closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega 300m blue best price

Journeyman

Omega 300m blue best price

After other threads about my 40th my father will give me the extra for the omega over the Tudor. (Very good of him). I can see the blue on a bracelet on chrono24 for £3600. Has anyone any better ideas where I can get one? I want a face to face sale.

Are you sure you've thought this through? Is it worth discussing different options to the Omega?

I'd drop Burrells an email and ask what they can do on a new one. Might be worth putting a WTB up on here too.

Don’t rush into anything.

Are you sure?
    I prefer the black bay 58

Please tell me he is freaking kiddin!

Blog Entries

Angry

Are you really sure? What about the Breitling A13340. If you want a f2f deal - walk into your local dealer and ask for a discount. Now get the watch - you decided to get this before Christmas ffs - and you don't have to start a new thread each time you repeat the question.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 25th February 2021 at 20:02.

Journeyman
    The Breitling looks like it's from 1972 not for me

Journeyman
    £3483 at watches world. Are they a reputable dealer?

You really don’t want that Omega.

May I suggest a Black Bay 58.

I have just ordered a watch from WatchesWorld UK via Chrono24 Escrow. They have a lot of positive feedback. You can deal with them direct and maybe save some more money but the risk is yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    £3483 at watches world. Are they a reputable dealer?
    Sent from my SM-G998B using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Is paying with a credit card safe? 0% I know you have rights if it doesnt turn up etc

Out of interest
    Why doesn’t the OP want the Omega?
    Is it just a case of the old Tudor/Rolex tie up and it’s a safer bet? Why not buy what he likes over what other people say.
    I mean other choices are out there, but he likes the Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Are you really sure? What about the Breitling A13340. If you want a f2f deal - walk into your local dealer and ask for a discount. Now get the watch - you decided to get this before Christmas ffs - and you don't have to start a new thread each time you repeat the question.
    He Might need to get his post count up?
    Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Through learning on here, and having had a rolex in 2007. The tudor, would be a lesser rolex, I know, you know, those who know it isnt a rolex. However Omega is a bigger brand. The bit i love about the Omega is being able to see the movement

Through learning on here, and having had a rolex in 2007. The tudor, would be a lesser rolex, I know, you know, those who know it isnt a rolex. However Omega is a bigger brand. The bit i love about the Omega is being able to see the movement
    I'm slightly puzzled by you mate. I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just you don't seem to care much about the actual watch, you just want one for reasons unknown. It's pretty clear this is a big purchase for you given the multitude of threads on how to get it as cheap as possible, how much can you get to sell it, 0% credit questions, now a loan from family etc. Is it worth all this stress over a watch? Are you actually going to be able to enjoy it?

Also it sounds like you are letting people on a forum dictate which watch you like? The 'Tudor is a lesser Rolex' argument is naff, those same people saying that would happily swap their Omega for a Rolex Sub as well, so it's a totally moot point. Both the Omega SM300 and the Tudor BB58 are very popular watches. If YOU like the Omega more than go for it, but don't let it be because someone on a forum told you a Tudor is not a Rolex..!

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Out of interest
    Why doesn’t the OP want the Omega?
    Is it just a case of the old Tudor/Rolex tie up and it’s a safer bet? Why not buy what he likes over what other people say.
    I mean other choices are out there, but he likes the Omega.
    People are teasing because there's been lots of threads by the OP with many variations of the same question over a period of months.

I want a face to face sale.
    If the vendor has read these threads they’ll probably do what they can to avoid that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    If the vendor has read these threads they’ll probably do what they can to avoid that.
    That was a genuine LOL

Journeyman
    Perhaps you should start a new thread?

Master
    Contact your local AD, get talking and ask for a discount, then go and buy it and be done with it :)

They’ll do click and collect, most likely.

Think of all those months you could have been wearing it already.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'm slightly puzzled by you mate. I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just you don't seem to care much about the actual watch, you just want one for reasons unknown. It's pretty clear this is a big purchase for you given the multitude of threads on how to get it as cheap as possible, how much can you get to sell it, 0% credit questions, now a loan from family etc. Is it worth all this stress over a watch? Are you actually going to be able to enjoy it?

Also it sounds like you are letting people on a forum dictate which watch you like? The 'Tudor is a lesser Rolex' argument is naff, those same people saying that would happily swap their Omega for a Rolex Sub as well, so it's a totally moot point. Both the Omega SM300 and the Tudor BB58 are very popular watches. If YOU like the Omega more than go for it, but don't let it be because someone on a forum told you a Tudor is not a Rolex..!

People are teasing because there's been lots of threads by the OP with many variations of the same question over a period of months.
    Perfectly put.

Well put, I fear it may fall on deaf ears though.

OP buy the watch you want and don’t worry what other people think.

Craftsman

some very good points being made here !

Journeyman
    Spoke to Ernest Jones, Goldsmiths, Burrells all will on do it at list...... I must be missing something the omega this is

Spoke to Ernest Jones, Goldsmiths, Burrells all will on do it at list...... I must be missing something the omega this is
    You'll be lucky to get a discount at any of the those nationwide chain High St retailers. You are better to try the independent dealers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    You'll be lucky to get a discount at any of the those nationwide chain High St retailers. You are better to try the independent dealers.
    At the risk of sounding argumentative, I've never had an issue getting a discount from a High St chain and I imagine they'll be even more receptive to this kind of discussion given the current economic situation.

SGR

Master
    Probably back to discount or finance, but not both.

Are you sure it will hold its value?

Master
    Sometimes you just need to s*** or get off the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Sometimes you just need to s*** or get off the pot.
    I think he likes to stir the ......

Journeyman
    Back to the Tudor

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Why don't you take the money and use it on some therapy, go talk to someone about whatever this is about.

I see a theme emerging …

Op

Open a few more thread on the same subject and within no time you will have access to SC.
    Both watches pop up for sale at well below list all the time, you can have both for the price of a new one.

I am not sure how you will decide which one to wear, maybe you start a thread on it?

Journeyman
    I’m bored of this now. Buy a watch and enjoy it- doesn’t matter what others think. They’re both good options for the budget, go for it OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Both watches pop up for sale at well below list all the time, you can have both for the price of a new one.
    Let's not confuse the poor chap even more. BB58's always go for not far off list. SM prices vary more widely due to there being much older ones available.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I see a theme emerging …

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Op

Open a few more thread on the same subject and within no time you will have access to SC.

I am not sure how you will decide which one to wear, maybe you start a thread on it?
    He thinks he has to START fifty threads to be able to see SC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I see a theme emerging …

Maybe Eddie has too...

Good grief, you’re annoying OP

Simon

Journeyman
    Evening, a big decision for me I honestly didn't realise how many posts I had made. I find it a bit unfair that someone new to a very expensive hobby gets so much grief about spending so much money. I have lots of questions about servicing in the future, what tools I need to change straps. Best place to buy NATO's, which winders are the best value the list goes on.

I hope my many threads hasn't scuppered me possibly buying a watch off SC in the future. Have a nice weekend folks

I find it a bit unfair that someone new to a very expensive hobby gets so much grief about spending so much money
    Have you forgotten you claimed to have had a Rolex in 2007?

Journeyman
    Have you forgotten you claimed to have had a Rolex in 2007?
    No claiming about it, if i knew how to post the original receipt i would do it. one thing i am not is a liar.

Evening, a big decision for me I honestly didn't realise how many posts I had made. I find it a bit unfair that someone new to a very expensive hobby gets so much grief about spending so much money. I have lots of questions about servicing in the future, what tools I need to change straps. Best place to buy NATO's, which winders are the best value the list goes on.

I hope my many threads hasn't scuppered me possibly buying a watch off SC in the future. Have a nice weekend folks
    I don’t think anyone is being unfair. From my point of view the main reason members have become frustrated with you is that every time you have a new question about the same topic (“which watch should I buy?”), you insist on starting a new thread. Just use one. It’s really not complicated.

Another word of advice if I may - when you have these other questions to ask, you may find it useful to use the search facility before posting.

Simon

Master

You can always use the search function to see if any of your questions have been answered before....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. You said you owned a Rolex in 2007 14 years back. That is not new to the hobby.
    2. In your short time here you post a new thread for every question that is in essence the same damn question!
    3. People have given you 100s of answers on your multiple threads and the you say it’s unfair.... and you have more questions?
    4. Try using the search function I’m almost certain all the questions you said you have will have been asked before and a search will save yet another needless thread!

No claiming about it, if i knew how to post the original receipt i would do it. one thing i am not is a liar.
    So you’re not new to the world of expensive watches, like you claimed earlier, great, that’s that cleared up.

Blog Entries
    So you’re not new to the world of expensive watches, like you claimed earlier, great, that’s that cleared up.
    I like your style! - so the OP has a Rolex from 2007 - but claims to be new to the world of "expensive watches"

(Rolex are not expensive in the scheme of things - just hard to buy at MRP for certain types but let's not get into that topic - again..).

OP - there are numerous threads on NATO, watch changing tools, watch winders etc - use the search before starting another thread.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 27th February 2021 at 21:23.

Journeyman

Wink

Thanks for the guidance. The threads are done

Thanks for the guidance. The threads are done
    Thank god for that.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    1. You said you owned a Rolex in 2007 14 years back. That is not new to the hobby.
    2. In your short time here you post a new thread for every question that is in essence the same damn question!
    3. People have given you 100s of answers on your multiple threads and the you say it’s unfair.... and you have more questions?
    4. Try using the search function I’m almost certain all the questions you said you have will have been asked before and a search will save yet another needless thread!

Just because someone has a Rolex doesn't mean watches are a hobby for them.