closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: State of the Collection

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Mightily impressive, even with the long timeline. Consolidation though could get you some serious haute horologe. If I have a criticism it'd be that the collection is dominated by the usual suspect brands. Maybe consolidation could mean a few unconventional brands or independents?
    That’s true, it is weighted - but I’ve tried out virtually every (most) brands, and come back to the same ones.

I dont want to go too expensive on single watches, but I miss my old 50th anniversary Blancpain - so maybe a Fifty Fathoms at some stage. I like a couple of AP’s, but I’m sticking with Patek for my fill of that “Genta” style.

I’d love a Pepsi and BLNR GMT’s, but not at used prices.

Since one of the local Rolex AD’s closed I have no ongoing relationship - and none of the others seems interested in my ongoing mid/long term business - which I guess is shortsighted of them, but they probably just see another guy/chancer in a pair of jeans.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    That’s true, it is weighted - but I’ve tried out virtually every (most) brands, and come back to the same ones.

I dont want to go too expensive on single watches, but I miss my old 50th anniversary Blancpain - so maybe a Fifty Fathoms at some stage. I like a couple of AP’s, but I’m sticking with Patek for my fill of that “Genta” style.

I’d love a Pepsi and BLNR GMT’s, but not at used prices.

Since one of the local Rolex AD’s closed I have no ongoing relationship - and none of the others seems interested in my ongoing mid/long term business - which I guess is shortsighted of them, but they probably just see another guy/chancer in a pair of jeans.
    I think this is a fair point. The Nautilus street value would make me wary wearing it - does it get much wrist time?

I also accept your point of 'knowing what you like' - but consolidation would simply mean freeing cash? Though at the moment, better off just keeping the Rolex in a safe with the way things are.