closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 265 of 354 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,250 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Exactly how I felt about the GS1250. If you don’t look back once you parked and it doesn’t make you smile it’s not the one imho.

Looking badass Tony. Congratulations mate.

Here’s my new arrival, and I have to say it’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden, and by god I’ve ridden a few!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Jason, and congratulations on that beast of yours. Once mine has landed I’ll let you know when I’m heading out your way.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Triumph really have their line up sorted. I doubt there’s a bad bike in it. Great colours and with the knee pads classic looks, enjoy.
    Cheers, totally agree. I’d be happy with any number of them but this ticks the boxes for me and the boss lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    The world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket and that has made me realise that life is now. Hence my Honda CB. While I’m very happy with my bike, I’ll also happily admit that your Triumph looks a lot better. I hope you’ll enjoy it for many miles to come.
    Thank you, I have a habit of chopping and changing but I plan to keep this one for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks Jason, and congratulations on that beast of yours. Once mine has landed I’ll let you know when I’m heading out your way.
    Look forward to catching up.

Craftsman
    Ride out to Teignmouth this morning... Lovely =)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The XJR1300 is also worth considering, but then I’m a bit biased!
    Oh boy...

...One day I'm gonna have an XJR1300.

One of my dream bikes, absolutely love the way it looks =)

I seem to have bought a Harley

l seem to have missed the opportunity to be rude until now. Shades indoors - just too cool 😎
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    l seem to have missed the opportunity to be rude until now. Shades indoors - just too cool 
    They're prescription glasses, you cheeky git.

I’ve entered the world of Harley -with a fat bob 114 - an itch that needed scratching!! I’ve upgraded to a Bassani exhaust and arlen ness filter in my stage 1 and OMG - the sound is incredible!!

There was a great turnout of Italian machines at the Motolegends’ Breakfast meeting this morning..too many to photograph (I did take a few snaps but I'm only attaching a couple:
    Nice (free) bacon bap and great coffee was the icing on the cake.

Last edited by Stanford; 9th August 2022 at 09:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavgolf View Post
    I’ve entered the world of Harley -with a fat bob 114 - an itch that needed scratching!! I’ve upgraded to a Bassani exhaust and arlen ness filter in my stage 1 and OMG - the sound is incredible!!
    The place has gone Harley mad

A few of us have, never thought I would be one of them, but it’s a great way to ride and take everything in. The days of dressing like a power ranger are gone for me

Enjoy new ride Tony

They're prescription glasses, you cheeky git.

That is a mega-expensive purchase!

But only because I sense that you are going to get an entirely new, large wardrobe of bike wear!!!

Enjoy the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    A few of us have, never thought I would be one of them, but it’s a great way to ride and take everything in. The days of dressing like a power ranger are gone for me

Enjoy new ride Tony
    Ha! Like the rest of us - it’s probably expanding waistline that steered you there!

Enjoy new ride Tony
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That is a mega-expensive purchase!

But only because I sense that you are going to get an entirely new, large wardrobe of bike wear!!!

Enjoy the bike!
    Thanks, and yes - that's a very real danger. That said, I do have some element of self-control, and I'll try to deploy that whenever within spitting distance of a Harley dealership.

Enjoy new ride Tony
    As long as you don’t start dressing like a wannabe Hell’s Angel!

Personally, I’m trying to resist a Harley but one or two are starting to look appealing and I did have a ride on a Livewire last year.

Thank you.

Thanks, and yes - that's a very real danger. That said, I do have some element of self-control, and I'll try to deploy that whenever within spitting distance of a Harley dealership.

You really don’t!

But - we will all enjoy your journey!

Some seriously nice new bikes being collected. Congrats to those picking them up, must be epic.

…I do have some element of self-control...
    😂😂😂

The place has gone Harley mad
    The next TZ Ride-out......

Quote Originally Posted by Gavgolf View Post
    Let's see some pics Gav. Will be good to check opinions with a fellow owner on the next TZ Harley ride out.

I’ve always had a Harley. Just saying…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know when the Harley thing goes to far is when you buy a leather waist coat.😀

Right turn Clyde

Second new (old 1991) bike day for me!
    The legendary Honda C90 Cub. Grin factor awesome!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Spent the day exploring around Snowdonia today… found this little gem.. Llyn Geirionydd👍

Took a little picnic with me😎

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Let's see some pics Gav. Will be good to check opinions with a fellow owner on the next TZ Harley ride out.
    Let's make it happen

After a rough couple of months (my youngest has had some serious health issues), we managed a holiday with friends in France. Luckily my wife and my mates wife agreed to drive the kids, so we could ride. Some fantastic roads, especially in the Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Spent the day exploring around Snowdonia today… found this little gem.. Llyn Geirionydd

Took a little picnic with me
    Looks nice (and the picnic)

More bike related stuff

A great camping trip from Stockport to Barrow in Furness and back over the weekend on my 1967 Lambretta

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    The next TZ Ride-out......

Sons of Chronometry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    A great camping trip from Stockport to Barrow in Furness and back over the weekend on my 1967 Lambretta
    Lee how many “ fettling “ stops on the way? Great photo by the way

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Lee how many “ fettling “ stops on the way? Great photo by the way

Steve
    Ran like a dream Steve there and back, 4 hour’s each way. Photo was taken at Devils Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale

Light and nimble. 158kgs, fuelled with 53hp (apparently), makes her quite sprightly and very economic.

Master
    Another light bike out tonight. In the Clwydian hills as the sun sets

Steve

Out for a little blast after it started cooling down (the weather not the bike):

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I bought Plake's Sargent Fireblade seat and this evening was my first chance to try it out properly, what a difference!

Instead of sliding around and trying to brace under acceleration, just sat lovely and planted, so much better.

If anyone had a slippy slidy seat and been on the fence about these, recommended from me

I might use about 20% of what the Blade can do, but still love riding it...these old 'uns are still a genuine bargain at the moment IMHO.
    Just had a quick browse of the last few weeks of this thread - glad you like it. Totally unexpectedly it was the best vfm upgrade I had ever made to a bike in terms of transforming the feel and ease of riding.

Congratulations on the new bikes everyone! Some peaches there. Really love the C90 :-)

I had a relatively high speed off on the M25 6 weeks ago which has kept me off bikes (physically and metaphorically) since then. They’re just coming back onto my radar now….

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Just had a quick browse of the last few weeks of this thread - glad you like it. Totally unexpectedly it was the best vfm upgrade I had ever made to a bike in terms of transforming the feel and ease of riding.

Congratulations on the new bikes everyone! Some peaches there. Really love the C90 :-)

I had a relatively high speed off on the M25 6 weeks ago which has kept me off bikes (physically and metaphorically) since then. They’re just coming back onto my radar now….
    Oh crikey - what happened and how badly were you hurt?

Oh crikey - what happened and how badly were you hurt?
    Was on my way to Brands Hatch - in full track day attire thankfully - and the guy in front of the van in front of me did an emergency stop in the fast lane because he had missed his junction. Sensible.

Anyway the van in front of me blocked my view and at that moment I was doing my lifesaver turn to move into the inside lane, looked round to see the van doing a double emergency stop, braked and leant simultaneously and locked up the front wheel……hit the deck about 50 according to the lady behind who thankfully was paying attention.

Had a longgg roll then slide up the road, miraculously was not run over by anything.

Few sprains, broken middle finger on my right hand (I’m a dentist…non ideal) and a fairly scraped up bike. The seat was fine at least lol. The crash bung worked like a treat to protect most of the bike though! Engine cover wore clear through and the front fairing is all broken where I think it clipped the van.

I’m sticking to the Indian Bobber now lol. Up for the TZ-UK bells angels ride out at some point ;)

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. It could have been a lot better if the van driver wasn't such a bell end of course!

Glad you're OK Plake!

GWS Plake, sounds horrendous, but it seems people seem to slow right down and cut in late on motorways, bloody dangerous.

Tony, good luck with your bike collection, must be imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    GWS Plake, sounds horrendous, but it seems people seem to slow right down and cut in late on motorways, bloody dangerous.

Tony, good luck with your bike collection, must be imminent?
    Thanks - 9am on Friday week (they've been selling a lot of bikes, apparently)!

good grief you swapped again? ... how many bpy (bikes per year ) are you doing to a gallon? - hehe have fun on the milwaukee tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    good grief you swapped again? ... how many bpy (bikes per year ) are you doing to a gallon? - hehe have fun on the milwaukee tractor.
    There are people on here who change their bikes more often than I do, but who cares anyway... there are a lot of nice bikes out there! As for being a tractor, I wouldn't exactly call 170+ Nm of torque agricultural

Fingers crossed, its a fun dry day for you. At least you have the Tiger in the meantime.

Master
    If you’ve never been through Luxembourg and the Moselle valley on a bike, you have missed a treat. Epic roads in the area, with great surfaces and loads of variety…

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Deal done and I collect it next Saturday

I’ve had a bit of an epiphany of late, I’ll be selling some watches and doing a bit more of what floats my boat, life’s too short.

I fancy a bit of a rush so I might try listing a modern Rolex on SC.
    Lovely.

I took mine out today for a run as it has been a bit neglected of late. Love it.

There are people on here who change their bikes more often than I do, but who cares anyway... there are a lot of nice bikes out there! As for being a tractor, I wouldn't exactly call 170+ Nm of torque agricultural
    £50 for the fundraiser says that you’re back on a triumph within twelve months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    £50 for the fundraiser says that you’re back on a triumph within twelve months.
    I'll decide whether to take that bet after I've actually had the Harley for a week or two. That said, given that it looks like this...

... you may want to think again
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th August 2022 at 16:01.