closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1920s Freemason Clock - anyone know about these?

1920s Freemason Clock - anyone know about these?

Seeking any interesting information about this 1920s (I think) Freemason Clock. It's my god father's and it was his grandfather's. Very unusual, in silver, with detailed engravings, interesting dial and a slightly domed triangle crystal. Looks like it is meant to be worn on a waistcoat with a chain, can also stand up using the built in stand. My godfather is also interested in likely value for insurance purposes.

Master
    Abit of info, not much though here.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/curiositie...hes/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Abit of info, not much though here.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/curiositie...hes/index.html
    Thanks, definitely some similar ones there.

Blog Entries
    I can add very little regards value but being on the square I can appreciate the significance and boy is that an incredible piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Paul

Craftsman
    What a wonderful timepiece.

It looks like something Catweazle would have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I can add very little regards value but being on the square I can appreciate the significance and boy is that an incredible piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Paul
    Exactly, my godfather wears it and also appreciates it having been in the family. He is disappointed nobody ever asks about it though!

I remember that exact model of masonic watch being sold on flog it a few years ago, it went for £800 but the crystal was cracked. A quick google and here it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008pxd1

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I remember that exact model of masonic watch being sold on flog it a few years ago, it went for £800 but the crystal was cracked. A quick google and here it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008pxd1
    Thanks Duncan, good memory and Google skills!

I can't add anything useful apart from to say that's a lovely thing, what a great thing to own. Also the link posted earlier displayed quite a number of other gorgeous and interesting freemasonary watches. What interesting things they are. Thanks for posting the photos.

My late father was on the square but I have never been interested in joining, I have so much of his regalia, no idea what you do with it but no watches that I'm aware of.

Craftsman

An idea

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    I can't add anything useful apart from to say that's a lovely thing, what a great thing to own. Also the link posted earlier displayed quite a number of other gorgeous and interesting freemasonary watches. What interesting things they are. Thanks for posting the photos.

My late father was on the square but I have never been interested in joining, I have so much of his regalia, no idea what you do with it but no watches that I'm aware of.
    You could perhaps contact the lodge secretary and see if they would like it depending on what items of regalia you have.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    You could perhaps contact the lodge secretary and see if they would like it depending on what items of regalia you have.

Thanks, after I posted this i googled it and that seems a general consensus, I'll look in to that.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Thanks, after I posted this i googled it and that seems a general consensus, I'll look in to that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Exactly, my godfather wears it and also appreciates it having been in the family. He is disappointed nobody ever asks about it though!
    Possibly part of the problem is that people don't actually know what they are looking at? So much of Freemasonry symbolism is hidden in plain sight.

Both my paternal and maternal lines include high-ranking Masons going back many years. I saw various things as a little lad but it is only years later as an adult that I understand the significance.

Journeyman
    I searched “tempor watch” on eBay and there’s a similar one for sale there at £2k (173725448965), so worth getting it insured...

As an aside, I have one of those little Masonic orb things that fold out into a cross with each of the 6 sections being little pyramids with rather intricately carved symbols. Lovely little thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I searched “tempor watch” on eBay and there’s a similar one for sale there at £2k (173725448965), so worth getting it insured...

As an aside, I have one of those little Masonic orb things that fold out into a cross with each of the 6 sections being little pyramids with rather intricately carved symbols. Lovely little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    Possibly part of the problem is that people don't actually know what they are looking at? So much of Freemasonry symbolism is hidden in plain sight.

Both my paternal and maternal lines include high-ranking Masons going back many years. I saw various things as a little lad but it is only years later as an adult that I understand the significance.
    Ah but this is at Masonic events when people don't ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Would be interesting to see a photo.