closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Everest new bracelet

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    But I've also asked for clasps in the same style as that fitted to the new bracelet but in 18mm, to fit the current bracelet. Cheaper than buying a new bracelet.

Eddie
    This is actually even better from my pov. I am okay with the current bracelet but would be game to try a different clasp. Really don't care about rivets and am ambivalent about greater taper.

Craftsman
    I would have to order 300 of the riveted bracelet tapering to 16mm to fit the current version and I don't think everyone who bought it will want a new bracelet. A different clasp is the best I can do.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie. Sounds good to me.

Could someone please explain to me why the new bracelet will not fit the 1st release of the black 36mm? The watch case is surely not changing (and the watch already has a lady SEL)? All we buyers of the 36mm have been salivating over this tantalising new bracelet! Or am I misreading this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Could someone please explain to me why the new bracelet will not fit the 1st release of the black 36mm? The watch case is surely not changing (and the watch already has a lady SEL)? All we buyers of the 36mm have been salivating over this tantalising new bracelet! Or am I misreading this discussion?
    Because to accommodate the female end piece that someone asked for, the springbar hole in the lugs needs to be in a different place which means that the new bracelet wont fit the current watch and the current bracelet won't fit the new watch. See post #92.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

But I've also asked for clasps in the same style as that fitted to the new bracelet but in 18mm, to fit the current bracelet. Cheaper than buying a new bracelet.

Eddie
    Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Because to accommodate the female end piece that someone asked for, the springbar hole in the lugs needs to be in a different place which means that the new bracelet wont fit the current watch and the current bracelet won't fit the new watch. See post #92.

Eddie
    Thank you. But may I ask why this a problem when the “old” 36mm watch already ALSO has a female end-link?

Craftsman
    I would have to order 300 of the riveted bracelet tapering to 16mm to fit the current version and I don't think everyone who bought it will want a new bracelet. A different clasp is the best I can do.

Eddie
    Sounds good. With the current clasp, the link connecting to it doesn't sit enough inside the ends of clasp, so slips when twisting wrist etc. Hopefully that will be sorted with the new clasp.

Master
    Thank you. But may I ask why this a problem when the “old” 36mm watch already ALSO has a female end-link?
    This has me confused too! The original batch of the PRS-25 36mm has the female end link. Shouldn't the new one fit in fine? Or indeed, just keeping the old end link and attaching the new (male) first link?

Craftsman

Eddie
    Works for me as well, although whilst the size of the original clasp was mildly irritating, over time I have grown to like the watch as it is, so I look forward to more detail on the 18mm clasp.

Journeyman

Eddie
    That's great news! Thanks Eddie.

Although as per others, I really don't understand why the new bracelet endlinks won't fit the current PRS-25 case, seeing they'd be both female in design. As it is, I actually like the male version endlinks of the new bracelet. I hate the thin, flimsy, stamped metal clasp pieces though. They really should be forged/milled pieces of metal instead.
    Last edited by DennisK; 25th May 2019 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    Works for me as well, although whilst the size of the original clasp was mildly irritating, over time I have grown to like the watch as it is, so I look forward to more detail on the 18mm clasp.
    Same here, I don't find it as objectionable now. I have to admit I like the way that it allows instant adjustment - I used this feature a lot when I was on holiday.

The bracelet on the new Vanguard looks identical to this one.

Eddie, it’s absolutely fantastic that you’re ordering a new clasp for those with the first gen bracelet. The ONLY reason I’m not buying a first gen Everest now (as rivets do nothing for me) is that the bracelet appears the ‘wrong’ way round. Most Oyster style bracelets have the middle section of each link drop into the next link as the bracelet leads away from the head of the watch. I’m afraid the first gen bracelet just looks a little odd in my eyes. I hope the next few months pass quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    This has me confused too! The original batch of the PRS-25 36mm has the female end link. Shouldn't the new one fit in fine? Or indeed, just keeping the old end link and attaching the new (male) first link?

The issue is now a non-issue. With a minimum order of 300 required for the new bracelet it's not happening. The choice now is to buy a 3rd party bracelet or sell the first issue watch and buy another from the new batch complete with the 20>16mm bracelet. Or if happy with a 20>18mm taper fit the new clasp that is coming.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    But, will the new clasp fit nicely over the bracelet link, so the link doesn't come out? This is an issue I have with the current clap (aside from the well discussed size)- and the main reason I didn't buy Speedbird3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I can't wait for the new black dial 36mm with rivet bracelet to finally drop. Seems like it's taking forever, but worth the wait

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    This is actually even better from my pov. I am okay with the current bracelet but would be game to try a different clasp. Really don't care about rivets and am ambivalent about greater taper.
    +1.

My cunning plan of getting the white dial 36mm and then swapping its rivet bracelet with someone who dislikes the bracelet/clasp they currently have on their black dial 36mm is dead in the water, I guess

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    My cunning plan of getting the white dial 36mm and then swapping its rivet bracelet with someone who dislikes the bracelet/clasp they currently have on their black dial 36mm is dead in the water, I guess
    Sorry, off-topic but is that William Reid in your avatar?

is that William Reid in your avatar?
    https://youtu.be/CLIXsEa6lVk

Craftsman
    Awesome I’ll buy one of the new clasps to go with my original bracelet .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Nice! Psychocandy is still one of my all time favourite albums!

Nice! Psychocandy is still one of my all time favourite albums!
    Likewise!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Likewise!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    But, will the new clasp fit nicely over the bracelet link, so the link doesn't come out? This is an issue I have with the current clap (aside from the well discussed size)- and the main reason I didn't buy Speedbird3.

I'd imagine that the revised clasp, being a different design, will also come with two new links which fit with it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I'd imagine that the revised clasp, being a different design, will also come with two new links which fit with it.
    Yes very good point. You'd definitely need those as well ....

Apprentice
    Did I get it right, that both (black dial and white dial) smiths everest watches will have the new clasp?

And if yes, when will the black dial with small clasp be available aproximately?

I hope the question wasn‘t already
    answered and i overread it.

Thanks in advance!

I asked for the new bracelet to be redesigned so that it will fit the "old" 36mm Everest and I was assured this morning that it will.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

This is very good news!

Hip hip hooray!

I asked for the new bracelet to be redesigned so that it will fit the "old" 36mm Everest and I was assured this morning that it will.

Eddie
    Thank you v much. Very pleased to hear this.
    Sorry for the bother.

Eddie
    As the maker will now be set up to make a given number for the new releases, is it possible for them to make extra bracelets ? It would seem to be simply increasing the quota of the bracelet production run, which I presume already satisfies their minimum order requirement. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I would certainly be interested in one of the new bracelets for my “old” 36.

My hope is the same as Magirus’ - buy the bracelet first for my “old” 36, and then perhaps a white-dial later on.

Apprentice

Eddie
    I guess that means the death of the dream for those who would just like a new clasp for the old bracelet?

I guess that means the death of the dream for those who would just like a new clasp for the old bracelet?
    Aye, it does. The clasp may involve new links and then we get into minimum quantity orders. I was already looking at minimum quantities for the clasp with no idea how many would sell.

Eddie

Apprentice
    Aye, it does. The clasp may involve new links and then we get into minimum quantity orders. I was already looking at minimum quantities for the clasp with no idea how many would sell.

Eddie
    Thanks for confirming, I'm sure ultimately the new bracelet makes more sense for people.

My hope is the same as Magirus’ - buy the bracelet first for my “old” 36, and then perhaps a white-dial later on.
    Persuade me to get the "current" Everest with the old bracelet and then pick up a white one when they come out. The hand size doesn't annoy me I don't think and one of them would always be on a strap...

Apprentice
    Will the black dial version come with new smaller clasp, or will i have to buy the strap with the new clasp additionally?

Journeyman
    Eddie, are you able to give us an idea as to how much the new bracelet will cost?
    Last edited by DennisK; 4th June 2019 at 22:11.

Eddie
    Dear Eddie,
    is there any schedule update when the upgraded PRS25 36mm black dial (adjusted hands, no date movement) and the new 20-16 redesigned rivet bracelet will be indicatively available ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Dear Eddie,
    is there any schedule update when the upgraded PRS25 36mm black dial (adjusted hands, no date movement) and the new 20-16 redesigned rivet bracelet will be indicatively available ? Thanks
    I would love to know this too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I’m really excited for these releases

Dear Eddie,
    September/October.

Eddie

Journeyman
    September/October.

Eddie
    What about the expedition, Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post
    What about the expedition, Eddie?

Same time.

Eddie

Journeyman
    Same time.

Eddie
    Beauty

Dear Eddie,
    September/October.

Eddie
    Will the bracelet be available separately or does the minimum run of 300 still preclude this, please?
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Will there be 100 each of the black, white and expedition?

So many questions.

Eddie

September/October.

Eddie

Thanks a lot !