timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Advice required on a difficult situation

Master
    Double

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    This. Irrespective of the reasons given for the watch being damaged etc, the seller spent the money before the deal was complete.
    This. No need to go mad.Just a name and the facts.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The facts have been stated by vortgern, if he doesn't wish to name due to the sellers (maybe true) mothers illness then that's up to him, it will take anyone who is bothered 30 seconds to find a watch on SC sold for that amount with a post in the thread from vortgern.......look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    The facts have been stated by vortgern, if he doesn't wish to name due to the sellers (maybe true) mothers illness then that's up to him, it will take anyone who is bothered 30 seconds to find a watch on SC sold for that amount with a post in the thread from vortgern.......look it up.
    That won't help future buyers who rely on H&V as guidance.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    We might know now but thread will be eventually be forgotten and newcomers won’t even know of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    We might know now but thread will be eventually be forgotten and newcomers won’t even know of it.
    FWIW, I understand and agree with Vortgern’s reasoning. If his mother really is on her deathbed then it’s understandable and forgivable.

If it’s just the first of a series of bad deals then they will no doubt flag up on H&V and Vortgern May then chose to add his voice re this deal.

If this thread is forgotten and newcomers know nothing of it, then that’s a sign that the seller is actually trustworthy and this was just a one off at a particularly difficult time for him.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    FWIW, I understand and agree with Vortgern’s reasoning. If his mother really is on her deathbed then it’s understandable and forgivable.

If it’s just the first of a series of bad deals then they will no doubt flag up on H&V and Vortgern May then chose to add his voice re this deal.

If this thread is forgotten and newcomers know nothing of it, then that’s a sign that the seller is actually trustworthy and this was just a one off at a particularly difficult time for him.

Time will tell.
    Hmmm. Let's not forget the dog which knocked the watch out of his hand before his mother fell ill. Also, that he forgot to tell the OP that the watch had been knocked out of his hand by his dog.

Surely a coincidence?

Time will tell.
    Well good luck then whoever does the next deal.

Well good luck then whoever does the next deal.
    I get that, it a potential risk but put yourself in Vortgern’s shoes if it’s true about his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hmmm. Let's not forget the dog which knocked the watch out of his hand before his mother fell ill. Also, that he forgot to tell the OP that the watch had been knocked out of his hand by his dog.

Surely a coincidence?
    a colleague was complaining that someone didn't return his emails/calls, so he went to this person's boss. boss comes on all apologetic and says "no excuses; rather than say the dog ate the homework it is sometimes better to say you slept in".

I get that, it a potential risk but put yourself in Vortgern’s shoes if it’s true about his mother.
    Presumably he's had some communication, could comment that he believes the story is true.

Craftsman

Time will tell.
    Bit late maybe to help whoever got the bad deal then though.

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Bit late maybe to help whoever got the bad deal then though.
    I don’t disagree; it’s s tough call.

Just post it in H&V, simple factual description what has happened and leave the hero/villain conclusion open for any member to decide.

I cannot believe we have villain posts when an item wasn't delivered in two days (and most seem to agree) but this behaviour goes unreported.

Master
    Now the thread is back on track.

Dog excuse , escalated to family crisis .. typical excuse mongering structure of a pay day loan scam.

It takes less time to do a bank transfer than to communicate the excuses. Anyone in that situation for real would simply refund , apologise and not make their own problems the buyer’s as the simplest option.

The money has now been refunded so its an end to the matter. Its up to the OP whether he names and shames in H&V and no one else should really badger him to do so regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Its up to the OP whether he names and shames in H&V and no one else should really badger him to do so regardless.
    I disagree.
    The OP solicited the help of the forum to turn his potentially expensive bad experience into a cheap one.

We will never know how much potential peer pressure helped in the resolution, or not. But help was requested and the forum responded.

And now you are suggesting he could walk away, with the money back in his pocket, and potentially leave other (new) members fall victim to the same mishap without putting a word of warning?

Sounds a bit like I’m all right, Jack!, no?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I disagree.
    The OP solicited the help of the forum to turn his potentially expensive bad experience into a cheap one.

We will never know how much potential peer pressure helped in the resolution, or not. But help was requested and the forum responded.

And now you are suggesting he could walk away, with the money back in his pocket, and potentially leave other (new) members fall victim to the same mishap without putting a word of warning?

Right or wrong it is what OP agreed to do, so I think he is correct to stand by his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdong View Post
    Right or wrong it is what OP agreed to do, so I think he is correct to stand by his word.
    Has he said that?

Craftsman
    Has he said that?
    That's certainly how I interpreted #42

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Many thanks for the replies and advice.

I have via text message given the seller a further period to refund me, and informed him that I’ll begin legal action and post details in H&V if I don’t have my £1375 refund by then.

I’ll update this post / H&V if there are developments.

This is the pertinent part for me:

‘On Sunday evening I received a reply that the seller didn’t have enough in his account to refund me in full but would pay me back on Tuesday.’

It should be in H&V as whilst all the other excuses may be entirely true, he spent someone else’s money and caused enough worry to warrant the OP, plus however much time chasing.

Many know who it is now, but surely the point is to let new members make an informed decision before dealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I disagree.

Got it in one.

Master
    Nice, OP solicits forum support to receive a refund. Then he can’t be bothered to reply here or start an HV thread to support forum.

I have no idea who the seller was so I could ultimately end up dealing with him and the same thing happening. Even if I checked now I’d now doubt forget within a month

However, I certainly would never deal with the OP based on this and the original Rotary incident!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Nice, OP solicits forum support to receive a refund. Then he can’t be bothered to reply here or start an HV thread to support forum.

I have no idea who the seller was so I could ultimately end up dealing with him and the same thing happening. Even if I checked now I’d now doubt forget within a month

However, I certainly would never deal with the OP based on this and the original Rotary incident!
    You need to start a list. Call it "ze list" . . .
    F.T.F.A.

I was typing and checking my H&V post while you were posting your comment that I ‘can’t be bothered’.

The thread is here:
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...93#post5175393

I am sorry to hear that you would never deal with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Dog excuse, escalated to family crisis... typical excuse mongering structure of a pay day loan scam.
    FWIW, I've stood Fenwick's down.

Master
    I was typing and checking my H&V post while you were posting your comment that I ‘can’t be bothered’.

The thread is here:

I am sorry to hear that you would never deal with me.
    Well maybe a bit harsh, Im sure I would. I’m glad it’s resolved and good luck

Master
    Well maybe a bit harsh, Im sure I would. I’m glad it’s resolved and good luck
    Some of the words you might be looking for are “I’m sorry”...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Some of the words you might be looking for are “I’m sorry”...
    Unlike some on this forum I don’t like to upset anyone regardless of right or wrong. However what happened to the OP was outrageous.

No need to stir the situation further so I’d put the spoon down.

I was typing and checking my H&V post....

The thread is here:
    @vortgern
    Could I suggest that you edit your OP to include the same H&V link as above, as there is now 7 pages of this thread, most of which people do not need to read but if they do, they are likely to have lost the will to live by the time they see your link on page 7.

Glad the issue resolved itself in the end and the calm, level headed way you handled the situation is a credit to you.

I would certainly deal with Vortgern, however not with any of the two subjects of the two threads which he started.

Not another temperamental watchmaker?