closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying advice.

Apprentice

Buying advice.

Hey guys I'm a newbie to the forum.

I was in an AD but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the prices knowing some of the grey dealer prices available.

I have found a grey dealer in Italy called show commerce. They seem to be good. Found many people saying they had transactions go fine with them and not a single person say anything to the contrary? Can anyone weigh in?

I was always planning on buying my first Rolex from an American online dealer. I used to be on the American version of this forum but with the dollar being as strong as it is, that's no longer a good deal.

Does anyone know of any UK equivalent? I have heard of Rolexroz and he was recommended to me before however I read when researching him he requires cash sent in RMSD envelopes and I'm not comfortable with this. Is this true? Can anyone recommend another similar dealer with a decent reputation?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by JJ19; 10th April 2015 at 17:15.

Dominic Hackett of Hackett Watches is brilliant for new Rolex (and everything else), give him a call (or drop him a mail.

http://www.hackettwatches.com/hw/

Craftsman
    Show commerce is legit I was peeved with them though as they raised the price of a sub from 6100 euros to 6750 pretty much overnight as I was ready to pull the trigger!

Master
    Used these before and also have a shop on the high street just down the road from you.

Many good reviews online and from this forum.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/?gcli...bE1RoCdWrw_wcB

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Used these before and also have a shop on the high street just down the road from you.

Many good reviews online and from this forum.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/?gcli...bE1RoCdWrw_wcB
    Thanks, I've heard of them but they'e £500 more expensive for the watch I'm after

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Show commerce is legit I was peeved with them though as they raised the price of a sub from 6100 euros to 6750 pretty much overnight as I was ready to pull the trigger!
    They seem to have the best prices in Europe. They haven't replied to the e-mail I sent yesterday morning which leads me to believe they're slow communicators which would really stress me out in the middle of a transaction

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Dominic Hackett of Hackett Watches is brilliant for new Rolex (and everything else), give him a call (or drop him a mail.

http://www.hackettwatches.com/hw/
    Thanks, I'll give him a try.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ19 View Post
    Thanks, I've heard of them but they'e £500 more expensive for the watch I'm after

They seem to have the best prices in Europe. They haven't replied to the e-mail I sent yesterday morning which leads me to believe they're slow communicators which would really stress me out in the middle of a transaction

Thanks, I'll give him a try.
    I would call them they get hundreds of emails daily so it's better to call. The guy that runs it is called riccardo

Master
    Are Ancient & Modern still doing Rolex? Not heard from them for a while.
    I have heard mixed reviews - a couple of my customers won't go near them - but I think they were fairly well priced for new (sorry, ahem, pre-owned but unworn) Rolex.

*EDIT* Apologies, A&M are also Iconic watches - who have a superb online reputation.

Apprentice
    I would call them they get hundreds of emails daily so it's better to call. The guy that runs it is called riccardo
    Have you personally dealt with them before? Any issues with the transaction?

Craftsman
    Just as above... Was going to but they raised their prices pretty much overnight so I pulled out. I would have no hesitation to deal with them though and you can use a credit card for peace of mind

Apprentice
    Just as above... Was going to but they raised their prices pretty much overnight so I pulled out. I would have no hesitation to deal with them though and you can use a credit card for peace of mind
    Oh right, wasn't sure if that was the only instance you'd used them. I probably wouldn't use a card though. I use a currency broker as they give me a rate of £1 to 1.36 euros as of this morning. So the payment from my card would go to them and then on to Italy. I don't think that would be covered through my card. Might be worth ringing up my card company and seeing what rate they do though.

I've got a call in to a UK dealer atm. He's getting back to me. Would much prefer to deal with him for a slight premium. Supporting a UK business and some more security. If he doesn't give me the price I'm after, I'll call show commerce.

Master
    I tried to use Show Commerce... but had countless problems using their Payment system. Riccardo said he couldn't help and that it must have been my card (despite my bank saying it wasn't)... so I took my business to Iconic (using the same card).
    Show Commerce had good prices though.

Craftsman
    Arrrrrrg after all I have just said the dealer that is sourcing me my 116610ln has just contacted me to say he can't get one and is refunding me!! Seems submariners are hard to come by!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    I tried to use Show Commerce... but had countless problems using their Payment system. Riccardo said he couldn't help and that it must have been my card (despite my bank saying it wasn't)... so I took my business to Iconic (using the same card).
    Show Commerce had good prices though.
    Exactly the same issues I had, funnily enough Watchfinders had no issue processing the card. When I spoke to my card provider they said their system showed no record of the attempted transactions. Riccardo did suggest going down the bank transfer route but given the complete denial of any issue with their Visa processing system I wasn't filled with confidence.

Master
    ^^^ yep, I sent Riccardo the emails from his payment gateway (Constriv ?) with the transaction codes showing the failure etc.. but he wasn't particularly bothered. Just like you, bank said there was no record of any of my transaction attempts ever getting as far as them from the merchant/payment gateway. Also was given the Bank Transfer suggestion by Riccardo but I wanted my purchase covered by my credit card provider, so that was a non-starter.

Apprentice
    Well the person I was contacting in the UK (Dom as mentioned earlier) has fallen through. No fault of his at all. He seems very pleasant but I'm guessing nobody in the UK can beat the EU prices atm. Problem is the one person who I was happy with in Italy doesn't seem to want to get back to me. Maybe some things aren't meant to be....

Rolexroz is a top guy to deal with. If you're not comfortable posting RM, you could always meet up with him.

http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/

I haven't used them myself but they were a favourite with guys I worked with at numerous BFPO addresses and nobody ever had any problems.