closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex ADs being told to release warranty cards

Craftsman

Rolex ADs being told to release warranty cards

Hear a couple of people getting their warranty cards back earlier/some rumours about ADs being told to not retain warranty cards.

Anyone knows more?

Craftsman
    Watch the youtube video attached to this thread

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ex-SS-Shortage

Craftsman
    I sent the video to my AD and he said it was B***ocks, so I honestly don’t know

Only that I saw this on the Bramly facebook page last week

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Watch the youtube video attached to this thread

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ex-SS-Shortage
    Thanks. Only realised it was a similar thread after posting!

Master
    Blog Entries

AD submariner

A friend of mine picked a non-date Submariner 114060 after only a two month wait yesterday. The full set with everything including warranty card except the hang tag, bezel protector and outer white cardboard box cover. My be he should go back and ask for the rest from the AD?

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    A friend of mine picked a non-date Submariner 114060 after only a two month wait yesterday. The full set with everything including warranty card except the hang tag, bezel protector and outer white cardboard box cover. My be he should go back and ask for the rest from the AD?

M
    The hang tag and bezel protector are not part of the full set. Not sure what the stance is on the white outer sleeve tbh.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    The hang tag and bezel protector are not part of the full set. Not sure what the stance is on the white outer sleeve tbh.
    Also, I noticed that there is no identification stickers (model barcode etc) on the outer cream box as with my own 6 digit models. Totally blank, is this the norm these days with Rolex boxes?

Cheers
    M

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post

M
    I’ve got all the white cardboard box covers for my Rolex sport models... don’t think they’ll keep that.

Blog Entries
    I had to bring my own carrier bag for my last Rolex as the store was withholding them. Terrible service. I’ll never use them again.

It would be really useful if someone on here who has their Rolex Warranty card currently held by a WOS group company, could make an enquiry concerning the immediate release of their card and report back.

Mine are with DMR and I am not too hopeful of any change in their policy as they are very nervous of flippers and seem to think this is the answer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    It would be really useful if someone on here who has their Rolex Warranty card currently held by a WOS group company, could make an enquiry concerning the immediate release of their card and report back.

Mine are with DMR and I am not too hopeful of any change in their policy as they are very nervous of flippers and seem to think this is the answer.
    As a measure has this actually worked to prevent flippers? There are over 1,000 BLNR's for sale on Chrono24 so I'd say on face value it doesn't look like it.

I asked on live chat for Goldsmiths and they said their policy is still a year.

I personally have nothing against the policy if it means more watches go to the right people, although I'm skeptical that it is actually working. It was quite satisfying collecting my LVC warranty card a couple of weeks ago. 9 months to go for my BLRO :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    As a measure has this actually worked to prevent flippers?
    Nope!

There are over 1,000 BLNR's for sale on Chrono24 so I'd say on face value it doesn't look like it.
    Exactly!

Just picked up the warranty card for my Sub on Sunday. I offered to leave it with them for another year if it helped me get a other watch as I'm not sling it. They said no chance and wanted it gone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    I asked on live chat for Goldsmiths and they said their policy is still a year.

I personally have nothing against the policy if it means more watches go to the right people, although I'm skeptical that it is actually working. It was quite satisfying collecting my LVC warranty card a couple of weeks ago. 9 months to go for my BLRO :)
    I agree in principle but what happens if the AD suddenly loses its AD status? As an example, Fraser Hart have recently lost their Rolex & Omega AD status (at least from my local store). What happens to customers whose cards are held at the point that AD status is withdrawn?

Craftsman

As an aside my Pepsi warranty card was a year old in October ( see what I did there ) , I had to go in and sign for it and take it home, they wouldn’t post it out, saying that they let me chase it up so there’s no procedure in place for contacting customers when the twelve months is up.

I dropped a hint about my warranty card for my Blnr jubilee, but that was skirted over

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I agree in principle but what happens if the AD suddenly loses its AD status? As an example, Fraser Hart have recently lost their Rolex & Omega AD status (at least from my local store). What happens to customers whose cards are held at the point that AD status is withdrawn?
    I would assume that the purchaser can go and collect their warranty card as soon as the status is lost (no point of the AD holding it any longer) or can collect it after the 12 months like usual? I'd be more worried about the store going into administration or the card getting lost, which seems happen from time to time based on other threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    As an aside my Pepsi warranty card was a year old in October ( see what I did there ) , I had to go in and sign for it and take it home, they wouldn’t post it out, saying that they let me chase it up so there’s no procedure in place for contacting customers when the twelve months is up.

I dropped a hint about my warranty card for my Blnr jubilee, but that was skirted over
    I wasn't contacted about my LVC card (bought from a small chain, not WoS) and I went in after about 13 months. My BLRO one is with another WoS group AD, who put it into a specific warranty card sized envelope and it looked a bit more well thought out. I'm due to get a BLNR soon, it was one of the reasons I made the effort to collect the LVC card - having 3 cards retained across 2 ADs made me feel a bit nauseous!

Craftsman
    I’ve also heard of customers being able to go to Rolex and demand for a ‘replacement’ warranty card, claiming they lost theirs... So holding the warranty card really does very little.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I’ve also heard of customers being able to go to Rolex and demand for a ‘replacement’ warranty card, claiming they lost theirs... So holding the warranty card really does very little.
    Rolex will only replace a lost warranty card in extreme conditions.

"Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen."

No thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...light=warranty

Craftsman
    Had a friend message his WoS contact. They are not giving out warranty card before the 12 month date as his Pepsi card was retained and will be kept till the 12 month mark is reached

Craftsman
    I bought my LVC a few weeks ago, and the warranty card has been withheld for 12 months. I understand its a WOS requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to the guys at my WOS Ad yesterday who know nothing about this. They are holding cards of mine. They’ve seen the video and are calling BS until they hear any different. Could be true but it hasn’t filtered down to store level as of yet so I’m withholding judgement til I see some concrete proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Spoke to the guys at my WOS Ad yesterday who know nothing about this. They are holding cards of mine. They’ve seen the video and are calling BS until they hear any different. Could be true but it hasn’t filtered down to store level as of yet so I’m withholding judgement til I see some concrete proof...
    Agreed

More developments!

Link to post on TRF
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=713035

Blog Entries
    Ready for a flurry of activity on SC when those cards get returned...

Honestly, who cares? I have 2 cards retained and it doesn’t bother me. (Yeah, I should have walked on by ... )

Craftsman
    More developments!

Link to post on TRF
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=713035
    Yeah, I've heard the same - WoS customers being phoned up/being told to collect warranty cards for sports models before the 12 month period ends. If the change in policy is actually true, expect some resistance from ADs (or WoS might even take some time to formalise/communicate this across the group) but think in a month or two, we will find out.

Craftsman
    There’s been a few more reports on this on Facebook groups. People are getting calls from WoS so I do think it’s just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Had a text today saying come and collect
    Your gtee cards from goldsmith's

Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    Had a text today saying come and collect
    Your gtee cards from goldsmith's
    Will be putting DMR to the test tomorrow morning then.

Had a message saying pop in and collect a complementary bottle of Fizz, hope things don't go flat when I ask for my cards to go with it

It will be interesting to see how this affects values if lots become available on ebay, chrono etc.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this affects values if lots become available on ebay, chrono etc.
    To be fair Chrono 24 is already inundated with those "hard to get" professional models eg 1165 BLNR currently available worldwide. Yet values continue to defy gravity, a few more will probably not make much difference although I suppose it would be the UK market where the increase would occur as this has been a restriction applied only by most UK AD's.

Craftsman
    My son and daughter in law have just got theirs back, 6 months after original purchase.

AD in Leeds.
    Last edited by MonkeyBoy; 11th December 2019 at 08:38.

Blog Entries
    Ha ha, yes. Watchfinder gonna be spoilt for choice as well. Much rubbing of hands going on I reckon...
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Just had an email from my AD- I can pick my warranty card whenever I want, bought last Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Just had an email from my AD- I can pick my warranty card whenever I want, bought last Feb.
    What AD was that, an independent or WoS

Master
    It was Prestons.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    What AD was that, an independent or WoS

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Honestly, who cares? I have 2 cards retained and it doesn’t bother me. (Yeah, I should have walked on by ... )
    Well at least one chap cared so much he took a dealer to court and won (according to the Rolex forum thread)

Good on him I say. I (and many others) said it was ridiculous from the start and it would offend me as a buyer of a luxury item with my money! I recall reading many posts from people saying it could be fought and others saying they’d stand no chance... well, if it’s true it comes from a court case then that’s excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Well at least one chap cared so much he took a dealer to court and won (according to the Rolex forum thread)

Good on him I say. I (and many others) said it was ridiculous from the start and it would offend me as a buyer of a luxury item with my money! I recall reading many posts from people saying it could be fought and others saying they’d stand no chance... well, if it’s true it comes from a court case then that’s excellent work.
    Good on him if he doesn’t like Rolex anymore. If true I imagine that he is now blacklisted, unofficially of course, at every AD in the world, forever!

SydR

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    It was Prestons.
    Preston only held onto the warranty card for my Sub for 6 months (bought in early 2018).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

It wasn't this guy by chance was it, w0rrybeads?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...tee-card/page3

Master
    Mine was bought in 19 so maybe policy changed later on- TBH didn’t really bother me as I’ve no intention of selling it, obviously somethings changed with the 12 Months......

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Preston only held onto the warranty card for my Sub for 6 months (bought in early 2018).

Master
    Meanwhile in Japan, now all the ADs got together and created a new rule where one must bring ID with them to purchase a sport rolex and if you buy say a Daytona, you cannot buy the same reference for 5 years. Yes, 5 years. For other references, its now quota'ed at 1 per year.

Note this is ofcourse not a ROLEX initiative but an initiative now created by a conglomerate of Rolex ADs across Japan and this notice is now on a signboard on every desk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Meanwhile in Japan, now all the ADs got together and created a new rule where one must bring ID with them to purchase a sport rolex and if you buy say a Daytona, you cannot buy the same reference for 5 years. Yes, 5 years. For other references, its now quota'ed at 1 per year.

Note this is ofcourse not a ROLEX initiative but an initiative now created by a conglomerate of Rolex ADs across Japan and this notice is now on a signboard on every desk.
    Good.
    In sweden some ADs are now disallowing tax free purchases on anything except Datejusts in TT or PM. Makes it less appealing for the Asian tourist groups who trawl Europe hoarding luxury goods.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Good on him if he doesn’t like Rolex anymore. If true I imagine that he is now blacklisted, unofficially of course, at every AD in the world, forever!
    Who cares, it’s the wrong way to look at it! It’s an over priced tool watch people go bananas over thanks to social media and internet hype.

Remember the days we could see them in the window and your father/grandfather had one?

I’d be proud to be blacklisted to be honest, modern Rolex represents everything I hate about this Watch world!

One day the prices will crash on this modern stuff, the grey market is flooded with them. People really value worn vintage watches or survivor vintage watches. The most valuable being owned by real men/women who got them for the tool they were (divers, pilots etc)

Can you imagine the auctions in years to come, no longer people drooling over a mil sub and bidding it over $100k or the odd 5 digit in nice condition it’ll be...

“Here we have another 300 Rolexes from Instagram celebrities, all mint in box with all accessories, one does have a tiny scratch but it does come with provenance from the Rolex forum where there was a thread posted about how the owner could remove it. It also comes with an unopened vintage Cape cod cloth”

You don't think people spending a fortune so they can wear the knackered property of people who led more interesting lives is just another expression of the weirdness of the modern world?