closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Valuation advice on Chronosport 2 register Chronograph

Valuation advice on Chronosport 2 register Chronograph

Evening TZ collective bit of valuation advice please. After a couple of recent purchases im wanting to balance the books and sell a few watches, one of which is causing me a conundrum. It’s a c.1960s - 1970 Chronosport 2 register chronograph with a Valjoux 7733 inside (serviced in 2020). There dont seem to be a lot around so any advice on asking price appreciated (noting that it will only ever be worth what someones willing to pay but ive got to start somewhere). Not a lot about these on TZ but a thread here offers some Chronosport background. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ht=chronosport

Thanks all.

2022-08-11_09-37-21 by AndyR2011, on Flickr

2022-08-11_09-38-28 by AndyR2011, on Flickr

2022-08-11_09-39-02 by AndyR2011, on Flickr

Someone places some value on these.

Perhaps half that with the been-in-a-cement-mixer bezel?

And this - blimey!

I saw those, the eBay one has a different (nicer?) handset but i was surprised at the asking price too which partly prompted my conundrum thought. Yes mine has a very well loved🤣🤣(cement mixer) bezel and i i wasn't thinking a price near those 2 examples!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Someone places some value on these.

Perhaps half that with the been-in-a-cement-mixer bezel?

And this - blimey!
    I am heartily surprised. I wonder if they actually get that sort of money?

I am old enough to recall Chronosport ads in lots of car/leisure mags in the '70's (not sure they were ever sold in shops) and they were always pretty inexpensive.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I am heartily surprised. I wonder if they actually get that sort of money?

I am old enough to recall Chronosport ads in lots of car/leisure mags in the '70's (not sure they were ever sold in shops) and they were always pretty inexpensive.

Blimey, the style of that ad takes me back! Although, even as a kid in the 70s, I'd never have trusted anything from ads like it. That said, these don't look garbage, just rather generic.

Hard to imagine anyone would pay those prices, but then watch pricing has been pretty febrile for the last decade at least.

I have seen your advert on Sales corner , here is mine ..................................

Different bezel but same yachting style timer

[IMG] [/IMG]

I got mine from Ebay about a year or so ago , I have to agree that the one currently on Ebay is very expensive and has been relisted many times .

I love mine and dont think I would part with it .

As posted they were designed and sold at a cost for the average wage man, nothing wrong with them at all and they are good quality but Plated cases , standard cam switched movements will always hold there value back !

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Plated cases
    Really? The ones I’ve owned in the past were all steel.

Foggy

Heres my other Chronosport computer , which has a plated case !

[IMG] [/IMG]

I know my Chrono is steel and probably the Valjoux 72 equipped were steel ( top of the range ) . Im sure I have seen earlier Chronosports for sale with plated cases . This makes sense to me as they were trying to make good watches at reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Heres my other Chronosport computer , which has a plated case !
    Yes, I know those had plated cases, but the thread was talking about their chronographs. All of those that i have had have been all steel cases.

Foggy