closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: zenith el primero chrono

Craftsman

zenith el primero chrono

discounted here if anyone's after one

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...CMi6awT9TLoMUQ

Whilst that is very lovely, and it is great to see that Zenith have learnt how to stack the sub-dials so they are legible now, I am afraid I do not see that as a £7k watch, so the offer price looks much more sensible to me.
    Maybe my pricing ideas are a little out of date too......

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

Dave
    No they are not. The manufacturers will have to come back to reality. Don't worry, it's on the horizon.

Banned
    With the weak pound I would have thought prices would be going the other way (unfortunately for you guys).

prices on all luxury watches have gone up massively over the last few years, my first watch was a Brietling Steelfish which was around £1600 new! I would imagine that would be around the £3k mark now.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    The manufacturers will have to come back to reality. Don't worry, it's on the horizon.
    I know that seeking value for money in luxury items is somewhat of a contradictory fools errand, but the way prices are going I’m pretty unmotivated to buy much new these days. I don’t like having the p*ss taken with watches that are ramping-up in price with no correlation re increased quality. It’s not a new trend by any means, but it seems more pronounced in recent times.

Master
    But isn’t a high retail price a necessary condition for ‘luxury’ goods? Reducing prices could actually put buyers off.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    But isn’t a high retail price a necessary condition for ‘luxury’ goods? Reducing prices could actually put buyers off.
    My thoughts exactly.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Whilst that is very lovely, and it is great to see that Zenith have learnt how to stack the sub-dials so they are legible now, I am afraid I do not see that as a £7k watch, so the offer price looks much more sensible to me.

Dave
    I’m with you on that...between £4-5K for an El Primero depending on condition etc is “reasonable”...can’t see why you’d want to pay more than that for one.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    prices on all luxury watches have gone up massively over the last few years, my first watch was a Brietling Steelfish which was around £1600 new! I would imagine that would be around the £3k mark now.
    You may want to double that