closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Watchfinder Rolex Sale

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    I see Adrian is doing a follow up

Interesting to see the content of this then. He does normally apologize when viewer impression is counter to his own. If he retains his party line perhaps its a sign of the 'power fantasy' that was mentioned earlier in this thread :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Interesting to see the content of this then. He does normally apologize when viewer impression is counter to his own. If he retains his party line perhaps its a sign of the 'power fantasy' that was mentioned earlier in this thread :)
    Well, he seems to be pulling up the drawbridge at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Well, he seems to be pulling up the drawbridge at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The man is a bafoon and it appears he's only edited the title.

He has also included this article in order to try and bolster his position on the "bubble bursting". It must be happening then!

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-tool-...-class-assets/

The more bears the better IMO.
    Big correction needed to stop all the stupid games that AD's are playing.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    The man is a bafoon and it appears he's only edited the title.

He has also included this article in order to try and bolster his position on the "bubble bursting". It must be happening then!

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-tool-...-class-assets/
    Oh god, that man is a greasy prat.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Oh god, that man is a greasy prat.
    He has the demeanour of a man that is sitting on a substantial Trust Fund

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    He has the demeanour of a man that is sitting on a substantial Trust Fund
    ha ha!! love that description!!

Master
    I spoke with an established AD here in Perth, W.A and they said that they haven't received any sports models for a very,very long time and have had one ceramic Daytona in 3 years. Their displays are bleak and Grand Seiko take up more window space than Rolex . They showed me their book of those on a waiting list and it has pages and pages of customers of which none are getting models anytime soon. They have had to stop taking names in the end. They are also bearing the brunt of the anger and frustration from customers even though they realistically can't do anything about it. It was an eye opener but, not surprising. It doesn't bother me but I was curious to know what was happening and it gave me the opportunity to look at some other watches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I spoke with an established AD here in Perth, W.A and they said that they haven't received any sports models for a very,very long time and have had one ceramic Daytona in 3 years. Their displays are bleak and Grand Seiko take up more window space than Rolex . They showed me their book of those on a waiting list and it has pages and pages of customers of which none are getting models anytime soon. They have had to stop taking names in the end. They are also bearing the brunt of the anger and frustration from customers even though they realistically can't do anything about it. It was an eye opener but, not surprising. It doesn't bother me but I was curious to know what was happening and it gave me the opportunity to look at some other watches
    Makes you wonder how Rolex stay afloat not selling any watches?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Seems all the sports Rolex on sale are now all sold, or no longer discounted?

Anyways, I wanted to see what Watchfinder would offer some Rolex watches after all the noise about oversupply, falling demand, and an impending price collapse, and it pretty interesting WF actually increased the offer on my 214270 Explorer, and kept the same price range for my 116710 LN.

Rolex Explorer - 2018 - 214270
    [2 DEC] Subject to inspection, our initial offer is between £4,600 and £4,800. This estimate is valid for 7 days.
    [8 AUG] Subject to inspection, our initial offer is between £4,400 and £4,600. This estimate is valid for 7 days.

Rolex GMT Master II - 2016 - 116710LN
    [22 NOV] Subject to inspection, our initial offer is between £8,000 and £8,300. This estimate is valid for 7 days.
    [22 AUG] Subject to inspection, our initial offer is between £8,000 and £8,300. This estimate is valid for 7 days.

Doesn't seem to make sense if WF were really worried the market had topped, and now offer the same (or even higher) prices when buying in.

A wise person ( not me ) has mentioned in this thread much earlier on that this sale wasn’t a sign of anything but some were still arguing.

Craftsman
    I think price trends are model-specific so not all Rolex models will follow the same price movement. Also depends if they have buyers ready in place to buy and the number of stock they carry. Don’t think WF will speculate on prices, feel they must base their decision off customer data/inquiries/past sales...

Craftsman

Demand

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I think price trends are model-specific so not all Rolex models will follow the same price movement. Also depends if they have buyers ready in place to buy and the number of stock they carry. Don’t think WF will speculate on prices, feel they must base their decision off customer data/inquiries/past sales...

What I have seen over the past 6 months has been the increase in demand for what were a year or two ago, the least popular Rolex sports : Explorer 11, Milgauss, Airking etc and this has lead to WF etc buying in at a higher price but of course selling on at a higher price than RRP.

The increase popularity of these models is probably due to the ridiculous price mark ups from dealers on the popular Sub, Gmt etc and many buyers just not comfortable with the level of cash outlay for those pieces. The average Rolex buyer is maybe comfortable with a £5-8k outlay but once you start to get into the upper reaches of closer to £10k and over, with the knowledge that the actual RRP is a lot lower that what you are being asked to pay, a lot of buyers start to reconsider and look around for cheaper alternatives and certainly the Explorers and Milgauss fit that category.

This is maybe why we are seeing a plethora of unsold BLNR, PEPSI and Daytona on the secondary market but fewer Explorers etc, which are more reasonably priced for your average Rolex buyers pocket.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I still think there are plenty of signs for at least a levelling of increases and some downward pressure.

A lot of stock floating around all of a sudden. I think there was 4 blnrs on SC this month. There wasn’t one in months before that. Time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    A wise person ( not me ) has mentioned in this thread much earlier on that this sale wasn’t a sign of anything but some were still arguing.
    Oh yes.

Offer still stands if anyone's getting twitchy............

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I'm waiting for a BLRO, and quite prepared to pay a premium of £500 over list to anyone (flipper) who has one and is worried prices will fall. Of course I may withdraw this offer when they do!!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    I still think there are plenty of signs for at least a levelling of increases and some downward pressure.

A lot of stock floating around all of a sudden. I think there was 4 blnrs on SC this month. There wasn’t one in months before that. Time will tell.
    Yes I did notice an inflow of BLNRs (I’ve just received mine too). On the same day, I’ve seen multiple sales posts on Facebook for BNIB BLNRs, so suspect the UK ADs just got a recent shipment of these.

Master
    Yes I did notice an inflow of BLNRs (I’ve just received mine too). On the same day, I’ve seen multiple sales posts on Facebook for BNIB BLNRs, so suspect the UK ADs just got a recent shipment of these.
    More likely people scared to death about holding lots of stock that’s on the tipping point.

Craftsman

Final shipment.

The ADs normally get a final shipment for the year last week in November, first week December. So expect to see a lot more BNIB turning up on Facebook or at the usual Secondary market dealers over the coming couple of weeks.

Same thing happens last week in January, first week in February when the credit card bills starting hitting the letterbox and you get another influx of watches hitting WF etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    More likely people scared to death about holding lots of stock that’s on the tipping point.
    I do think there has been an influx, I’ve seen a lot of incoming across various forums and Facebook groups. I got a BLRO from an AD I had no history with back in September, they seem confident in getting me a BLNR within a few months. I’m also down for a blue skydweller and they said that would be a lot tougher but they’d try their best.

I spoke to a different AD (an independent) about getting an SS sports model for a member on here if they bought 3 date just. They suggested a BLNR or black Sub was achievable (but said green sub tougher).

It does seem like they come in batches, although my gut feel is that the BLNR is produced in significantly higher numbers than the BLRO, but who knows!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    I do think there has been an influx, I’ve seen a lot of incoming across various forums and Facebook groups. I got a BLRO from an AD I had no history with back in September, they seem confident in getting me a BLNR within a few months. I’m also down for a blue skydweller and they said that would be a lot tougher but they’d try their best.

I spoke to a different AD (an independent) about getting an SS sports model for a member on here if they bought 3 date just. They suggested a BLNR or black Sub was achievable (but said green sub tougher).

It does seem like they come in batches, although my gut feel is that the BLNR is produced in significantly higher numbers than the BLRO, but who knows!
    Thats true, its because the yield of usable blro inserts is about 1 out of 10. The Blnr insert is much easier to produce.

Craftsman

Hulk for under £13k

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

Not seen prices around the £12k from any Secondary dealers for Hulks or BLNR but Blowers have both on site for sub £13k and Watch club have reduced a number of Rolex sports asking prices and Pateks by a few thousand.

Still sizeable mark ups over RRP but at this time of year not something you expect see.

Craftsman
    I’ve seen some UK based dealers lower their prices.

I think it’s more to do with the rise in GPB value, prices had to come down to be competitive with at least the rest of Europe/EU.

Seems to be plenty in sales section recently that just coincidence . Never seen so many hulks and Batman's for sale ever in SC are folk thinking sell now as not going up any more

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 3rd December 2019 at 23:11.

Master
    Another watchfinder sale on, 2k off a Daytona 😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Another watchfinder sale on, 2k off a Daytona 
    but but but prices can only go up in the long run, right????

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    but but but prices can only go up in the long run, right????
    Why is that? they are coming down may be folk woke up and thought watch is not worth 15k over list lol

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Just more sellers than buyers currently - loads for sale at greys. Was bound to happen. A gradual softening followed by a slower period of growth more akin to inflationary increases would be my guess. Maybe 1 - 2 yrs of flatlining. Pure speculation and time will tell of course.

Craftsman
    Soon off to a remote place where I can get all the desired Rolexes at RRP.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk