closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch buying days are over...

Master

Watch buying days are over...

...or so I tell myself. Picked up a Rolex Milgauss a few days back from ASW1 and I’m now convinced my watch buying days are over. On a sunny spring day is there a better looking watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Congratulations. Why stop though
    The Tudor Pelagos (blue dial) looks great

Master
    Congrats great watch.

My watch buying days are also over with my last purchase, the one before that and the one before that one too . . . .

Master
    Only a fool keeps buying and selling for the sake of it. I last bought a watch a couple of years ago and have no intention of ever doing so again.

^^^^^^

Nice, happy perspective about watches - on a watch enthusiasts forum.

Well done Mick!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Apprentice
    The way this catches the light is sooo good.

Congratulations
    I've really fallen for that particular model over the years.
    I can enjoy a simple black dial for eons so that would certainly keep my eyes entertained
    Gray

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never say never!!! Ive gone back up to 4 after consolidating to 3!

Give it a few months :)

Congrats!!!!

Master
    "Watch buying days are over..."

As spoken by a true addict!

Master
    Watch buying days are over....”for now”!

Love the watch though, had the black dial GV years ago now but the blue dial is just a little extra special for me. The green edged crystal glints really nice when the sun hits it, case has a satisfying heft to it and the bracelet super comfy. Did think for a while whether it was worth the extra over the black dial OP 39mm I have but now the Milgauss is on my wrist glad I made the jump up. Happy days

I've always liked that version, the blue dial, green tint crystal and the orange second hand all work well together.

Enjoy it for now, until the next watch catches your eye. If you don't buy another watch later on you will forever me known as Mick P II and you don't want that

I've always loved the blue Milgauss from the time I developed a real interest in mechanical watches. I agree blue dial, green tinge and orange second hand is a striking combo. Size is great too. I will have one at some time.

Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

It sure looks nice under that sun.

Congrats on the purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    ^^^^^^

Nice, happy perspective about watches - on a watch enthusiasts forum.

Well done Mick!
    You love a dig don't you.

My point is simple, an enthusiast will buy a watch because he likes it. If he wants another , he buys it and then he has two. If he likes another, he buys it and then he has three and so on. So he eventually ends up with a nice little hoard.

Those who buy and sell usually lose in the process and end up with not a lot.

I have seven watches that I like, why on earth would I ever sell one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    You love a dig don't you.

My point is simple, an enthusiast will buy a watch because he likes it. If he wants another , he buys it and then he has two. If he likes another, he buys it and then he has three and so on. So he eventually ends up with a nice little hoard.

Those who buy and sell usually lose in the process and end up with not a lot.

I have seven watches that I like, why on earth would I ever sell one.
    One might sell a watch in your position, if another watch became available that the individual liked more than some or at least one of the seven current watches, but could not afford to buy the next watch without selling.

Its worth noting that different people have different perspectives - god knows it would be strange place round here if everyone had my OCD in relation to watch buying.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    One might sell a watch in your position, if another watch became available that the individual liked more than some or at least one of the seven current watches, but could not afford to buy the next watch without selling.

Its worth noting that different people have different perspectives - god knows it would be strange place round here if everyone had my OCD in relation to watch buying.
    I can see the point about having to sell in order to buy but the reality in such cases is that the enthusiast will have to sell and buy quickly and that is a dead certain way to lose money.

The sensible way is to buy what you like when you have the funds and not before.

Well done, very nice watch and looks great on your wrist.

I tried on the black dial GV at an AD in Ho Chi Minh District 1 yesterday. I was surprised to actually see it in there. I've always liked the look of them but it felt quite small on the wrist.

It was £6400 with 7.8% vat return (if you were heading back to the UK). Not sure what UK RRP is?

Watch buying days are over...

That watch is an absolute knockout. One of my favourite Rolex models, partly because it’s such a departure from their usual colour palette. I expect most non-enthusiasts would be surprised to discover that it’s a Rolex.

It’s a gorgeous thing, and in my view it’s a real triumph in design to use such a vibrant combination of colours, along with the ‘lightning bolt’ hand, and still end up with watch that looks beautiful and prestigious as well as fun. I can’t think of another watch like it. I hope it makes you smile every time you look at it.

Blog Entries
    Only a fool keeps buying and selling for the sake of it. I last bought a watch a couple of years ago and have no intention of ever doing so again.
    Another classic post from one of the forums most miserable personas. Cheer up Mick

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Hi

I am bloody happy old chap. I have a nice little collection of watches and I could easily sell the lot and make a profit on everyone. Also I have the right amount that suits me.

All I have done is point out that buying and selling is usually a loss making experience.

Master
    You have taste, sir. A fine 'exit' watch, although, of course, it won't be. ;-)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master

All I have done is point out that buying and selling is usually a loss making experience.
    But you haven’t though, you called anyone doing this a ‘fool’ which is complete and utter rubbish. One of the fascinations with this hobby is that tastes can change. 5 or 10 years ago I’d never have predicted the collection I’ve got today and who knows, in 5 or 10 years it may be different again.

Be bland and vanilla, that’s fine, but don’t expect everyone else to be.

Master
    Hi

I am bloody happy old chap. I have a nice little collection of watches and I could easily sell the lot and make a profit on everyone. Also I have the right amount that suits me.

You say you could easily sell your whole collection for a profit...but then next say buying/selling is a loss making experience. Make your mind up.

Master
    What a lovely combination of colours. Really nice watch.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    You say you could easily sell your whole collection for a profit...but then next say buying/selling is a loss making experience. Make your mind up.
    I think he means if your flipping watches regularly in short order it’s possible to loose money easily
    But buying and keeping hold of quality watches for a good period of time usually means your collection is an appreciating asset

I personally see nothing wrong with his approach
    I personally hadn’t bought a decent watch for a good few years and had no intention of buying one either ,until two came along in short order ;-)

Craftsman
    Lovely watch Mike, does this mean the OP will/has moved on?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Lovely watch Mike, does this mean the OP will/has moved on?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes, the OP is up on SC. Unfortunately have to make room in the safe...and keep the wife happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Lovely watch.

Blog Entries
    You are getting very colourful Mike! I hope you still get time to enjoy the YM?? That Milguass is rather special, we’ll done!

Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Its worth noting that different people have different perspectives...
    This is true of course, but only Mick's perspective is the right perspective and we should bow down to his superior insight.

I do like the Milgauss, one of the few modern Rolex models that really does it for me. Nice one.