to read tool watch at tool watch prices. A watch that points a finger at a lot of high street brands which come nowhere near its technical capabilities as a dive watch, cost considerably more but feel a bit cheap and nasty (and often can’t even be bothered to put the dial or indices on straight)!
    To top it all, apparently there’s a matching titanium bracelet coming soon. If the watch is anything to go by, it’ll be well made and won’t break the bank!

Thoughts....

I've tried it on the rubber now and it looks much better but still a slight touch small and I can't get used to how reflective the crystal is. I'm think I'm just not used domed crystals.

Yours if you want it if not I'll pop it on SC next week. No drama either way. Reflection pics to give you an idea.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Thoughts....

Hi David, That looks rather good, I understand Scurfa will be making a titanium bracelet, is this it or an aftermarket one? Cheers, John B4

It's my own Zuludiver bracelet John.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Hi David, That looks rather good, I understand Scurfa will be making a titanium bracelet, is this it or an aftermarket one? Cheers, John B4

Cracking watch - I tried the rubber but the springbars are very difficult to remove without marking the lugs, so I’ve decided this will stay on NATO. Ordered and received a fantastic Newmark ‘luxury sand’ NATO today and I think it’s a winner, will rotate this with the Admiralty grey NATO the watch shipped with

Master
    I've tried it on the rubber now and it looks much better but still a slight touch small and I can't get used to how reflective the crystal is. I'm think I'm just not used domed crystals.

Yours if you want it if not I'll pop it on SC next week. No drama either way. Reflection pics to give you an idea.
    Wow, thank you but I think I will struggle the reflections like that - guessing no AR on these then, as do not notice my BBR doing that.

Equally don't recall my first Scurfa being so reflective. You will have no issues passing it on via SC though.

Look much better on the rubber there though.

Cheers for the offer. Matt

Master
    It's my own Zuludiver bracelet John.
    Think that looks great, seems to fit really well on the end links.

Thanks, it's a pretty decent fit.

Think that looks great, seems to fit really well on the end links.

Had one of the standard models briefly. Fantastic build quality and was so close to perfect but couldn’t live with the distortion from the single domed crystal. These pics have me questioning that as looks fantastic, especially on the sand NATO.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I came to that conclusion too.

Think I’ve had 5 or so but the crystal bugs me and I flip them.

With a flat crystal or double domed even it’d be near perfect

Quote Originally Posted by dicky8588 View Post
    Had one of the standard models briefly. Fantastic build quality and was so close to perfect but couldn’t live with the distortion from the single domed crystal. These pics have me questioning that as looks fantastic, especially on the sand NATO.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post

Ironic really, people love the old subs with a hi-hat acrylic crystal - loads of ‘vintage distortion’!

Master
    Well my first Scurfa arrived yesterday from David, cheers David and I’m very pleased with it and can see it’s going to be a strap monster. The only thing that struck me as odd is that it feels quite heavy for a titanium watch but great value all the same. Decent size, case shape and bezel action and I quite like the crystal as well.

Edited to add. I’ve used the single pass technique for the NATO strap to keep it closer to my wrist.

Last edited by Cat7; 22nd May 2021 at 09:30.

Craftsman

Yep, mine was much improved (for my own personal tastes) with a crystal swap......
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...70#post5695570

Well that looks much better. What size crystal was it?

Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post
    Yep, mine was much improved (for my own personal tastes) with a crystal swap......
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...70#post5695570
    Did you do the swap yourself or did a watchmaker? Wonder how much that would cost. Thanks

Craftsman

Mine is the earlier version and when I first got it I was not sure about the reflections but now I like it and see it as a bit of its character. Yes, there are reflections but I can still read the dial. I like the brown rubber strap - suits the fake aged lume I think. Chunky, but not too chunky, good spec, well made and perfect for what I purchased it for - holidays, should they ever come back again ........ !

Last edited by Eddiex; 22nd May 2021 at 16:44.

Craftsman
    30.5mm crystal. I went for a 2.5mm thick mineral as it was readily available from Cousins. When pressed into place, the top surface is a whisker below the height of the bezel inset. I'm happy with that but if you prefer a crystal to be slightly proud then perhaps 2.8 - 3mm may work better.
    Well that looks much better. What size crystal was it?

Craftsman
    Did you do the swap yourself or did a watchmaker? Wonder how much that would cost. Thanks
    I did it myself as I have a some basic tools including a crystal press (< £10) which is essential really and I'm comfortable doing this kind of tinkering.

Not sure how much a watchmaker would charge but I guess it would depend if you wanted a pressure test once the watch was reassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post
    I did it myself as I have a some basic tools including a crystal press (< £10) which is essential really and I'm comfortable doing this kind of tinkering.

Not sure how much a watchmaker would charge but I guess it would depend if you wanted a pressure test once the watch was reassembled.
    Cheers for that. I'm ham fisted and can barely change a strap, I'll give it a miss but thanks for the reply.

Master
    The Treasure Seeker. Very different to every Scurfa that's gone before. Miyota auto in them.

https://www.scurfawatches.com/produc...er-black-dial/
    Well, I think they look really nice, and they are going to be even better in person. Watch promotional images are usually rubbish. I also like the other models and have a Bell Diver One, which also looks nicer than any of the pictures I've seen.

When someone finally gets one, I would like to see some decent images and get some owner feedback.

I've been wearing mine today and found the crystal to be fine. It's such a wearable watch in terms of weight and dimensions.

I agree with the above comment - a totally wearable and ‘normal’ sized watch. The crystal distortion adds a bit of character imho and combined with the large, legible hands it’s a non- issue. It adds to the feeling of solidity by appearing very thick and sturdy - it’s about the only evidence - along with the HEV - of its 500m WR capabilities.

Craftsman
    According to Scurfa’s post on Instagram this afternoon the new Treasure Seeker will be available to buy on the 14th of August. £442.

The Treasure Seeker does absolutely nothing for me, funny case shape and just don’t like the honeycomb dial or the bracelet with its shiny sections. Given the success of the Diver One I can’t help but feel it’s bit of a disappointment - perhaps it will look a lot better in the metal. My D1 still gets worn a lot and the build quality for the price is frankly amazing.

New Scurfa Announced

Not much interest on here in regard to the Treasure seeker then?!? - I just read they are planning to release a bronze D1 which sounds right up my street tbh. Still enjoying my Titanium MS21 and will be adding the Ti bracelet when they become available

I have the same view as you, really not sure about them.

Name, dial texture, a bit odd. Tempted to give Paul the benefit of the doubt and order one but I'm so bored of taking baths on watches and need to stop jumping in with both feet.