closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Automatic wrong lugs

Seiko Automatic wrong lugs

I’ve had this watch years but rarely wear it due to it having the wrong lugs on it
    Any tips how to get the correct fitting ones for this strap?
    This one makes the pin bend so it looks poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you looking someone to change the lugs?

I probably haven’t made much sense , I’m after a way to find the correct lugs

Quote Originally Posted by Simonas View Post
    I probably haven’t made much sense , I’m after a way to find the correct lugs

I believe you are looking for correct bracelet end links, not lugs

Ok cheers
    I lost one of the original lugs and bought these and since then the pins bent due to the poor fit

I could be wrong but the bracelet looks correct for the watch. Did you buy it new?

It looks like the pins have bent due to use and you might be able to get new ones as long as the existing ones screw or push out. If so it’s a very simple fix.

Alternatively you could look on eBay for a replacement bracelet or even put it on a rubber dive strap or NATO. I have a couple of rubbers I’m selling at the moment so PM me if you’re interested.

The bracelets the original but the lugs and pin aren’t. I suspect the lugs do t quite fit properly.
    Do you know of any good websites to find correct lugs

End links. Not lugs. End links.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    End links. Not lugs. End links.

From the pictures, the bracelet end links look fine to me.
    Regarding the damage to the pin, it looks to me like the bracelet has been twisted or subjected to some sort of sideways impact or pressure and that has caused the damage. Id start just by fitting new spring bars.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

hopefully this will help, the end links and the spring bar seem to be the issue.

the 6 o'clock spring bar is rooted and looks like it has bend the end link. a new set of spring bars and a little reshape of the end link and you will be good.

It’s that end link that I thought was called a lug that I bought to replace a lost one that doesn’t quite fit properly. The pin was straight but doesn’t go through cleanly as holes don’t align.
    Any suggestions where to buy the right lugs and what info from watch do you need to ensure correct one

What you need to do is measure the gap between the lugs, which are the pointy out bits of the actual watch, I suspect they will be 20mm, then you need to measure the width of the last bit of the bracelet that connects to the end pieces, I suspect this will be 10mm, with this info you should be able to find curved end pieces to fit, alternatively look at the
    Numbers on the back of the watch, there will be a set of 4 and a - followed by another set of 4 numbers and letters eg 7548-7000. You can then search for a bracelet using this code ( the watches model number)
    Cheers..
    Jase

Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    What you need to do is measure the gap between the lugs, which are the pointy out bits of the actual watch, I suspect they will be 20mm, then you need to measure the width of the last bit of the bracelet that connects to the end pieces, I suspect this will be 10mm, with this info you should be able to find curved end pieces to fit, alternatively look at the
    Numbers on the back of the watch, there will be a set of 4 and a - followed by another set of 4 numbers and letters eg 7548-7000. You can then search for a bracelet using this code ( the watches model number)

7S26-0040 on the caseback which makes it an SKX033 with 22mm lug width. The bracelet from an SKX031 will also fit. If it was me I would replace that whole lose bracelet with a new one. Maybe the original Seiko clasp would swap over.

With screwed links

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newest-22...AAAOSw5IJWeCKx

Or push pins

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22mm-Soli...IAAOxyzrFR56rw
    Last edited by firefoxed; 18th August 2018 at 21:48.