closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: H. Moser Streamliner Chrono in Funky Blue

Master

H. Moser Streamliner Chrono in Funky Blue

A new release and, dare I say, a nicer looking watch that the first, gray version:

Same Agenhor movement (I think), but not cheap at around £33k. More info at: https://www.h-moser.com/collections/streamliner/

simon

Master
    Blog Entries
    agreed, this is the colour it should have been all along. Very nice.

Prefer the centre seconds though, that green is still unique to it and its a smaller watch... but then that chrono movement is something else

The beauty (or otherwise) of this brand really is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen members purring over the brand for years on here but with the exception of the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar I just don't get the fuss. Most of them wouldn't look out of place with 'Rotary' on the dial in Samuel's window for £99.

Journeyman
    I really like some of the other versions in the Streamliner series, however this one doesnt quite cut it for me - especially not at this price point.

Master
    Blog Entries
    think you need to handle a few. There in lies the issue, not many people have the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The beauty (or otherwise) of this brand really is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen members purring over the brand for years on here but with the exception of the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar I just don't get the fuss. Most of them wouldn't look out of place with 'Rotary' on the dial in Samuel's window for £99.
    I thought along similar lines. It reminded me of a Seiko Kinetic that I once bought for £120!

Colours and movement are a big yes for me, but the layout and weird combination of smooth space age pushers with the winder just jars my eyes. Easy no from me

Quote Originally Posted by uptheaddicks View Post
    I thought along similar lines. It reminded me of a Seiko Kinetic that I once bought for £120!
    And if it was reduced in H Samuels from £99 to £29, I still wouldn’t buy it!

I don’t know why the reactions to an innovative piece have to be negative. Surely something that’s different is to be welcomed - watches have got a bit samey of late compared to, say the nineties....

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I don’t know why the reactions to an innovative piece have to be negative. Surely something that’s different is to be welcomed - watches have got a bit samey of late compared to, say the nineties....
    Just cos something is innovative doesn’t mean you have to like it. I’m a Tudor fanboy and can’t stand the P01.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Just cos something is innovative doesn’t mean you have to like it. I’m a Tudor fanboy and can’t stand the P01.
    Aha, the old “reductio ad P01um” argument. Well played sir, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Aha, the old “reductio ad P01um” argument. Well played sir, well played.
    Was the analogy of not liking the look of an admittedly innovative Tudor not appropriate given the context of your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    A new release and, dare I say, a nicer looking watch that the first, gray version:

Same Agenhor movement (I think), but not cheap at around £33k. More info at: https://www.h-moser.com/collections/streamliner/

simon
    Stunning (!)

Such a beautiful movement, and yet they made the watch look like an Ebel.
    F.T.F.A.

The bracelet design reminds me of the military helmet worn by the female villain in Man of Steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0Ge673_es

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Such a beautiful movement, and yet they made the watch look like an Ebel.
    This is indeed the issue Bob, even the bracelet is great. The actual watch, just no.

Master
    Blog Entries
    can't speak much to this model tbh, not handled it. But i have handled the Matrix green streamliner.

hands down and honestly, its the best bracelet i have worn on the wrist. It flows and curves so well, the finish is as good as anyone and its different. I've literally owned every PP sports bracelet model and the main AP ROs, along with the usual Rolex. I can state that in my mind this is top 1 or 2, no question, and that's great news for Moser.

Dial is lovely and unique to them, and they deserve an award for doing something different.

Great effort all round. Like i mentioned, people need to actually hold these watches to get them, that's all.

It also seems more and more people are paying attend to the brand and this range in particular. Healthy waiting lists are appearing. Another plus for Moser in my eyes, you are dealing with a brand with 55 employees and sells 1500 watches. A true independent. When you want to speak to someone at Moser, you are usually speaking to the person who can get things done, that's refreshing. No Rolex AD games.
    Last edited by Kash; 19th November 2020 at 11:06.

Master
    I’m with Kash on this. The Streamliner is probably the most gorgeous and distinct watch I’ve ever owned. It feels very organic and the design and dial color give it a futuristic aesthetic. It’s unlike any other watch I’ve owned, and I’ve owned a fair handful.

If my boat comes in, I think the new Streamliner would be my chronograph of choice. If Moser ever release a proper diving Streamliner (unlikely), I’d be first on the list.

But, for the moment, I’ll enjoy this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    can't speak much to this model tbh, not handled it. But i have handled the Matrix green streamliner.

hands down and honestly, its the best bracelet i have worn on the wrist. It flows and curves so well, the finish is as good as anyone and its different. I've literally owned every PP sports bracelet model and the main AP ROs, along with the usual Rolex. I can state that in my mind this is top 1 or 2, no question, and that's great news for Moser.

Dial is lovely and unique to them, and they deserve an award for doing something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    The bracelet design reminds me of the military helmet worn by the female villain in Man of Steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0Ge673_es
    Nice. The bracelet reminds me of the metal-scales chinstraps on certain C19th military helmets, like this Pickeltraube -

Love every Streamliner I've seen so far - always nice to have something that's not just chasing the herd-mentality $£$£$£