closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Tudor Black Bay?

My trusted AD says they are not limited editions or limited runs but there are not many coming into the UK initially.

He will have one tomorrow and I will take a look at it and decide if I want it to join the blue.

I do wonder that if next year they decide to put the in-house movement in the black bay then this black edition will be in very low numbers with ETA and probably be quite sought after.
    Last edited by adesmith; 21st October 2015 at 18:58.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would agree Ade, it's marketed as a normal model on the Tudor site. I am going to see what's in LHR next month first, still kicking myself after not buying that explorer last week.
    Last edited by Middo; 21st October 2015 at 18:18.

Master
    Just been to have a quick look at the new black Black Bay. In summary, a very nice watch, and if I was choosing a Black Bay today, it would be a tricky choice. However, with a BBR and Pelagos already in my collection, I decided I would not swap either of them for the new black version.

Here's a couple of quick and dirty pictures:

Master
    Anyone have one in stock near them - trying to get one as a birthday present for the 5th Nov and non in this part of the world yet :(

Grand Master
    Frankly it could have been any colour, and the response would be the same. If the BB had started out with a black bezel, and the red was added later, people would be freaking out about that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly it could have been any colour, and the response would be the same. If the BB had started out with a black bezel, and the red was added later, people would be freaking out about that too.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Hats off to Tudor, that's a good looking watch. Will have a look in my local AD's if that's them starting to filter through (none in stock last week).

Picked mine up today and it is a great looking watch.

I own the blue and I think they are different enough to keep both with the blue having a very clinical dial. If I had owned the red the only difference would be the bezel so not sure that would have tempted me.

Ideally I would have liked this on the leather strap as I could use the blue bracelet on it and have a nice choice but bracelet was the only option in the shop.

I had to try it on with a Pelagos rubber strap though. Something told me it would look great and it does in my opinion! So, here we have it. Blackbay black on Pelagos rubber......

Master
    Looks good (although I prefer it on the bracelet). I agree with you - it's different enough from the blue version, but too close to the red to justify both.

Congratulations!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post

I own the blue and I think they are different enough to keep both with the blue having a very clinical dial. If I had owned the red the only difference would be the bezel so not sure that would have tempted me.

Ideally I would have liked this on the leather strap as I could use the blue bracelet on it and have a nice choice but bracelet was the only option in the shop.

I had to try it on with a Pelagos rubber strap though. Something told me it would look great and it does in my opinion! So, here we have it. Blackbay black on Pelagos rubber......

Hopefully mine is imminent, his blue and red brother needs company!

Wear in health.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post

^ so is that Pelagos end links, or BB ones?

Sorry for the daft question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    ^ so is that Pelagos end links, or BB ones?

Sorry for the daft question.
    Black bay end links

Master
    Thanks, now need to see the cost of the Pelagos strap.

Currently wearing my BB on an ISO, which I love but looks unfinished.

Journeyman
    Here is mine all purchased today!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Thanks, now need to see the cost of the Pelagos strap.

Currently wearing my BB on an ISO, which I love but looks unfinished.
    £225 gulp

Master
    Wow, at that price I'd rather buy the watch too!

Master
    Picked mine up today from Goldsmiths in Cardiff.

Really pleased with it, now I have all 3!

Pick up a couple of days ago:

The gilt dial is gorgeous and the overall feel and the looks of the watch is great. Very happy with it. Not sure if I could get something better at this price point.

Looks stunning, had red one myself but the black is amazing...

wearing mine on a Hirsch today. I love that this watch looks great on Nato, bracelet, leather, rubber. Makes it so versatile.

There is a limited range of Tudor watches including BB, Pelagos and Ranger in Eatons in Derby with 25% off if anyone is interested?

Banned
    XMAS SALE 2015

Hundreds of items are now reduced in our Xmas sale. 50% off all Baccarat jewellery! 25% off all Fope jewellery! 25% off all Chimento jewellery! 25% off selected diamond jewellery! 25% off all Raymond Weil watches! 25% off all Tudor watches!

thanks for the heads up

Master
    Wonder if that's on in-stock only and if there is interest free?

I dropped them a line to see what they had and whether they'd post...

They wouldn't post, however,

"We have 20 Tudor watches in our stock, all currently discounted by
    25%. We have Black Bay on leather strap, Ranger on bracelet and bund strap, several heritage chronographs. Also Grantour in various combinations."

Not quite what I was after, but might be of use to someone local or willing/able to travel.

I've owned the midnight blue but sold it last week , tried on the new black model on distressed leather and I think it's the best black bay to date , if you look online you can buy them new for around £1750-£1850 . Value for money watch in my opinion

Craftsman
    already 2.5 months ......

Master
    Blog Entries
    Spotted one of these in a window of a dealer yesterday. They are still out out there to buy.

Does anyone know how the lume compares to the Pelagos? That thing was like a torch!

Grand Master
    Had the blue and red both very nice.But for me the case is too thick,I'd have another if the case was more like a sub,but then it ain't a sub I guess!.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markosgr28 View Post
    Pick up a couple of days ago:

The gilt dial is gorgeous and the overall feel and the looks of the watch is great. Very happy with it. Not sure if I could get something better at this price point.
    That does look very nice,it got me thinking how nice it would look with painted plots eg the Pelagos,I'd be inclined to see if DB10 could do it if I get one,and I bet it wouldn't harm its value either.Removing the existing ones would be the issue.

Still looks nice as is too.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    Does anyone know how the lume compares to the Pelagos? That thing was like a torch!
    I have the Blue, and it's excellent. Probably the best I've had, beats my Sinn, just as legible at 6 am as it is at midnight. I don't have a Pelagos to compare it to but in the case of the Blue, I don't see why the lume mix - which is extremely white in daylight - would be any different.

The case thickness is actually less than an old Submariner, at 12.7mm. The appearance is altogether something else, as the caseback is flush, and the case metal is built "deep". I got used to it, don't look at it from the side (can't tell the time there), and from a distance it's not noticeable. It's just all part of the design language, similar to the modern Submariners and others, to make the watch look chunky without actually being that large.

From Les Rhabilleurs website:

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I have the Blue, and it's excellent. Probably the best I've had, beats my Sinn, just as legible at 6 am as it is at midnight. I don't have a Pelagos to compare it to but in the case of the Blue, I don't see why the lume mix - which is extremely white in daylight - would be any different.
    Cheers, Andrew. I read that the Black and Red Bays use green lume, but the Blue uses blue, so assume it's the same as Pelagos

Grand Master
    Cheers, Andrew. I read that the Black and Red Bays use green lume, but the Blue uses blue, so assume it's the same as Pelagos
    Ah. Well, the lume on mine is green as well. However, I can imagine that the Red and Black have slightly different luminosity colour because the material is tinted in daylight.

Not my pic, but it looks exactly like this:

Ah. Well, the lume on mine is green as well. However, I can imagine that the Red and Black have slightly different luminosity colour because the material is tinted in daylight.

Not my pic, but it looks exactly like this:

Ahh Double cheers... Should never have trusted WUS

Craftsman
    I have a Red Black Bay & a Pelagos. The lume on the Red Black Bay is green and softer than the Pelagos, which I think suits the faux vintage style better. The pip lume is not as bright as the dial lume on the Black bay.

Banned
    I can see why they need a new Black Bay. Everybody has already had the old one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    I can see why they need a new Black Bay. Everybody has already had the old one.
    Marketing that works. I'm more than happy with my red one, but I can't help but lust after a black one in addition!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorex View Post
    Marketing that works. I'm more than happy with my red one, but I can't help but lust after a black one in addition!
    I like the red one, which is a bit different but expensive for a watch I'd only wear occasionally - I find the Blue easier to get on with daily. However, the price of used ones appears to have slumped a bit recently as there are so many old ones now available for sale; several people have pointed out recently how many used ones there are for sale on here, eBay and so forth.

Craftsman
    I like the red one, which is a bit different but expensive for a watch I'd only wear occasionally - I find the Blue easier to get on with daily. However, the price of used ones appears to have slumped a bit recently as there are so many old ones now available for sale; several people have pointed out recently how many used ones there are for sale on here, eBay and so forth.
    The Blue dial looks a bit too cold and void of character for me, but I can imagine that it'd make a good daily as you pointed out, and this highlights the beauty of the Heritage range that offers something for everybody. Don't get me wrong I still like the Blue Bay, and in a perfect world I'd own all three :-)

Still loving it without reservations

Observant folks will notice that I still have stickers on!