closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Formula 1 2019

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    So...€50,000 worth of disorderly conduct, since 12.1.1.i reads "Failure to follow the instructions of the relevant officials for the safe and orderly conduct of the Event."

Or was it a safety issue?
    I think they should have the same stewards at every race, then there might be a chance of consistency, a permanent team with an agreed interpretation of the rules and the punishments for breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I think they should have the same stewards at every race, then there might be a chance of consistency, a permanent team with an agreed interpretation of the rules and the punishments for breaking them.
    Looking at the list (link) leads me to think that the FIA is trying to avoid criticism of nationalistic bias by having representatives from many countries (all those holding a GP?). I take that they are nominated by their national organisations.

Having any more than four, as at present, for any one event would probably be unwieldy, if not unmanageable.

While the idea of having a smaller, permanent team is appealing I doubt that it would be without its own problems. Who would choose them...the FIA's decisions are frequently criticised and an election by drivers or teams would similarly be open to accusations of bias. However, it shouldn't be an insoluble problem, but...?