closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New limited addition Alpinist

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobbo View Post
    Mine (no.1625) has arrived today; the mark-up from my SARB017 is even greater because I managed to pay £200 for the older model using an eBay 20% off voucher at the time when they were cheapest. I got it from James Porter & Son in Glasgow, who told me they sold out pretty much straight away. Probably because they were the first site I found which allowed you to click and buy on Friday last week.

I love the coolness of the colour and silver indices, though I hadn't appreciated that the gold on green is more legible from many angles. The strap is a couple of orders of magnitude nicer than the crap mock-croc which came on the old model. I hadn't expected the second deployant on the second strap which means I can re-purpose it for another watch :)

Sorry, terrible photo which really does not show off the colour of the dial. It does show the cool overall look compared to the SARB017 though.
    Very nice, I like both.

Find myself fancying another Alpinist after only briefly owning one in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    where are you guys ordering online? I like the look of this
    Sold out everywhere I can see and some asking £1250 - £1,800 on eBay and C24. RRP is £800. I tried to get one after seeing that picture, too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the boutique will get more. Not sure they are fully sold out tbh

Jura said they've sold their allocation and won't get another. The boutique is probably a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Jura said they've sold their allocation and won't get another. The boutique is probably a better bet.
    I pre-ordered and put a deposit down with Jura back when these were first announced and haven’t heard a peep. Emailed them today to see what’s happening and they’ve not replied... I was a bit in the fence about it so I’m not too bothered but poor customer service all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I pre-ordered and put a deposit down with Jura back when these were first announced and haven’t heard a peep. Emailed them today to see what’s happening and they’ve not replied... I was a bit in the fence about it so I’m not too bothered but poor customer service all round.
    Check the time difference between when I sent the online enquiry Vs when they sent that email. They're keen if you want to spend some more money!

Boutique had 600+ enquiries and received only a handful, which sold immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    And out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    6 currently in stock
    Top work Ben. If you see a SPB149J1 (Blue dial 62MAS) for sale, let me know...
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 26th November 2020 at 11:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Top work Ben. If you see a SPB149J1 (Blue dial 6MAS) for sale, let me know...
    Will do Ken!

Can’t decide if I like the dial colour or not. Normally it’s an easy yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Can’t decide if I like the dial colour or not. Normally it’s an easy yes or no.

Buy now, worry later.

Top work Ben. If you see a SPB149J1 (Blue dial 62MAS) for sale, let me know...
    Try Ocarat. I got one at 20% off yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Try Ocarat. I got one at 20% off yesterday.

No longer available, you did well. Sorted now, picking one up from a WTB
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 26th November 2020 at 17:39.

Another to add to the one I already have lol

Master
    Also back in stock at Hillier and Goldsmiths.
    Last edited by Binsull; 26th November 2020 at 18:59.

Try and keep hold of it and prices should go up. When the Blue Hodinkee US LE Alpinists came out e-bay was full of them and people had to compete with each other to get the buyers. Something similar seems to be happening with the European now, everyone wants the quick kill straight away.

The Hodinkee US has really calmed down now and you don't see too many listed for sale, but prices have shot up on those.

Master
    Blog Entries

Any reason you have bought two? Lol

Craftsman
    Well done that man...
    If I see it on SC, I'll be tempted

Master
    The dial is lovely. Thinking too small for me though after trying on. I will sleep on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today, but shortly after ordering it an opportunity to buy a SPB149J1 arose, so I have listed the Alpinist on SC in case anyone missed out. I suspect it won't sell here and will end up on e-bay next time they have a £1 deal.

Nice watch though and lovely colour dial.

Mine arrived today, but shortly after ordering it an opportunity to buy a SPB149J1 arose, so I have listed the Alpinist on SC in case anyone missed out. I suspect it won't sell here and will end up on e-bay next time they have a £1 deal.

Nice watch though and lovely colour dial.
    Be interested in your thoughts on this version since you’ve handled so many Alpinists. How would you rank it compared to some of the others such as the US blue version?

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Be interested in your thoughts on this version since you’ve handled so many Alpinists. How would you rank it compared to some of the others such as the US blue version?
    It is very nice, the dial is a lovely colour, but as usual the things which divide opinion on these watches are the visuals such the Prospex logo, the cyclops and with this one the open case back. Lovers and haters on both sides.

The pic above shows that the US Hodinkee Blue was basically a blue dialled SARB017, this new one is certainly different from those older watches and the changes described above and the better movement in my mind justify the price tag for this limited edition.

It seems very popular and I'm guessing that most of the buyers on e-bay etc are from outside the EU just as most of the buyers of the Blue were from outside the US, basically those who missed out.

It will be interesting to see some proper wrist shots outside in decent weather when this new dial should really come into its own. I didn't buy to sell, but was offered the Blue 149 62MAS and unfortunately at this time can't keep both. It will fly on e-bay if no interest here. I'm surprised the hoovers haven't spotted it