closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Received supposedly new watch from Jura

Craftsman
    Their Reply..

They just dont want to refund you.. makes it quite hard work..

Good Morning,

Our ordering team are working closely with Ball to see if we can obtain a new watch for you in the timescale you have requested.

They will have more information later today and will be in touch as soon as they have this for you.

Best Regards,

Jura Watches Customer Service
    Jura Watches
    King Street | Ashbourne | DE6 1EA
    Tel:01335453453 (+44)
    www.jurawatches.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If they can get me a new watch Im ok with that.. but why not just follow clear instructions to cancel and refund me..

Craftsman
    That’s poor service by Jura and would put me off buying from them in future.

Craftsman
    All resolved after a bit of hassle..
    Ive exchanged it for a Damasko DC66 on a bracelet .. which was just in to stock.. with a ten percent discount..
    A result of sorts and a watch brand ive been interested on for a while..
    This should definitely not have scratches!!!
    Anyone fancy buying the bracelet? As I dont wear them..
    PM me if you do

Glad it's been resolved, but are you really happy with the result?

Craftsman
    Ill tell you tomorrow when I see the watch in person!!
    As long as its as good as they say I would say I am happy and I believe the Damasko will be something different in my collection as I have four dive watches so may be a good thing to have happened .. albeit in a round about way..
    To be fair this was done over the phone.. they called me and said three weeks for a replacement Ball.. I said no and I suggested the Damasko and they did a deal on it for me which all around I think is fair..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SpydieNut View Post
    That’s poor service by Jura and would put me off buying from them in future.
    Same here have been eyeing up a watch for them for a few months

Journeyman
    I nearly bought something of them once, but after reading this thread I'm glad I didn't

Craftsman
    Glad this thread has helped you make your mind up...believe me if the Damasko has damage I will blow a fuse..

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    All resolved after a bit of hassle..
    Ive exchanged it for a Damasko DC66 on a bracelet .. which was just in to stock.. with a ten percent discount..
    A result of sorts and a watch brand ive been interested on for a while..
    This should definitely not have scratches!!!
    Anyone fancy buying the bracelet? As I dont wear them..
    PM me if you do

It’s not a given that your bracelet will fit another Damasko, even the same model. Aftermarket buyers were asked to send their watches in to have the bracelets fitted. Natos that are an easy fit on my DC56 are a tighter fit on my DA37.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up.. does that apply to recent models.. as they sell the bracelet separate from the watch also..even though mine is on the bracelets

Journeyman
    An interesting thread.

My experience has been that watches being sold online at discount by companies, especially those with 'bricks and mortar' stores, often send out display and returned models. I have some sympathy for the retailers due to the high level of returns occurring and some of these watches are high value - but ultimately its disappointing and against the law to pass used goods as new.

Craftsman
    Need some help and advice..
    Watch arrived... guess what no plastic protection at all on the watch.. apparently thy had run out so decided to send it out without but it was inspected before delivery..
    As it happens a bit of a metal rub on the lug but as its Ice hardened steel it wiped off.. so luckily no physical damage... but no extra screws or a screwdriver for the bracelet..apparently they do not supply with the facctory fitted bracelet...
    But worse to come... chrono sexond hand sweep all stuttering only showing 4 beats on most of the dial... after researching this apparently it is common with Damasko DC66 and doesnt affect timekeeping..
    Jura have said they may have another or it would be 4 weeks for a replacement from Damasko..
    Any other owners of a 7750 chrono who could advise me .. as if its normal and wont affect the timekeeping I will chance a return to Damasko in 6 months for adjustment..
    Phew what did I do to deserve this...
    Its a lovely watch apart from this!!!!

Similar thing happened to me with my ‘new’ Heuer 02 from them. When the watch eventually arrived, it was just floating around it it’s box with no plastic tag, or wrapping - it really felt like someone else had worn it before me but I couldn’t prove it and had given up the will to argue by that stage.

The lesson I learned was that the benefits of seeing what you’re actually buying sometimes outweigh the convenience of buying online.

Need some help and advice..
    Watch arrived... guess what no plastic protection at all on the watch.. apparently thy had run out so decided to send it out without but it was inspected before delivery..
    As it happens a bit of a metal rub on the lug but as its Ice hardened steel it wiped off.. so luckily no physical damage... but no extra screws or a screwdriver for the bracelet..apparently they do not supply with the facctory fitted bracelet...
    But worse to come... chrono sexond hand sweep all stuttering only showing 4 beats on most of the dial... after researching this apparently it is common with Damasko DC66 and doesnt affect timekeeping..
    Jura have said they may have another or it would be 4 weeks for a replacement from Damasko..
    Any other owners of a 7750 chrono who could advise me .. as if its normal and wont affect the timekeeping I will chance a return to Damasko in 6 months for adjustment..
    Phew what did I do to deserve this...
    Its a lovely watch apart from this!!!!

I'd give up and go elsewhere.

Master
    Buying a new watch is meant to be an enjoyable occasion. But this sounds about as enjoyable as a prostate examination.

I bought my GS from Jura and had no issues with them, or the watch. I am however still waiting for my free watch winder which they don't have in stock due to a 'problem with the supplier'. This has been the case since April! This thread has reminded me to bug them for it again!

Regarding buying from an online retailer, you could end up with a 'used' watch - this is not just with online purchases. I bought a Pelegos from Goldsmiths a couple of years ago and decided to return it after a few days as I decided against it (it was the left-hand version). They took it back after examining it but technically, it wasn't 'new' after that.

Master

Received supposedly new watch from Jura

I’m still waiting for a winder as well, must have been early 2017 that I bought the watch. I am sure it will come any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    I bought my GS from Jura and had no issues with them, or the watch. I am however still waiting for my free watch winder which they don't have in stock due to a 'problem with the supplier'. This has been the case since April! This thread has reminded me to bug them for it again!

Regarding buying from an online retailer, you could end up with a 'used' watch - this is not just with online purchases. I bought a Pelegos from Goldsmiths a couple of years ago and decided to return it after a few days as I decided against it (it was the left-hand version). They took it back after examining it but technically, it wasn't 'new' after that.
    Ah, the old free Jura watch winder promise. They agreed to send me a luxury, limited edition one as compensation for their crap level of customer service. I waited almost a year for it despite regular chasing and then a bog standard CW Sellors one turned up. Still, grateful for small mercies I suppose...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Ah, the old free Jura watch winder promise. They agreed to send me a luxury, limited edition one as compensation for their crap level of customer service. I waited almost a year for it despite regular chasing and then a bog standard CW Sellors one turned up. Still, grateful for small mercies I suppose...
    They still havent got any , I had a letter also stating they had run out of stock and would forward that on in due course,,

So tomorrow they have had shipped to their Ashbourne branch another DC66 Damasko..which apparently has been checked by their store manager in Leeds, it is their display model but there is nothing wrong with it and no marks and the chrono runs smooth as silk,,,apparently...but as a back up Ive also asked them to send the Sinn 103 along also, just to compare the 7750 action between the two..
    So im going to have to bloody drive there, but I cannot be arsed with this back and two mallarkey anymore so tomorrow if its not resolved i will leave the watch there, and get a refund..and I wont leave the shop until that is actioned!!!

It is worse than a prostate examination

To show how a watch should arrive ( this Marc and Sons came today) was packaged, wrapped and with a compliments slip signed and delivered from Germany....It is possible to deliver good customer service..

Picture to follow

Craftsman

Lovely watch.

I feel your pain mate. I had a similar experience with an AD and then with Omega/Swatch group that lasted nearly a year and it is worse than a prostate exam: at least that’s over relatively quickly....

Master
    Very unimpressive QC from Jura. Now on ze list.

Master
    I would only buy from them again if I get an amazing deal like 40% off. I certainly wouldn’t buy anywhere near RRP given the lack of after care.

Overall they won’t go on ze list for me but I’d buy only in exceptional circumstances and maybe a store pick up would be a good option. Be prepared to walk away if they mess you around.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    I would only buy from them again if I get an amazing deal like 40% off. I certainly wouldn’t buy anywhere near RRP given the lack of after care.

Overall they won’t go on ze list for me but I’d buy only in exceptional circumstances and maybe a store pick up would be a good option. Be prepared to walk away if they mess you around.
    Couldn't be bothered with the hassle; there're too many alternatives.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Couldn't be bothered with the hassle; there're too many alternatives.
    Don’t blame you but the odd 40% off Grand Seikos can be quite tempting..

Craftsman
    Decisions Decisions
    One thing ive learnt tonight is that t
    The stutter is indeed a characteristic of the 7750 unmodified.. so waste of time changing it as it will likely be the same!!!
    But which looks best rubber strap or the bracelet!!
    Please let me have your thoughts..

I prefer the look of the rubber.

That's a hard one but I marginally prefer the steel.

P.S. it's a lovely watch and nicer than the Ball!

The bracelet looks better imo, but what's up with the date change?

Craftsman
    It was part way when i went to adjust the time .. its fine now..
    Lines up well.. i havent bothered exchanging it as the stutter on the chrono is well documented on a chronometer grade 7750. Believe it or not its less common on the standard grade. But ETA do not allow modifications to their chronometer grade movements... so I can live with that as the small second hand is smooth as silk..

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I assumed that was just in the stages of changing, as it's 11:30ish

I've bought from Jura once.

Once.

Craftsman
    Once might be the common theme here

I'm having lunch with the Jura MD later. Do you want me to show him the thread ?

Sent from my Pixel using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JFW View Post
    I'm having lunch with the Jura MD later. Do you want me to show him the thread ?

I think you should. And ask him where the watch winders are too!

I think you should. And ask him where the watch winders are too!

Will do

Will do

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Fairly standard with a 775x movement. It would be interesting to see if the IWC LPP chrono does it to or if it’s been modified to prevent this.

Craftsman
    Yes I would appreciate it if you did.. and ask him to meet me personally in Ashbourne on Monday afternoon so we can discuss how to prevent further issues...

Journeyman
    Tough luck, I hope you got your refund but nevertheless it's an awesome watch! Love the tritium hands...

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I've bought from Jura once.

Once.
    Me too. Wouldn’t bother again and in fact didn’t and bought my next Sinn from Chronomaster.

Did you speak with him about the thread? What was his reaction?

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear it! Although the watch is lovely. That second hand is gorgeous!

Given the number of threads criticising Jura's poor service over the years I would't go anywhere near them.

It sounds like they share the inner circle of hell along with slime like Page and Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    Me too. Wouldn’t bother again and in fact didn’t and bought my next Sinn from Chronomaster.
    Sadly, the only online retailer I've found who were worse.

Journeyman
    You really find out about companies when you have a problem. I would avoid Jura no matter how tempting the deal was.

Journeyman
    In a way I'm happy to see that other people have had poor experience of Jura and it wasn't just me. I bought a Seiko Diver from them once which the rubber band clasp wasn't finished properly and had a sharp point sticking out. Wearing it was quite uncomfortable. I emailed Jura who washed themselves of all responsibility because they said their after sales care does not cover the straps. They would however seek to find a replacement for me to buy. They did not even follow through with that. In the end I gave up because I would be changing the rubber band for other straps anyway.

Did you speak with him about the thread? What was his reaction?

Hi Raff,. We had to postpone, sadly I didn't get a chance to bring this up sorry.

Master
    As is often the case, these criticisms of a trader quickly become a bit one-sided. If Jura were really as awful as they appear in this thread, how come they are still in business?
    I've bought maybe six watches from them; all arrived, all appeared new , although I had to pester them for paperwork. I bought off them because of the discounts. They're not very good, but I doubt they are quite as awful as this thread would suggest. No trader can provide really shoddy service and survive for long.
    If the price was right, I'd still buy from them, but with some caution.
    Last edited by paskinner; 17th September 2018 at 21:16.