closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    It goes back to issues with tory government in the 80s - the irony of match going fans is that half of them wont even be aware why they are doing it
    Again not a Liverpool fan but I’m certain they’ll all know exactly why they’re booing.

I'm in Milan currently and talking to Italian colleagues about Conte. The view locally is he is a superb manager if he isn't working with superstars but if he has a bunch of egos to manage it is a disaster. He is apparently known for overwhelming micromanagement, calling players at 3am asking if they are having sex with their wives, or at 6am in the morning asking what they are eating for breakfast and it is very intrusive and obsessive, however his ability to apply a clear 'point and click' approach for young/developing players to learn a system is incredible. But stick Ronaldo, Mbappe etc in his team and fireworks would go off

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    December 2021 rock bottom with 7 points from 14 games . . .

Fast forward to today and in 12th place with 46 points and a real possibility of a top half finish.
    Something interesting I noted:

On the Dec. 21 table, NUFC are scoring at a rate of 1.142 goals per game - 16 goals in 14 games.

As it stands today, NUFC have scored 42 goals in 37 games: that's a scoring rate of 1.135: a slight drop from the Dec. 21 figure.

From Dec. 21 to today, NUFC has scored 26 goals in 23 games - a rate of 1.130: a further drop.

Goals conceded is where the difference is at: Dec. 21 NUFC had conceded 30 goals in their 14 matches - a rate of 2.142.

Today's figures: 61 goals in 37 matches - a rate of 1.648.

Dec. 21 to today - 31 goals in 23 games: a concession rate of 1.347 goals per game. (That figure includes conceding 5 to both THFC & MCFC since Christmas which rather skews the figures.)

Who's the NUFC player of the year? Joelinton. Dan Burn must be spitting feathers.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm in Milan currently and talking to Italian colleagues about Conte. The view locally is he is a superb manager if he isn't working with superstars but if he has a bunch of egos to manage it is a disaster. He is apparently known for overwhelming micromanagement, calling players at 3am asking if they are having sex with their wives, or at 6am in the morning asking what they are eating for breakfast and it is very intrusive and obsessive, however his ability to apply a clear 'point and click' approach for young/developing players to learn a system is incredible. But stick Ronaldo, Mbappe etc in his team and fireworks would go off
    Interesting perspective, although not entirely supported by his track record (Chelsea being a case in point). That said, he tends not to stay anywhere particularly long, so who knows?

(Luckily, we have no prima donnas in our squad anyway.)

Premier League 2021-22

December 2021 rock bottom with 7 points from 14 games . . .

Fast forward to today and in 12th place with 46 points and a real possibility of a top half finish.
    Well if Villa can do the same to Burnley at Villa Park tonight as they did at Turf Moor last week and you guys go all out for that top half finish, I’ll be a happy man come Sunday evening!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 18th May 2022 at 16:39.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Well if Villa can do the same to Burnley at Villa Park tonight as they did at Turf Moor last week and you guys go all out for that top half finish, I’ll be a happy man come Sunday evening!
    Me too! A little bit of hope is almost worse than none! If we do stay up I’m predicting Burnley to win tomorrow, then lose to a 94th minute goal In the last game while we go down to ten men and a goal behind before rallying and scoring a 94th minute winner- we never do it the easy way! Mot.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    That is a very old school method of management, which was employed very succesfully by the likes of Fergie.

I did not know it still existed in todays managers and if what you say about Conte is true then it clearly does. How agreeable the modern player is to that style of management is the question, I personally am a fan of that level of discipline and feel that it is lacking in the modern player.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Me too! A little bit of hope is almost worse than none! If we do stay up I’m predicting Burnley to win tomorrow, then lose to a 94th minute goal In the last game while we go down to ten men and a goal behind before rallying and scoring a 94th minute winner- we never do it the easy way! Mot.
    I think I’d best check the insurance policies, I don’t think I could survive that!

Master
    That is a very old school method of management, which was employed very succesfully by the likes of Fergie.

I did not know it still existed in todays managers and if what you say about Conte is true then it clearly does.

I personally am a fan of that level of discipline and feel that it is lacking in the modern player, though it can be a little too intrusive as in the example you gave, if true!

Interesting analysis, thanks. Yes, Joelinton is player of the year. A truly remarkable turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Something interesting I noted:

On the Dec. 21 table, NUFC are scoring at a rate of 1.142 goals per game - 16 goals in 14 games.

As it stands today, NUFC have scored 42 goals in 37 games: that's a scoring rate of 1.135: a slight drop from the Dec. 21 figure.

From Dec. 21 to today, NUFC has scored 26 goals in 23 games - a rate of 1.130: a further drop.

Goals conceded is where the difference is at: Dec. 21 NUFC had conceded 30 goals in their 14 matches - a rate of 2.142.

Today's figures: 61 goals in 37 matches - a rate of 1.648.

Dec. 21 to today - 31 goals in 23 games: a concession rate of 1.347 goals per game. (That figure includes conceding 5 to both THFC & MCFC since Christmas which rather skews the figures.)

Who's the NUFC player of the year? Joelinton. Dan Burn must be spitting feathers.

Good luck to Rangers tonight. Hope that they can pull it off.

Master
    Frankfurt!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    And the team is pretty much the same with no marquee signings.

Just shows the difference a decent manager makes Bob. Howe is light years ahead of gormless Geordie Bruce.

If NU get rid of him it will be a travesty .

I believe the owners have too much integrity for that Neil.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Good luck to Rangers tonight. Hope that they can pull it off.
    Gutted. So close.

I believe the owners have too much integrity for that Neil.
    Brutal!

Master
    My word Everton's position as scores stand currently is a very dangerous one

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    My word Everton's position as scores stand currently is a very dangerous one
    Amazing scenes

Aaaaaaand safe ��
    Last edited by thegoat; 19th May 2022 at 21:48.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Amazing scenes

Aaaaaaand safe 👍
    Amazing turnaround, fair play to them.

Grand Master
    Amazing scenes

Aaaaaaand safe ��
    Final day for us Leeds fans looks tricky now!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Final day for us Leeds fans looks tricky now!
    I would contend that you have a better chance of a result against Brentford than Burnley do against Newcastle albeit they're at home.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bloody hell been sweating tonight. Well done blue boys stunning comeback.

Grand Master
    I would contend that you have a better chance of a result against Brentford than Burnley do against Newcastle albeit they're at home.
    As a Leeds fan I’d love to agree, but Leeds are struggling to score goals and you need to do that to win. Hate to say it but barring a minor miracle I think Leeds are championship- bound.

At this stage of the season the table doesn’t lie and much as it pains me to say it Leeds are in this position because they are one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the division. Without better quality players trying to play Bielsa-ball was never going to end in success.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    As a Leeds fan I’d love to agree, but Leeds are struggling to score goals and you need to do that to win. Hate to say it but barring a minor miracle I think Leeds are championship- bound.

At this stage of the season the table doesn’t lie and much as it pains me to say it Leeds are in this position because they are one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in the division. Without better quality players trying to play Bielsa-ball was never going to end in success.
    I think you will both lose and get relegated on goal difference, which is a poor way to go.

Did not watch the game but seeing reports of Vieira kicking a fan, could be an interested fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Did not watch the game but seeing reports of Vieira kicking a fan, could be an interested fall out.
    Nice old school clatter from Vieira went from being surrounded to having space... I expect to see the lad with compo face appearing on the DM website shortly, saying was minding his own business sat in the stadium...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Nice old school clatter from Vieira went from being surrounded to having space... I expect to see the lad with compo face appearing on the DM website shortly, saying was minding his own business sat in the stadium...
    Whilst not condoning Viera's actions, we have to accept that professional sports people are still human beings.

Being goaded by a low life, albeit elated supporter, putting his middle finger in your face whilst recording on his mobile phone, all whilst being on the football pitch the scum has no right to be on, will inevitably risk a reaction from the person whose face said finger is in, no?

I personally think Viera was remarkably restrained under the circumstances.
    Last edited by tango; 20th May 2022 at 10:37.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Whilst not condoning Viera's actions, we have to accept that professional sports people are still human beings.

Being goaded by a low life, albeit elated supporter, putting his middle finger in your face whilst recording on his mobile phone, all whilst being on the football pitch the scum has no right to be on, will inevitably risk a reaction from the person whose face said finger is in, no?

Wow what has happened to Everton. Huge pitch invasion because they have just about stayed up.

Regards the 'Elated supporter' what a twonk. It isn't even like palace were going down in their place. Why be so aggressive towards him i don't know. The fan is lucky Viera didn't get hold of him.

I agree, the “fan” was a pratt and deserved a kick

Well this will be an interesting challenge for premier League, can't see how everton survive, surely they will get a points deduction unless Leeds and Burnley are paid off

Looks like premier League and Everton hoped no-one would notice or any punishment was next season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Well this will be an interesting challenge for premier League, can't see how everton survive, surely they will get a points deduction unless Leeds and Burnley are paid off

Looks like premier League and Everton hoped no-one would notice or any punishment was next season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Interesting indeed, just when Everton fans were breathing a sigh of relief they now have this hanging over their heads.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never even thought of a points reduction. My money would be on it not happening though.

Master
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...premier-league

I’m not a Chelsea fan but found this was a nice goodbye letter by all standards.

Craftsman
    Just back from Seville. That stadium is crumbling and I don’t know how it was awarded a euro final.
    40 degrees in Seville before the game and police were taking water off everybody that was entering the stadium. Police were also taking inhalers, ear pods, power banks and sun cream off folk, all things that are not on UEFA’s banned list.
    Kiosks ran out of water half hour before the game started and by time they had restocked the game was in extra time, and the price had went up from €3 to €5. I seen folk passed out on the concourse. The police were telling folk to drink from the toilet taps, they were eventually turned off as well..
    UEFA really are a shambles but most folk that follow football know that already!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Frankfurt!!!!!!
    What a roller coaster few days for you. From the sheer elation of Rangers getting beat in a Euro final to the utter despair that not one Rangers supporter out of over 100,000 in Seville got arrested.
    Ranger are living rent free in your head.
    You are a sad individual!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    What a roller coaster few days for you. From the sheer elation of Rangers getting beat in a Euro final to the utter despair that not one Rangers supporter out of over 100,000 in Seville got arrested.
    Ranger are living rent free in your head.
    You are a sad individual!
    GIRUY, ya rancid wee soap dodger😂

Master
    https://twitter.com/tam_selleck/stat...JFY_VWoPUKvC0w

Was that you in the crowd Speedy?
    Good you got home safe

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    GIRUY, ya rancid wee soap dodger😂
    Hmm…lol
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...sh-6451792.amp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    https://twitter.com/tam_selleck/stat...JFY_VWoPUKvC0w

Was that you in the crowd Speedy?
    Good you got home safe
    Not me Hoof!

Master
    Just back from Seville. That stadium is crumbling and I don’t know how it was awarded a euro final.
    40 degrees in Seville before the game and police were taking water off everybody that was entering the stadium. Police were also taking inhalers, ear pods, power banks and sun cream off folk, all things that are not on UEFA’s banned list.
    Kiosks ran out of water half hour before the game started and by time they had restocked the game was in extra time, and the price had went up from €3 to €5. I seen folk passed out on the concourse. The police were telling folk to drink from the toilet taps, they were eventually turned off as well..
    UEFA really are a shambles but most folk that follow football know that already!
    Let's get this straight though Speedy and I won't keep you as I know you have a cup final to attend
    We now have UEFA and the Spanish Police conspiring against "the famous" on top of the SNP government,Glasgow city council and Nicola's stormtroopers Police Scotland all plotting against the Rangers.
    Seems reasonable.
    Have a beer and chill mate.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Let's get this straight though Speedy and I won't keep you as I know you have a cup final to attend
    We now have UEFA and the Spanish Police conspiring against "the famous" on top of the SNP government,Glasgow city council and Nicola's stormtroopers Police Scotland all plotting against the Rangers.
    Seems reasonable.
    Have a beer and chill mate.
    Seems like the Germans weren’t to happy with it either…Nippy must be out to get them as well!

https://talksport.com/football/11136...gue-final/amp/

Old Firm sectarianism - when football rivalry goes too far :yawn:

Master
    Blog Entries

I’m not a Chelsea fan but found this was a nice goodbye letter by all standards.
    Pure class!

Blog Entries

I'm a Chelsea home and away ST-holder and I've always loved the guy. Gutted to see him go but, with all the current turmoil, it's understandable. Rumour has it he and his agent each demanded £10m signing bonuses but it's hard to know what to believe. I wish him all the best (except if drawn against us in the future, obviously).

Blog Entries
    Spain is particularly bad for ill-treatment of away fans. I don't know whether it's British supporters in particular but whenever I've travelled with Chelsea abroad, they are far worse than other countries. I recently went to the Real Madrid game at the Bernabeu and we were kept in for an hour after. That's not particularly unusual on the continent but in this instance, they wouldn't even let fans out to visit the toilet in all that time. Then, an hour after the game (12.20am) they opened only the far gate which meant all other fans, including some with limited mobility, had to climb across seats for fifty or sixty yards to simply walk back past the gate where they started. By now, all toilets were closed which prolonged the agony for those needing to go and in addition to that, all escalators had been turned off meaning again that those with limited mobility had a long and painful climb down from the very top of the stadium. You could tell during the wait that the Spanish police were just itching for the slightest excuse to steam in with batons but thankfully, everyone kept their cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Spain is particularly bad for ill-treatment of away fans. I don't know whether it's British supporters in particular but whenever I've travelled with Chelsea abroad, they are far worse than other countries. I recently went to the Real Madrid game at the Bernabeu and we were kept in for an hour after. That's not particularly unusual on the continent but in this instance, they wouldn't even let fans out to visit the toilet in all that time. Then, an hour after the game (12.20am) they opened only the far gate which meant all other fans, including some with limited mobility, had to climb across seats for fifty or sixty yards to simply walk back past the gate where they started. By now, all toilets were closed which prolonged the agony for those needing to go and in addition to that, all escalators had been turned off meaning again that those with limited mobility had a long and painful climb down from the very top of the stadium. You could tell during the wait that the Spanish police were just itching for the slightest excuse to steam in with batons but thankfully, everyone kept their cool.
    Completely agree with all this .
    I’ve had two really bad experiences at the Bernabeu at the hands of the police . Barcelona wasn’t much better .

Blog Entries
    I’ve had two really bad experiences at the Bernabeu at the hands of the police . Barcelona wasn’t much better .
    Yet when we welcome them to British stadia, they are typically let out straight after a game and treated with the respect that should be afforded to everyone.

Craftsman
    Was the same at Porto a few years ago.

It’s amazing when you go to Germany though!
    You’re met at the airport by a group of 6ft 4 “ policemen in riot gear with an Alsatian. They treat you very respectfully but leave you knowing in no uncertain terms what will happen if you step out of line .
    It works a treat and that’s how it should be .
    Most British football fans are perfectly capable of behaving themselves . The poor policing on show in Spain merely ramps up the atmosphere for the worse .

Blog Entries
    Last year at the Champions League Final, we were treated very well.

It’s amazing when you go to Germany though!
    You’re met at the airport by a group of 6ft 4 “ policemen in riot gear with an Alsatian. They treat you very respectfully but leave you knowing in no uncertain terms what will happen if you step out of line .
    It works a treat and that’s how it should be .
    Most British football fans are perfectly capable of behaving themselves . The poor policing on show in Spain merely ramps up the atmosphere for the worse .
    Never had any problems in Germany.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Last year at the Champions League Final, we were treated very well.

Never had any problems in Germany.
    Reduced capacity for that game might have had something to do with it

Blog Entries
    Reduced capacity for that game might have had something to do with it
    Very true.

Master
    Portugal is the worst I’ve ever been too. Trumps Spain for heavy handed policing.

Benfica a few weeks back everyone outside the ground is mixing great ( there were only 3,000 Liverpool fans ).

We go to walk into our gate and we are all shepherded by some heras fencing and then in a area and kettle in 3 groups by Portuguese riot police. They kept us there for 45 mins and made us miss 20 mins of the game.

We were then held an hour after the game ( standard and fine ) however when we were eventually let out we were then kettled again and held for a further 45 mins outside the stadium.

Anyone who asked a question got pushed over or hit with a baton.

We were then marched to a train station and told everyone had to get onto the train and it only stopped once 25 mins away.

Absolute disgrace, it turns into a complete hassle and going the game on a European away for a British fan is the worst part of the trip.

The fans when they came to anfield get treated like royalty. The club even paid for their fans to go on open top tour buses around Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Do you think Real Madrid could be tempted to make a move for Salah now Mbappe has chosen to stay put?

I think it could suit both Liverpool and the player if a big offer were to be received.