Name: Robert Victor Long (aka) Bob Long

Watch: Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo, serial 860976 reference 7032/0

ebay: littlegems121

Lives: Bungay Norfolk

Is that really his name? Robert 'Bob' Long?
    Of Bungay?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Just checking some facts.... Was the 2012 seller of a fake tudor watch serial number 860976 , also called Robert Bob Long from Bungay in Norfolk? Because that would be a coincidence. Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Just checking some facts.... Was the 2012 seller of a fake tudor watch serial number 860976 , also called Robert Bob Long from Bungay in Norfolk? Because that would be a coincidence. Asking for a friend.
    You can tell your friend it was and it was item 330809216174

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    …*
    I wanted the community to be aware of this scam artist, he will come over as a genuine person but he clearly isn't, he's a deceitful individual who clearly has no morals and no conscience. He knew he was selling me a fake watch and lied through his teeth from start to finish, ultimately refunding me but not without a lot of stress, hassle and accusation on his part.

Cheers Tom
    Follow him on eBay and post whenever he puts something up on auction. And post on other watch forums as well. ;)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I’m still a little unsure as to his full name and where he lives. Can somebody please enlighten me...?

Master
    I might be wrong but does this involve Robert Bob Long of Bungay selling a fake Tudor- Really hope this doesn’t come up on Google searches.........

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

This the chap?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I might be wrong but does this involve Robert Bob Long of Bungay selling a fake Tudor- Really hope this doesn’t come up on Google searches.........

Yeah, that would be a shame because stuff on the internet apparently stays there for ever...!

Master
    Now if only we had a link to the court report from the first time he sold the watch..........

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    This the chap?

...image...
    I think it is him. See EADT for:

Looking at that, "Mr Long...lives in Kirby Cane, near Bungay", in a house with a distinctive fence, near a national speed limit sign that is opposite a transformer on a pole...need I go on?

Unless it wasn't his own house...

This thread is getting a bit too much... Surely Jeweller Bob, from Bungay in Suffolk has enough on his plate, what with having 2 cars with similar registrations getting mixed up at the Dartford crossing: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/173095...in-his-garage/

That's jeweller Bob Long from Bungay in Suffolk. Yes, Suffolk. Not Norfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    This thread is getting a bit too much... Surely Jeweller Bob, from Bungay in Suffolk has enough on his plate, what with having 2 cars with similar registrations getting mixed up at the Dartford crossing: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/173095...in-his-garage/

That's jeweller Bob Long from Bungay in Suffolk. Yes, Suffolk. Not Norfolk.
    Bungay is in Suffolk, but I think kirby cane is in Norfolk?

TZ member and fellow mini afficianodo bongo is also from Bungay I think. Which is in suffolk. Apparently.

^^^^^

He only lives near Bungay. His house is in Norfolk...see #60 above.

Edit

TZ member and fellow mini afficianodo bongo is also from Bungay I think. Which is in suffolk. Apparently.

You're not wrong:

Last edited by PickleB; 6th December 2018 at 20:48.

Master
    Sobering read and really glad you got your money back. Good to see others on the forum supporting you and also reporting him to Ebay etc.

Like the others, I hope that anyone searching for him finds this thread for Bob Long from Bungay and is suitably warned off.

Oh okay. So Robert Victor Bob Long, also known as littlegems121 on eBay, is from Kirby Cane in Norfolk which is near Bungay in Suffolk. Got it.

Oh okay. So Robert Victor Bob Long, also known as littlegems121 on eBay, is from Kirby Cane in Norfolk which is near Bungay in Suffolk. Got it.
    He's the one that tried to sell a watch that had proved as fake in a court of law? Asking for a friend

Fake watch Tudor Bob Long mini Robert Bungay kirby cane the sun personalised number plate now don't be greedy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    What an absolute scumbug! I assume he refunded you as he thought he could pass it off on someone else relatively easily, hopefully not so easily now!

Out of interest, how much should one of these sell for?
    Thanks again for all your support guys, it’s always nice to know who your friends are and together we can do our best to ensure he doesn’t pass this pup off to anyone else.

I asked him what he wanted for it and he said £5K so if it has been legit it would have been a great buy, I must admit I don’t follow Tudor and Rolex prices like omega but I assumed it was worth £6-8K, having researched after I bought it they seem to do quite a lot more.

His price was also another obvious ‘trap’ to lure me in and get it sold quickly.

Ultimately these things happen and at the end of the day I got my money back. What bothered me wasn’t the situation it was his bare face lies throughout and then making me drive 7 hours round trip and feel grateful he’d refunded me when all along he knew categorically it was fake.......

Thanks again for all your support guys, it’s always nice to know who your friends are and together we can do our best to ensure he doesn’t pass this pup off to anyone else.

I asked him what he wanted for it and he said £5K so if it has been legit it would have been a great buy, I must admit I don’t follow Tudor and Rolex prices like omega but I assumed it was worth £6-8K, having researched after I bought it they seem to do quite a lot more.

His price was also another obvious ‘trap’ to lure me in and get it sold quickly.

Ultimately these things happen and at the end of the day I got my money back. What bothered me wasn’t the situation it was his bare face lies throughout and then making me drive 7 hours round trip and feel grateful he’d refunded me when all along he knew categorically it was fake.......

And if he can afford to spend ridiculous amounts on ridiculous license plates, clearly he's not pauper. Which makes it even worse, to think he would do all that while being rather well-off. I guess some peoples brains are wired quite differently that what would be known as "normal". He definitely deserves more than just some negative search terms on Google, I do hope he will get in trouble eventually and pay his dues.
    Last edited by Dan83bz; 6th December 2018 at 22:24.

Craftsman
    This thread is almost as good as that numpty trying to sell a fake Rolex to Haywood, both should be made sticky 😂

I hope he doesn't have any trouble with his (apparently fully original barn-find) £50k mini cooper.
    It does make you wonder what else might not be quite as it seems.

Blog Entries
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

It’s where my mums half of the family hail from and where I have spent a great deal of my life.

Bongo lives in Beccles, tell him it’s Bungay and a tenner says he will get a real grump on.

All that aside, what a scummer

Nice car. I might hop on eBay and ask a few questions about it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-c...wAAOSwb15cAioX

What happened, somebody tried to scam one of the members?

Can somebody please give me the details?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

It’s where my mums half of the family hail from and where I have spent a great deal of my life.

Bongo lives in Beccles, tell him it’s Bungay and a tenner says he will get a real grump on.

All that aside, what a scummer

You know me soooo well! Thanks again for savin me ass on that lemon pick up btw☠

OP. PM inc.......

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

Is it on the border ? i only ask because i heard Alan Partridge mention it on his talk show .

Master
    I'd like to think I know most of the people in my trade.

Never heard of him.

Anyone know the details of the pawnbroking business he was a part of?

Excellent read, lacking only some audio and video recordings with which it would have scored top marks

H

Lots of places like that: My parents live in a little village in Suffolk, but it's near Diss, which is in Norfolk, so their address is:

Village
    Diss
    Suffolk

and around 30% of their mail is "edited" by some bright spare in the Royal Mail with either a scribble or a yellow sticker telling them the address is wrong. Luckily, they have a clever local postman who understands.

My mate lives Palgrave, also outside Diss, technically he's in suffolk, but his postal town is also diss. Its the IP postcode that gives it away. Although as they say, A day spent out of Norfolk is a day wasted.

As sir John betjeman once said :
    East anglia, cut off on three sides by the sea, and on the fourth by British rail

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    This the chap?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I think it is him. See EADT for:

I think as per post 1 by OP, this is the guy:

Wish I could ask the eBay seller if a fake Tudor Monte Carlo comes with the car.... I double-dog dare someone here to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    What happened, somebody tried to scam one of the members? Can somebody please give me the details?
    Maybe read post #1...?

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Bungay, Norfolk, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Great read and those pictures are so Swiss Tony of Norfolk!

Going by the evidence against him it seems like he is trying to recoup pride in himself for being turned over in the first place as he doesn’t seem short of a few quid, rather than deal with his seller (probably way too late now) he’s trying to pass the problem off to some other unsuspecting buyer, if his mindset is this way then he should never be trusted with any sales..

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Lots of places like that: My parents live in a little village in Suffolk, but it's near Diss, which is in Norfolk, so their address is:

Village
    Diss
    Suffolk

and around 30% of their mail is "edited" by some bright spare in the Royal Mail with either a scribble or a yellow sticker telling them the address is wrong. Luckily, they have a clever local postman who understands.
    What happened to the postcode? With that and the post town you don't need the county.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    What happened, somebody tried to scam one of the members?

Can somebody please give me the details?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Maybe read post #1...?
    Proof if any was needed that irony never fully cross the Atlantic
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Is it on the border ? i only ask because i heard Alan Partridge mention it on his talk show .
    Did he say it was "Norfolk and good"?

Which may be appropriate for Mr Bob Long of Bungay, fake watch seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

At least a little portion of it made it over the channel....
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    So Robert Victor Long, aka Bob Long, purveyor of fine Fake Tudor Watches in Bungay Norfolk or possibly Suffolk (depending on who you ask) also appears to own a slightly dubious Mini Cooper.

That ultra rare barn find according to the DVLA is a Rover Mini registered in 1982. Correct me if I am wrong but original Mini’s from the 60’s had fixed rear windows too, not ones that opened. They were also Austin or Morris and certainly not Rover

The Roller on eBay, pictured on the grass verge - so potentially “on the road”. The MOT expired in August 2012. Maybe they’ve changed the requirements for vintage and veteran cars requiring a test?

Lastly, when checking the Reg numbers of the 59 Fiat500 (10 NG) and the Jeep (1 ONG) where he’s reportedly been fined multiple times having used the Dartford Crossing - maybe it’s because the one on the Jeep doesn’t appear on the DVLA’s database.

Dodgy f**ker indeed.

Our mini...3 numbers, 3 letters, no year suffix registration...had those strange rear windows that hinged at the front and opened about two inches at the rear end. Our next car, not new, had an F suffix that puts it in the late sixties, so I'm pretty sure our mini dated from the early sixties.

Craftsman
    Perhaps report to Rouge traders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03bhwv8/contact

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post
    Yes, he should be red-faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post

He seems to like newspaper and TV coverage. Should be right up his street...
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th December 2018 at 16:54. Reason: remove quote of #88 in the light of #90...that I had to have explained to me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    He seems to like newspaper and TV coverage. Should be right up his street...
    Whoosh?

Master
    Does he have a letter box :>)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, he should be red-faced.
    This response deserves a round of applause..!

That is unbelievable. I’m glad you got your money back despite the hassle!

Definitely one to watch out for - unfortunately I’m sure there are a hell of a lot more out there.
    It's just a matter of time...

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Bungay, Norfolk, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Sorry, without emoticons (or caffeine in my blood), I didn’t get it. :} :blush:
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 7th December 2018 at 20:17. Reason: only answering the one post

Apprentice

Classic car knowledge

hello I’m Robert Long , if you are going to give opinions get your facts right my 1963 number 6 cooper s was registered in 1982 because it was either imported or off the road prior to the dvla change over in 1982. Google “ dvla car check” put the coopers reg in and all will be revealed not a Rover but MANUFACTURED 1963 Morris cooper s 1071 cc .is that ok for everyone . Reg number in photos on this site .
    To the Monte Carlo watch reply by me see “ dickstar 1977 “
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    So Robert Victor Long, aka Bob Long, purveyor of fine Fake Tudor Watches in Bungay Norfolk or possibly Suffolk (depending on who you ask) also appears to own a slightly dubious Mini Cooper.

That ultra rare barn find according to the DVLA is a Rover Mini registered in 1982. Correct me if I am wrong but original Mini’s from the 60’s had fixed rear windows too, not ones that opened. They were also Austin or Morris and certainly not Rover

The Roller on eBay, pictured on the grass verge - so potentially “on the road”. The MOT expired in August 2012. Maybe they’ve changed the requirements for vintage and veteran cars requiring a test?

Lastly, when checking the Reg numbers of the 59 Fiat500 (10 NG) and the Jeep (1 ONG) where he’s reportedly been fined multiple times having used the Dartford Crossing - maybe it’s because the one on the Jeep doesn’t appear on the DVLA’s database.

Dodgy f**ker indeed.

No denial of being a fake watch seller at least...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    This is definitely going to be an all-time classic TZ thread...

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    This is definitely going to be an all-time classic TZ thread...
    For as long as it lasts now.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice

My reply

hi I’m Robert Long reply to the Lynch mob
    I have been a pawn broker for thirty five years . I’m the Jack of all trades and the master of non ,especially watches .
    I have owned this Monte Carlo for about 15 years I put it on eBay for a low price as it had replacement parts dial , later case etc . Movement ,case back ,etc was fine and it had been repaired twice by rolex expert .tom dickstar1977 spotted my add within minutes of putting it on eBay . He offered me £5000 and buy it now , I said why don’t you come to my home address and satisfy your self you are happy with the watch , he said he was too busy and would rather wire the moneys and get his niece to collect the watch which he did ,to my dismay this young girl turned up in the pitch dark to collect the watch I was quite concerned as for the responsibility Tom had put on her .
    Anyway he recieved the watch and he text me to say he was happy , 2 weeks later he said he had taken it to a watch dealer I can only presume to make a large profit ,but to be told it was a copy I said if it was returned in the same condition he would get a refund which he got , a perfect original one of these watches are about £20000 not £5000 Tom though he was onto a fast buck .
    The other watch which people are saying is the same watch ,that people are saying I went to court about beats me , I have never ever been to court about a watch I got questioned several years ago about a britling watch that was given by britling to Mi5 agents, they were not supposed to be sold that’s it no action taken by the police .
    Anyway A SCAMMER DECIEVES PEOPLE OUT OF GOODS OR CASH CERTAINLY DOES NOT REFUND OR RETURN THE GOODS AND MEETS IN CAR PARKS AND PUBLIC PLACES NOT AT THE PERSONS HOME ADDRESS
    WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE COMPLANING ABOUT ? He didn’t lose anything apart from making a large profit and his pride .to sum up GREED IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL .does anyone want it for £38 ?as that wat Tom says it’s worth
    Robert long
    All

I felt I needed to bring your attention to a scammer called Robert 'Bob' Long based in Bungay Norfolk. I purchased a Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo from him six weeks ago through ebay, he seemed genuine as did the watch.

Long story short I got the watch after a couple of weeks (he insisted on collection in person so my niece who lives nearby collected it)

When I had it in hand something seemed off, the giveaway initially was that the serial was out of range, I then found a watch with the same case and serial numbers (I originally thought not the same watch BUT it clearly is) on the rolex forum identified clearly as a fake watch. (A reason I stick to Omega as a rule of thumb). I contact a Rolex expert and good friend I known who's also a fellow forum member who confirmed it was fake. I hadn't told Jason (964RS) of the owner or their location, simply showed him pictures of the watch.

I contacted the seller who initially gave me a lot of grief saying it wasn't fake, making many accusations such as I had let someone tamper with it and I was dishonest etc etc.

After much deliberation and dropping Jasons name he agreed to refund me IF I drove to Norfolk to be there at 9:00am for a refund, his condition was that his Rolex expert would be there to verify it was the watch he sold. Right the way through he made out as if it was completely genuine and that I was some dealer trying to scam him or rip him off, playing the 'innocent old man' card.

I took the 7 hours round trip to meet him, arriving at 9:00am prompt but apparently his 'rolex expert' had been and gone! He was very amicable, protesting he knew nothing about it and was selling it in good faith and that he was going to get a Rolex expert to verify the watch etc etc. He spent over an hour showing me the 'research' he had done on the internet alongside proudly showing me his collection of very valuable vintage cars, including the first ever mini cooper S he'd found, clearly a wealthy man.

He absolutely suckered me in and I genuinely felt for him, I genuinely felt he knew nothing about what he had sold me and having received my refund drove home. I went home and told my wife about the 'poor old guy', I even followed up with later text explaining I was sorry it had panned out as it did.

All ended well until Jason contacted me tonight asking if I had managed to sort it? I said I had but not without having to drive to Norfolk and back to get my money back. Jason then messaged back informing me that he had acted as an expert witness in a court case a few years back where a buyer in Norfolk had unwittingly bought a Tudor Monte Carlo (identical to mine) which transpired to be fake and the buyer had to take the seller to court....... who was the seller......Bob Long of Bungay, Norfolk............. the watch: the Tudor Monte Carlo.

I really had been duped by him, firstly that he convinced me he was an unsuspecting old man who knew nothing about his fake watch and secondly making me jump through hoop after hoop to get my money back! All I would say is buyer beware.....

Here is the relisted watch and a little about the unscrupulous seller..............................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-R...waSx:rk:1:pf:0

Bob takes clear pride in his public image, being know as the discovery of the oldest mini copper in existence alongside having numerous other classic cars, he clearly doesn't need the money so all I can think is that he proactively and knowingly rips off unsuspecting punters then adopts either an aggressive stance accusing buyers of either been unscrupulous dealers or tampering with the watch (both in my case) or the 'innocent old man' who had no idea the watch he was selling was incorrect.

Here is a little more about 'Bob'

https://www.metro.news/earliest-know...-barn/1212767/

Absolutely shocking and I hope he doesn't dupe anyone else....... I am definitely sticking to what I know from now on

I wanted the community to be aware of this scam artist, he will come over as a genuine person but he clearly isn't, he's a deceitful individual who clearly has no morals and no conscience. He knew he was selling me a fake watch and lied through his teeth from start to finish, ultimately refunding me but not without a lot of stress, hassle and accusation on his part.

Cheers Tom

Apprentice

Dickstar1977

JUST SEEN DICKSTAR1977 profile (Tom ) over 3600 postings OMG HE IS A PRO COMPLAINER